Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

So what Tory MP is catching Covid this time to gain sympathy from the country?

My money is on Patel, Francois or Douglas Ross.

It would be quite convenient for the government if MP and part-time TheRapist Mark Francois caught Covid but didn't make it. 

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

So what Tory MP is catching Covid this time to gain sympathy from the country?

My money is on Patel, Francois or Douglas Ross.

Prince William has conveniently now announced he had Covid at the same time as his old man.

Johnson and Cummings must be holding onto their Old Lizzie trump card.

I can see the reasoning for sticking the central belt areas into tier 4 now and letting them claim furlough. However i cant see why other areas should go to full lockdown. The likes of orkney etc have very low numbers so f**k knows why they would get completely locked down

9 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Seems coincidental that the very areas who’s denizens are unable to follow the basic rules, are in SNP heartlands. I’m mindful that they like “free things” and not adhering to guidance, but why on Earth do the rest of us, especially this end of the M8 have to endure the same sacrifices?

AB7B6AEC-4373-437F-A97E-FC66C475D664.jpeg

Prince William has conveniently now announced he had Covid at the same time as his old man.
Johnson and Cummings must be holding onto their Old Lizzie trump card.

Watch this they’ll announce Andrew had the fucking thing and was ventilated just before announcing he’s restarting public appearances.

I can see the reasoning for sticking the central belt areas into tier 4 now and letting them claim furlough. However i cant see why other areas should go to full lockdown. The likes of orkney etc have very low numbers so f**k knows why they would get completely locked down

They can claim furlough without being in Tier 4 as far as I can see

Why have so many started to say "tiers" for the new 5 level system in Scotland.  Garry Robertson and others say it all the time on the wireless and many posters on this thread have started to use that terminology when referring to Scotland - surely that confuses things further

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Why have so many started to say "tiers" for the new 5 level system in Scotland.  Garry Robertson and others say it all the time on the wireless and many posters on this thread have started to use that terminology when referring to Scotland - surely that confuses things further

You mean you'd get confused if it states Tier 3 rather than Level 3?  

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Updated govt advice is for parents and carers to wear face coverings in school grounds for pick up/drop off.

The schools gates are chaos at pick up time at our bit so not surprised at this but can’t see many people standing outside with a covering on when in most situations you don’t need to wear one until you are indoors.

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The schools gates are chaos at pick up time at our bit so not surprised at this but can’t see many people standing outside with a covering on when in most situations you don’t need to wear one until you are indoors.

Our school only sent the info out ten minutes ago but atm I'd say it's better than 50/50

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You mean you'd get confused if it states Tier 3 rather than Level 3?  

No I wouldn't get confused but so many voiced their confusion last week stating that they didnt know the difference between the Tiers in England and Levels in Scotland - Tories in the Borders were being deliberately obtuse.

Now that the Tier system in England has been put on hold for a month it's not so much of an issue but just curious as to why so many refer to the termininology used in England when discussing Scotland.

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

No I wouldn't get confused but so many voiced their confusion last week stating that they didnt know the difference between the Tiers in England and Levels in Scotland - Tories in the Borders were being deliberately obtuse.

Now that the Tier system in England has been put on hold for a month it's not so much of an issue but just curious as to why so many refer to the termininology used in England when discussing Scotland.

What difference does it make?  Tiers and levels mean the same thing anyway.  I think you're just upset that people are using Tiers instead of the more Scottishy levels?