Coronavirus (COVID-19)

These "knuckle scrapers" have been governed by a moronic class for the last 40 years who've deliberately infantilised the population to secure their grip on power so even if it was purely the fault of the people not following government guidelines it's a problem entirely of the Tories and their pals in the media's making.
The "I'm alright Jack" mentality.

Seems coincidental that the very areas who’s denizens are unable to follow the basic rules, are in SNP heartlands. I’m mindful that they like “free things” and not adhering to guidance, but why on Earth do the rest of us, especially this end of the M8 have to endure the same sacrifices?

images%20(7).jpeg

48 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:
59 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
Trumps government shut down their scientists and replaced some of them for telling the truth

In the business world, Trump has always tried to punt out external people (eg press reporters) who tell any truths which show him up, usually by threatening them with a lawsuit using a rather expensive lawyer. Sadly it's usually worked, even when they've been right.

He's got a court battle at the moment that claims that as President, if he's accused of sexually assaulting someone in the past, she has to sue America if he denies it.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's got a court battle at the moment that claims that as President, if he's accused of sexually assaulting someone in the past, she has to sue America if he denies it.

That ruled in favor of E Jean Carroll a couple of days back mate - the DOJ will not be allowed to act in his defence. 

6 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Toy shops to be announced as essential and must stay open to save are Christmas 🎅 🎄

Share if you agree xox

You'd think in the middle of a pandemic an apple and an orange would be a better and healthier present for the weans than a playstation

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

When do folk think pubs will be reopening in some capacity in Glasgow/Edinburgh? I've gave up following the tier system news tbqh.

Not before New Year,

That was from my Pub guy....

I'd be happy enough for God's Country, South Shire and Glasgow to be fucked into tier 4 now that furlough is available. Less so if they go full nationwide lockdown - although I can see the allure of it if this is the only time furlough money will be available, that they might want to take advantage of it. Would need some convincing tbh. One argument will be that the furlough money is only available so long as England are in lockdown (and another argument for independence) so this might be the only chance to fully clamp down. Then it becomes a matter of explaining why that might be necessary 

I think we'd all agree that withdrawing the JRS is poor whilst significant restrictions on businesses remain in place. But I don't see the issue with this particular stance - it should be fairly obvious why it would be impossible for us to be allowed to make use of the JRS, whilst those elsewhere only have access to the JSS.

Talk me through why it’s “obvious”.

Wales lockdown - no JRS

England lockdown - JRS

JRS only available if England decides for its purposes that a lockdown is necessary. If Scotland, Wales or NI make the same decision, no JRS is available.

The idea that any potential lockdown in Scotland must be driven by infection rates in England is ludicrous.  Yet the availability of the furlough scheme will mean this is the case.

Devolved administrations being treated with contempt as have local authorities in parts of Northern England.

I am also unclear whether non-essential, non-retail businesses will need to close or whether it will discretionary.  If it’s the latter it will be a shambles.

When even the leader of the Scottish Conservatives is shouting that it’s a problem, you need to be pretty fucking staunch to defend it.

Scotland and indeed every area of the UK should have access to the furlough scheme if lockdown is needed, whenever lockdown is needed. It’s quite something that that needs to be said.

The UK Government openly mocked the firebreak in Wales, and refused to give additional support. Point being, England was unaffected by the response of Wales - only a genuine lunatic could argue that Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland should therefore be affected by the response of England.