Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Why only this age group? 

Not sure why you think it's only this age group from that post but they are particularly fucked, like Caligula's favourite watermelon to quote The Thick of It.

This is their 2008 financial crash event without even getting the chance to get pished and enjoy themselves in the short term.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Not sure why you think it's only this age group from that post but they are particularly fucked, like Caligula's favourite watermelon to quote The Thick of It.

This is their 2008 financial crash event without even getting the chance to get pished and enjoy themselves in the short term.

It just seemed a strange range to quote without context, I think the latter age now with some goes up by about 10 years. 

19 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Why only this age group? 

It was the age range mentioned in YouGov’s tweet on the last page that thicko boomers were objecting to.

Obviously a bad time for everyone but the youngsters who aren’t miserable nihilists obviously aren’t really thinking it through.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Well if he meant 'in the whole world' then even the 'thousands' claim is pretty fucking meaningless, isn't it?

Well that's us up to 2, if the people in question are actually between 20 and 39. We can also throw in a friend that I know who claims to have struggled recovering, but given that they were working in a hospital in London in February-March I doubt that's particularly representative of a typical case.

Just the multiple thousands still left to go then!

Rather strange defence to make of a post that was 100% certain that 'thousands' of 20-30 year olds in the UK have been floored by the long Covid bogeyman tbh. Either we do know in which case that figure is obviously bollocks, or we don't know in which case it's only almost certainly bollocks.

You've misread m8. No-one mentioned the UK. Easy mistake to make tho. We can't all be right all the time 🤝 

BTW I didn't read anything apart from the first sentence 👍 

10 minutes ago, madwullie said:

You've misread m8. No-one mentioned the UK. Easy mistake to make tho. We can't all be right all the time 🤝 

Okay then M8. He was clearly referring to either 'Motherwell' in that 'thousands of young people floored by long Covid!!!111!!!' example or else the entire world instead. Both of which would be equally valid concerns of course.

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png

BTW I didn't read anything apart from the first sentence 👍 

Reads one sentence before choosing to ignore: produces five sentences of blubbering in response to that single line anyway. So much for that ignore tactic then.

Better luck next time champ.

IMG_1576962560.451370.jpg.10ebb265f92f5a0547901406540577bb.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Okay then M8. He was clearly referring to either 'Motherwell' in that 'thousands of young people floored by long Covid!!!111!!!' example or else the entire world instead. Both of which would be equally valid concerns of course.

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png

Reads one sentence before choosing to ignore: produces five sentences of blubbering in response to that single line anyway. So much for that ignore tactic then.

Better luck next time champ.

IMG_1576962560.451370.jpg.10ebb265f92f5a0547901406540577bb.jpg

Didn't read 👆 

Very interesting that FM of Wales wants people from hot spots of England banned from coming to Wales and essentially acknowledging Wales should have border controls.

The baklanisation of the UK has started when piss weak Labour regionalists are suddenly recognising national sovereignty

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Very interesting that FM of Wales wants people from hot spots of England banned from coming to Wales and essentially acknowledging Wales should have border controls.

The baklanisation of the UK has started when piss weak Labour regionalists are suddenly recognising national sovereignty

It sounds more radical than it is. They've already asked people in Wales not to travel from or to hotspots within Wales, it's a bit daft if it doesn't apply to people coming from high risk areas in England too.

I was playing a game on my phone there (don't judge me) and got an advert for the Scottish Government's ParentClub thingy. Thought this was quite interesting:

Screenshot_20201009-212326_YouTube.thumb.jpg.076a6313d62e5232bb0507ee4538c572.jpg

19 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I was playing a game on my phone there (don't judge me) and got an advert for the Scottish Government's ParentClub thingy. Thought this was quite interesting:

Screenshot_20201009-212326_YouTube.thumb.jpg.076a6313d62e5232bb0507ee4538c572.jpg

I'm officially triggered.