Coronavirus (COVID-19)

31 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You didn't ignore them there, even though there has been no reaction from any of the militant vegans on P&B.

Are Jedward militant??

The irony is off the meter with this one.  Militant...

Let’s see, a couple of tweets or pages of spammed statistical graphs and wild extrapolations to tell folk to stop hiding in the hoose.

7 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Jedward v The Corrs was not high on my "Things to happen in 2020" list

Oh Jeez, I'd already spent the morning pointing-and-laughing at conspiracy theorists on Twitter before I clicked that link.

The World is full of absolute fucking idiots.

40 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Oh Jeez, I'd already spent the morning pointing-and-laughing at conspiracy theorists on Twitter before I clicked that link.

The World is full of absolute fucking idiots.

A career solely based on the fact that people want to pump your sisters will eventually do that to you, I guess.

Edited by Hillonearth

The Health Secretary wrote to health boards in April, praising them for surpassing the challenging targets set for discharging patients from hospitals to free up beds. Thousands of people were sent from hospitals into care homes without being tested and there are a number of cases of people who had tested positive being discharged into care homes.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/leaked-letter-reveals-ministers-praise-and-challenging-targets-for-hospitals-told-to-move-patients-into-homesministers-do-not-know-the-individual-clinical/

Incidentally April 10th was pretty much exactly the peak death day of the pandemic (so far) in England, I think Scotland it came a few weeks later.

Are most in the chicken factory?

37 new cases in Tayside, so not quite most. 16 in GGC, 11 in Lothian.

Generally not really much to worry about. 3 in Grampian though, the local lockdown should really be lifted at this stage.

37 new cases in Tayside, so not quite most. 16 in GGC, 11 in Lothian.

Generally not really much to worry about. 3 in Grampian though, the local lockdown should really be lifted at this stage.
Local measures and test and protect is the way forward now, out of necessity aswell as the fact that it's the correct way to go, but this is the time when you need the public to really buy in. Local measure being imposed which are out of step with the rest of the country need to be bare minimum time or I would imagine public buy in will be seriously diminished.

Local measures and test and protect is the way forward now, out of necessity aswell as the fact that it's the correct way to go, but this is the time when you need the public to really buy in. Local measure being imposed which are out of step with the rest of the country need to be bare minimum time or I would imagine public buy in will be seriously diminished.

Agreed.

I did notice yesterday that Perth seemed to be that little bit quieter than previous weeks.

I’d imagine people around about Perthshire will be a bit more cautious going forward until the figure drop.

But 37 new cases is a massive reduction to the 87 from yesterday so it looks like it’s already going in the right direction.

Don't confirmed new cases normally drop over the weekend due to reporting lag? I'd just keep the lockdown measures in place for Aberdeen - has it really been missed by anyone? 

The recent turn in the weather is making me look forward to gyms reopening now, as it has been murder to schedule any exercise outside with the howling wind and rain over the past week. My local authority gym probably won't reopen immediately once restrictions are lifted but if indoor spaces are available again by the end of next month then it'll be good news.