Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Under 65 - commute and workplace is main source of infection.

Over 65 - pubs, restaurants etc.

They really need to order the closure of everything not selling essentials.

What we need is a bit of common sense.  Minimise social contact, more so the age groups that are most vulnerable.

My sister, who is in her early 70s, called my missus earlier to arrange to go for a coffee on Friday, something they do regularly. She was miffed when my missus said know and further miffed when she explained why.

Despite her age my sister still works part-time as a cleaner at Ninewells, I’m astounded that she has not been told to stay away and would probably be pissed off if she was.  She’s probably more chance of coming into contact with an infected person than most of us.

I watched Passengers last week and it's even bleaker than what we're facing right now. Guy in suspended animation on a ship in space wakes up by accident. Spends a year alone and decides to wake up Jennifer Lawrence because he's lonely. She forgives him because he's attractive and because he saves them. It made me very uncomfortable.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I watched Passengers last week and it's even bleaker than what we're facing right now. Guy in suspended animation on a ship in space wakes up by accident. Spends a year alone and decides to wake up Jennifer Lawrence because he's lonely. She forgives him because he's attractive and because he saves them. It made me very uncomfortable.

Riding j-law is worse than this?

Just now, Snafu said:

That's one of the few films that fucking terrified me, gave me nightmares.

The Green Mile is the one that while a great movie, gives me the shivers. The bit where that evil cnut deliberately doesn’t wet the sponge before the electrocution..... I’ve just got goosebumps thinking about it. Gives me the fear.

18 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

I'm in the high risk group so I'm going to be careful though there's no way I'm staying in for months. 

Hit the shops every few weeks to stock up and when I'm bored go out for a drive. 

I talked the threat down to my 19 year old Son but this looks like a potential shit storm approaching. 

I need to be sensible with my heart and breathing problems. 

If I get the virus there's a fair chance I'm fecked. 

( stop cheering folks you demean yourselfs )

Nothing to stop you going out, it's just about avoiding places with a load of people about, or getting too close to them.

8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Threads. 

I was about 9 when it was first on. My dad let me stay up to watch it and I was too scared to go to bed afterwards. 

As far as post apocalyptic films go Steel Dawn starting Patrick Swayze is a guilty pleasure, as are The Ultimate Warrior, starring Yul Brynner and Damnation Alley, starring George Peppard. 

Guest Moomintroll
Is oaksoft the alkie who claims to have a PhD?  There’s a few fantasists on here and I get them mixed up.
Ok through a lot of fantasist panic merchants, I feel compelled to go back into work tomorrow from my holiday to help out. My team are describing scenes that are ridiculous but are obviously true. f**k every single mentalist that exists out there, we are easily capable of keeping Supply Chains running. The amount of people who will lose their jobs should shame you but no doubt you will be, "mate I've still got bog roll" despicable p***ks.

Just now, ThatBoyRonaldo said:
13 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That's what makes it good though, right? At least to begin with? They could have really explored that but then they turned it into a big standard action movie halfway through.

I did see a suggestion online it would be a better film from her perspective. It starts with her waking up and she falls in love with him, then gradually finds out what happens as his story starts falling apart. Could have been much more tense and atmospheric than him going into space and getting blasted with the exhaust to save them.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Is oaksoft the alkie who claims to have a PhD?  There’s a few fantasists on here and I get them mixed up.

Ok through a lot of fantasist panic merchants, I feel compelled to go back into work tomorrow from my holiday to help out. My team are describing scenes that are ridiculous but are obviously true. f**k every single mentalist that exists out there, we are easily capable of keeping Supply Chains running. The amount of people who will lose their jobs should shame you but no doubt you will be, "mate I've still got bog roll" despicable p***ks.

I am struggling to understand your post and further struggling to understand why you posted it in response to mine!

Guest Moomintroll
I am struggling to understand your post and further struggling to understand why you posted it in response to mine!
Sorry GD, no idea how that happened.