Coronavirus (COVID-19)

39 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Are the rest of the world panicking about an increase in positive results, though? They certainly aren't trying to achieve the impossible and eliminate it. I don't know if they are starting to re-implement restrictions en masse, but the lack of reporting of them in our MSM suggests they are not. I haven't looked, so don't know.

If NS stood up and said "In the last 24 hours we have identified 175 people who might or might not have Covid-19" then you'd rightly laugh at her, yet that is essentially what happens every day.

🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Are these additional measures making a jot of difference in Glasgow ? Seems it's not stopping the numbers rising.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading/hearing when it was first announced that it takes probably a couple of weeks before they'll be able to judge if its having any effect. 

23 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Ok they were rising quickly, but are not any more. Happy?

A month ago on Wed 12 Aug the 7 day average of infections was 49, 3 weeks ago 47), 2 weeks ago it was 75,  last week  114, and this week the 7 day average is 155. You took a pic of the graph from the travellingtabby website that shows this, yet you're arguing against the facts. D'you aspire to be a Tory MP FFS?!

3 minutes ago, s_dog said:

I'm pretty sure I remember reading/hearing when it was first announced that it takes probably a couple of weeks before they'll be able to judge if its having any effect. 

A month ago on Wed 12 Aug the 7 day average of infections was 49, 3 weeks ago 47), 2 weeks ago it was 75,  last week  114, and this week the 7 day average is 155. You took a pic of the graph from the travellingtabby website that shows this, yet you're arguing against the facts. D'you aspire to be a Tory MP FFS?!

Anyone who is looking at the blue bars on this chart and can come to the conclusion that they are "rising quickly" is seeing what they want to see.

Of the 12 bars shown, 9 are hovering around the 150 line.

They have risen since a few weeks back, but the current trend is fairly stable.

Screenshot_20200911-124137_Opera.jpg

On the topic of local measures being applied to Lanarkshire, as seems likely, it is worth pointing out that applying a measure to the whole of Lanarkshire is stretching the word "local" out slightly.

Geographically, North and South Lanarkshire together is a huge area.

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

Yes but you also think that HL games are going to be treated differently from League Two games - because the SG is all about the intricacies of the football pyramid - so we can file this view in the bin as well. 

What has changed is the entire direction of travel from 'we're opening things up' to 'more restrictions are needed again'. There is absolutely no way that the SG are going to give the green light for daft football games (Facebook maws everywhere) to host any significant crowd of people while people from more than two households cannot even meet outdoors and one-fifth of the population can't even go to somebody else's house. There will be no further progress on 'crowds at football' until the current measures are lifted and transmission is deemed to be under control.  

Football is also being used as a stick to beat the masses into line. If you behave you'll get a cookie, and that cookie is delicious football.

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I didn't ask if cases were rising. I asked if they were panicking about them.

Panicking is a bit of a loaded word. Moving quickly to impose tougher measures in the face of rising cases might be a more neutral way of putting it. And yes, many are

Edited by madwullie

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Football is also being used as a stick to beat the masses into line. If you behave you'll get a cookie, and that cookie is delicious football.

image.jpeg.ab7aaebe87d5831a639ba58a075a33df.jpeg

Oh, that bitch. Been watching people on YouTube tearing her to shreds for ages. Shes big pals with a guy called Mark Steel who's a Geordie nutter who thinks that LED streetlamps with little aerials on them are actually a 5G kill grid of directed energy weapons. He calls himself a weapons expert, but his actual area of expertise appears to have been shooting a bystander in the head and doing time.
He attended her NMC hearings as a "friend".

33 minutes ago, virginton said:

Yes but you also think that HL games are going to be treated differently from League Two games - because the SG is all about the intricacies of the football pyramid - so we can file this view in the bin as well. 

What has changed is the entire direction of travel from 'we're opening things up' to 'more restrictions are needed again'. There is absolutely no way that the SG are going to give the green light for daft football games (Facebook maws everywhere) to host any significant crowd of people while people from more than two households cannot even meet outdoors and one-fifth of the population can't even go to somebody else's house. There will be no further progress on 'crowds at football' until the current measures are lifted and transmission is deemed to be under control.  

I agreed with you before on League 2. If they had cancelled the tests in Aberdeen and Dingwall tomorrow I'd be pessimistic too, but they didn't, so I'm not.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I agreed with you before on League 2. If they had cancelled the tests in Aberdeen and Dingwall tomorrow I'd be pessimistic too, but they didn't, so I'm not.

Is this a new cricket-style format whereby they play 90 mins over two (or more) days in order to switch the fans at various points, thus maximising gate receipt revenue?

47 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Anyone who is looking at the blue bars on this chart and can come to the conclusion that they are "rising quickly" is seeing what they want to see.

Of the 12 bars shown, 9 are hovering around the 150 line.

They have risen since a few weeks back, but the current trend is fairly stable.

Screenshot_20200911-124137_Opera.jpg

The figures from that graph that I already posted (7 day average each week for the past month up to Wed: 49,  47, 75,  114,  155) show cases are rising. You can argue the semantics about how quickly or not they are still rising, but "fairly stable" just shows that you will deny anything unless it suits you. The sheer amount you post on this thread too, what an utter waste.

Edited by s_dog