Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 hours ago, NotThePars said:

These "knuckle scrapers" have been governed by a moronic class for the last 40 years who've deliberately infantilised the population to secure their grip on power so even if it was purely the fault of the people not following government guidelines it's a problem entirely of the Tories and their pals in the media's making.

Labour were in power for 1/3 of that period.

6 minutes ago, Aufc said:

...I am hoping NS sticks to her guns and doesnt go full lockdown.

How do you tell people in Shetland that they are now going into the equivalent of tier 4 when they should really be in tier 0 in Nicola's system announced only days ago? Think there's plenty of political incentive to be systematically less restrictive than Boris for a change as long as the new cases curve continues to plateau and then starts to dip in a Scottish context over the next few weeks.

So the availability of JRS in Scotland, Wales and NI is driven entirely by infection rates in England?
Cool.
If you have Douglas Ross and the STUC joined at the hip on an issue that's quite something.

Look, there’s no point continuing this kind of argument with TiG.

This is clearly right up his contrarian path and you’ll just get sucked down to his level.

34 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

So the availability of JRS in Scotland, Wales and NI is driven entirely by infection rates in England?

Cool.

If you have Douglas Ross and the STUC joined at the hip on an issue that's quite something.

You appear to assume I think it's right. I don't.

But I can also see quite clearly why it isn't possible.

18 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Aye the use of the word “probably” was a caveat.

I am hoping NS sticks to her guns and doesnt go full lockdown.

I think at the very least Glasgow/Lanarkshire might be locked down. Sturgeon by nature has been very much on the cautious side throughout and I get the impression she'd have done what Johnson has if she had control over furlough. 

I don't think it is anywhere near justified locking the whole of Scotland down, but we'll see. 

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Herd stupidity!" Desmond Swayne calls out coronavirus fearmongering -  YouTube

This bawsack

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

It would be quite convenient for the government if MP and part-time TheRapist Mark Francois caught Covid but didn't make it. 

The potential for a fatality would put Swain to the forefront, as he's not the healthiest looking specimen. Saying that, wee "struggle snuggle" Francois doesn't look like a Gym Bunny either.

Let's face it, the number of Tory MPs in this current crop who would leave the world poorer for their passing could be counted on the fingers of one foot. A Pistorius foot.

My vote goes to Patel, mind - if only because that cúnt Rees-Smug has been keeping out of the limelight recently, thereby not continually feeding the flames of my disdain.

Yeah, Patel. She'll do. Make it so.

Localised restrictions are far better options at this stage. Even if it means the entire mainland is tier 4, there is no need to have islands lumped in with the rest of us. The goal here should be to allow people to live under as few restrictions as possible without putting undue strain on the health service.

Might be financially advantageous for the business to shut anyway, though. Which is why Sunak has only extended it when he's been forced too - his view is very much that businesses should be open as much as possible. 
I suspect he'll be extending it again after December, however. 

Said it already, you don’t have to be closed to furlough workers. Many places have furloughed a small or large percentage of their staff whilst remaining open at a reduced capacity. It doesn’t matter what level of restrictions are in place

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You appear to assume I think it's right. I don't.

But I can also see quite clearly why it isn't possible.

At least it's all over as a Public Health crisis, eh?

It's perfectly possible. Would require a fair bit of u-turning on policies, but that's not been a problem for WM in the last few years. What is a problem for the buffoon and his chums is that, while the electorate accepted that the Tories were cúnts while they projected an air of competence, it is becoming clear to all but the most deluded that this mob aren't competent to run a bath, let alone a country. Reports that the T&T app was set to the wrong sensitivity, thereby not notifying many at-risk users, and that Johnson's announcement of the JRS extension being a surprise to even Ministers when he announced it on Saturday, do not inspire confidence.

Even the basics - If I turned up 90 minutes late for a meeting, with no explanation, I'd expect sanctions. This cúnt thinks he can keep the entire country waiting until he can time the bad news so that we all forget about it while watching the Idiot Box dispense our weekly sedatives. And the depressing thing is he appears to be right.

They did but their response has been a lot better than America and here. Our leaders lied to us to try to save the economy then ruined it even more by delaying.
china didn’t have months of warning. Trumps government shut down their scientists and replaced some of them for telling the truth.
Also confirmed that they changed the advice on masks because despite being told to make more masks they didn’t and were going to run out. One expert has been writing to the us government since Obama saying that this was going to happen as China were the main manufacturer.
The uk probably did the same but not confirmed yet.
American government blocked and outbid their own states admins from buying PPE then awarded contracts to five companies to manufacture PPE.
Trump admin lying about drugs and charging $3000 for a drug that costs $10.
This isn’t a government it’s a bunch of businessmen.

I watched that as well. Scandalous but sadly not at all surprising. I wasn’t aware that so many high office positions were taken from qualified scientists and handed to batshit Christian climate change deniers.

One couldn’t help thinking that the stunning incompetence, putting his own yes men in positions of power and fleecing the people/state governments for personal profit while tens of thousands were dying was mirrored to a certain extent in Westminster as well

Also, the documentary missed a glorious chance at the end when they asked the guy who blew the whistle and got sacked what was his overriding impression from the way the pandemic was handled

He should have said “Our President is a fucking idiot”

41 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Labour were in power for 1/3 of that period.

As the unkempt philosopher Pete(r) Doherty once sang 🎵"New Labour, and Tory... One and the same! One and the same." 🎵

ETA: Think he must've spoke to Wee Willie after an early Libertines gig up here

Edited by NotThePars

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

No they are not, look it up in the dictionary.

This forum is so funny sometimes, square or lorne, chippy or chipper, next to football these are the most important subjects.

Just did (Dictionary.com) - they are the same

I watched that as well. Scandalous but sadly not at all surprising. I wasn’t aware that so many high office positions were taken from qualified scientists and handed to batshit Christian climate change deniers.

One couldn’t help thinking that the stunning incompetence, putting his own yes men in positions of power and fleecing the people/state governments for personal profit while tens of thousands were dying was mirrored to a certain extent in Westminster as well

Also, the documentary missed a glorious chance at the end when they asked the guy who blew the whistle and got sacked what was his overriding impression from the way the pandemic was handled

He should have said “Our President is a fucking idiot”
Yeah definite parallels with our country.
Corrupt as feck

41 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The potential for a fatality would put Swain to the forefront, as he's not the healthiest looking specimen. Saying that, wee "struggle snuggle" Francois doesn't look like a Gym Bunny either.

Let's face it, the number of Tory MPs in this current crop who would leave the world poorer for their passing could be counted on the fingers of one foot. A Pistorius foot.

My vote goes to Patel, mind - if only because that cúnt Rees-Smug has been keeping out of the limelight recently, thereby not continually feeding the flames of my disdain.

Yeah, Patel. She'll do. Make it so.

Careful now..

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Localised restrictions are far better options at this stage. Even if it means the entire mainland is tier 4, there is no need to have islands lumped in with the rest of us. The goal here should be to allow people to live under as few restrictions as possible without putting undue strain on the health service.

No no - the goal here now appears to be to put enough pointless restrictions in place so that businesses can close entirely and have *checks notes* the government pay their workers' wages for them instead. Vintage late 2020 logic.

cbf7b15a399ce1e005f9ff44a5f0504b.gif.00ea8f4b5cfc369abdb5d01ce1b187ee.gif

Just set up a fucking credible UBI instead of this endless tinkering based on the latest lobby group pitch to the press or what a footballer posts about on Twitter.