Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
24 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Saw that. Yet we can’t allow fans to go to an Auchinleck Talbot friendly at Irvine. Fcking madness 

Not as mad as not having all NHS services back up to speed. Need to get things into perspective.

I hardly think 100 fans (wearing a face covering) and socially distanced, at a Talbot game is going to “overwhelm the NHS”, when protests/marches with thousands of people didn’t 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Are these additional measures making a jot of difference in Glasgow ? Seems it's not stopping the numbers rising.

It's almost like having pubs and schools open when the cases have risen isn't a good idea.

Lanarkshire to be in lockdown by 6 tonight.

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Of course the US has went about covid in a “strange way”, but I say kudos to them for getting a good number of fans back. From the pics I saw social distancing was happening. A few of countries have had fans back in good numbers for a while now, Russia, Holland etc

Russia's doing great too.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Are these additional measures making a jot of difference in Glasgow ? Seems it's not stopping the numbers rising.

I think you'd have to look beyond the raw numbers tbh.

Firstly, are people actually sticking to the new measures?

Secondly, are the positive results being returned new infections, or are they dead virus?

Only once you answer those, can you ask if the restrictions are having any effect.

I hardly think 100 fans (wearing a face covering) and socially distanced, at a Talbot game is going to “overwhelm the NHS”, when protests/marches with thousands of people didn’t 
Nor do I you have totally missed my point. The clamour for crowds back at football seems mental when we can't get basic NHS services back up and running. I'm not saying the two are linked I'm saying that there has to be priorities. Why should any resource be put into restarting crowds when it seems basic NHS services can't restart. My sister in law works at an Ayrshire hospital. Apparently physiotherapy services are still stopped as the physiotherapists have been redeployed to work as contact tracers. Stands to reason that is only required while new infections continue to rise. Allowing crowds at any event maybe relatively safe but there is the potential for spread there. Any increased risk is stopping those seconded to contact tracing returning to their normal duties. Numbers are rising quickly without reopening stadiums, it really isn't difficult to see how crowds returning now wouldn't help.

Secondly, are the positive results being returned new infections, or are they dead virus?
Only once you answer those, can you ask if the restrictions are having any effect.
Is there another test that can distinguish that available to a mass market as it seems the same tests are being used the world over. No point complaining about a test as Leitch has to be fair if there isn't a commercially viable alternative.

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
39 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Saw that. Yet we can’t allow fans to go to an Auchinleck Talbot friendly at Irvine. Fcking madness 

Not as mad as not having all NHS services back up to speed. Need to get things into perspective.

This is ridiculous bed wetting that helps no one.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I can see both sides of the argument, the majority of championship games and below could probably go ahead as there's never any trouble, the fans are generally sensible (apart from the odd nutter here and there) and the numbers are manageable, however the top league and the old firm in particular would create a whole different challenge and over and above the stadiums you'd also have a large movement of people between towns in public transport (keeping in mind most old firm fans don't live in Glasgow).

I suppose they're still at the "suck it and see" stage but at the same time can't be seen to be allowing the likes of football back in large (or even reduced) numbers when they've still got serious health concerns about soft play areas, 2 families meeting up and the amount of people allowed in a shop etc.

There'll be critics irrespective of what decisions are taken as it's just the whole nature of the situation.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Numbers are rising quickly without reopening stadiums, it really isn't difficult to see how crowds returning now wouldn't help.

They aren't massively different from 12 days ago tbf.

The % positive has increased but at the same time the number of people being tested has dropped since JL told people to stop getting tested for thevsake of it.

Screenshot_20200911-124137_Opera.jpg

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Is there another test that can distinguish that available to a mass market as it seems the same tests are being used the world over. No point complaining about a test as Leitch has to be fair if there isn't a commercially viable alternative.

No, the PCR test is doing what it was always intended to do, it's just being used to do something it can't do. But the need to do something to verify whether or not these people are currently infectious is pressing, as we are now seeing the implementation of restrictions and going backwards based on the results whilst the end of JRS is getting closer.

Where is this hospital review? As with the PHE review it shouldn't take this long to sort.

35 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Of course the US has went about covid in a “strange way”, but I say kudos to them for getting a good number of fans back. From the pics I saw social distancing was happening. A few of countries have had fans back in good numbers for a while now, Russia, Holland etc

Aye, Kudos to them for not letting little things like 190k and counting fatalities impede their freedumb.

35 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The numbers at least aren't accelerating and are reasonably flat.

Thats a start.

No, the PCR test is doing what it was always intended to do, it's just being used to do something it can't do. But the need to do something to verify whether or not these people are currently infectious is pressing, as we are now seeing the implementation of restrictions and going backwards based on the results whilst the end of JRS is getting closer.
Where is this hospital review? As with the PHE review it shouldn't take this long to sort.
Not much point moaning about test results if that's basically the only test available. Strange there is no worldwide clamour for an alternative that you describe if it's so important. If that's the test, that's the test. We have to go with it's outcome if there is no viable alternative. Pretty pointless to keep pointing at results and say we need to know more if it simply can't be done.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
They aren't massively different from 12 days ago tbf.
The % positive has increased but at the same time the number of people being tested has dropped since JL told people to stop getting tested for thevsake of it.
Screenshot_20200911-124137_Opera.thumb.jpg.f5459fb07eddb9a1c1a3607a5f0ef2bf.jpg

That line looks like it's rising to me.

Even Dominic Cummings can see that they are not "rising quickly" over the last 2 weeks

Even Dominic Cummings can see that they are not "rising quickly" over the last 2 weeks
I never put any timescales on my figures, you have taken it upon yourself to base it on the last 2 weeks. Go back a few weeks and numbers have risen quickly. We were down to sub 20 a day we are back at 150 to 200. That's a big jump.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Spot on! Top quality mass graves, bodies rotting in the streets, monopolising the global supply of covid-useless drugs, the government actively stealing ventilators and PPE ordered by states because they were getting no help federally which were subsequently sold to the States who had already bought them, the leader of the country deliberately ignoring the virus because he couldn't handle having to deal with it, resulting in tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths. Oh, plus people getting shot dead for having the gall to request that someone wear a mask in a shop, and people essentially being forced into highly infectious situations just so the GOP can suppress the votes that would see them chased from power. 

A "bit strange" but admirable that they had some people watching sport the other night right enough 🥳🥳🥳🥳

You fucking nutcase

Edited by madwullie

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not much point moaning about test results if that's basically the only test available. Strange there is no worldwide clamour for an alternative that you describe if it's so important. If that's the test, that's the test. We have to go with it's outcome if there is no viable alternative. Pretty pointless to keep pointing at results and say we need to know more if it simply can't be done.

Are the rest of the world panicking about an increase in positive results, though? They certainly aren't trying to achieve the impossible and eliminate it. I don't know if they are starting to re-implement restrictions en masse, but the lack of reporting of them in our MSM suggests they are not. I haven't looked, so don't know.

If NS stood up and said "In the last 24 hours we have identified 175 people who might or might not have Covid-19" then you'd rightly laugh at her, yet that is essentially what happens every day.

Edited by Todd_is_God