Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Todays just released 7 day infections in Scotland per 100,000 ( 24th to 30th october) is down to 145.1
Yesterday it was 149.1
Day before 156.7
Day before 162.6
Day before 170.0
Day before 170.2
Day before 168.2
Day before 166.5
Day before 165.9

That suggest the spread has peaked and the R rate may already be below 1 in Scotland.

21 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Todays just released 7 day infections in Scotland per 100,000 ( 24th to 30th october) is down to 145.1
Yesterday it was 149.1
Day before 156.7
Day before 162.6
Day before 170.0
Day before 170.2
Day before 168.2
Day before 166.5
Day before 165.9

That suggest the spread has peaked and the R rate may already be below 1 in Scotland.

It could suggest that or it could be a consequence of the October holidays. Guess we will find out in the next couple of weeks.

It will blown my mind if it increases again now that pubs and restaurants are closing earlier and not selling alcohol indoors!

The only thing left to close will be those superspreading nail bars!

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

50 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think the fears about getting kids to wear masks are misplaced. If you explain something clearly to a kid they'll likely go along with it, the ones who throw a strop about it are just younger versions of the adults who throw a strop about it. f**k them.

Half of the kids probably love running around looking like Bane too. 

I agree. Unless you're the kind of parent that's an anti-masker and banging on about it all the time, I don't think kids GAF. Mine are 5 and 8 and are totally fine wearing masks. 

I actually meant parents wearing masks in the playground for pick up when I said 80% compliance. 

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

I agree. Unless you're the kind of parent that's an anti-masker and banging on about it all the time, I don't think kids GAF. Mine are 5 and 8 and are totally fine wearing masks. 

I actually meant parents wearing masks in the playground for pick up when I said 80% compliance. 

20201027_064031.png.7661235d5869a3c0d0de2a5cec368c0a.png It's now part of our culture.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hearing that Wishaw General is now at ‘surge’ level with operating theatres now being used as ICU beds. 

The modelling paper released last week had 6 icu cases in N and S lanarrkshire and a capacity of 40 overall for Lanarkshire. The forecast is that would spike to 60 after 2 weeks, 117 after 5 weeks.

I don't think it's appreciated how just a few dozen added to that sort of critical care capacity can be such a major problem.

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

The modelling paper released last week had 6 icu cases in N and S lanarrkshire and a capacity of 40 overall for Lanarkshire. The forecast is that would spike to 60 after 2 weeks, 117 after 5 weeks.

I don't think it's appreciated how just a few dozen added to that sort of critical care capacity can be such a major problem.

An ICU capacity of 40 for a region of over 650,000 is scandalous tbh.

When this is done, maybe we should be asking questions of the SG with regards to why they have spent 13 years prioritising and chucking money at things such as free bus travel for over 55s (and there was a suggestion this should be extended to include under 18s also) rather than investing in making our NHS fit for purpose.

14 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

How long does it take to get a straight answer from Westminster?

Reveal hidden contents

Good grief.

Until wee dougie asks the same question that had been asked half a dozen times so he can be proclaimed the saviour 

But wait there is a twist

Edited by doulikefish

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

An ICU capacity of 40 for a region of over 650,000 is scandalous tbh.

When this is done, maybe we should be asking questions of the SG with regards to why they have spent 13 years prioritising and chucking money at things such as free bus travel for over 55s (and there was a suggestion this should be extended to include under 18s also) rather than investing in making our NHS fit for purpose.

I'm not too bothered about free bus passes for elderly etc but that cash would hardly make a dent in our NHS, ICU beds certainly wouldn't be at the top of their list if they received another few hundred million pounds per year.