Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She was told something like this. 8 might have been an exaggeration.

hometestkitcoronavirus4_600x.png?v=15859

Back of the throat/tonsil only (I have no tonsils) were my instructions.

The written instructions/video were contradictory re number of nostrils to be poked into (obviously no more than 2), one said one nostril, the other said both.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Wrong wording

36 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well, if you quislings hadn't supported the auld enemy maybe we would have.

Like what the Irish now have.

Is it not technically the MCC rather than England?

Is an Irishman not the current England cricket captain?

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Sorry, but I don't for a minute think it would amount to a coalition, in the sense that we had a Cameron/Clegg one.  I think the suggestion is ludicrous.
That's beside the point though.  If Starmer would be entitled to a say as PM, then he's entitled to one as Leader of the Opposition.

FWIW since it was me that started this, the PM should absolutely be told to get fucked with his opinions on what we should do up here, given that everything he and his minions have touched has turned to an absolute circus.

I'm not disagreeing regarding the performance of him and his minions.

As a point about people's roles and responsibilities, however, it's all rather juvenile isn't it?

As a point about people's roles and responsibilities, however, it's all rather juvenile isn't it?
Only a wee bit. I am firmly of the opinion in that Keir Starmer should shut the f**k up on this particular issue.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Only a wee bit. I am firmly of the opinion in that Keir Starmer should shut the f**k up on this particular issue.

I don't agree with what he said this morning, but the "none of his business" stuff is daft. 

I'd suggest that had he said something you agreed with, you'd have had no difficulty concerning his saying it.

IMG_0110.thumb.jpg.5f7b93d8bbc589bbe5d0d42587740689.jpg

The dangers of social media - who benefits from this?

The sort of folk that think that the virus won’t effect them because they haven’t had it yet. Or “don’t know anyone who has had it” or thinks “it’s not as contagious as folk say it is”.

Right, so a Labour PM at Westminster, probably with Scottish MPs, would be entitled to no interest in what happens here, would have no say currently for instance, over furlough arrangements?

Furlough arrangements are different because they aren't a reserved matter. 

That's not what Starmer is commenting on.

Colour me shocked - shocked! - to see in the SAGE analysis that closing schools is calculated to reduce the R rate by as much as 0.5 whereas closing non-essential retail is deemed to have a negligible impact on transmission. So naturally the clowncar UK Covid response is to close the latter and circle the wagons around their beloved schools*, thereby achieving absolutely nothing in terms of public health outcomes.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/925856/S0770_NPIs_table__pivot_.pdf

* though I sense yet another cave and U-turn will soon be upon us

16 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

The sort of folk that think that the virus won’t effect them because they haven’t had it yet. Or “don’t know anyone who has had it” or thinks “it’s not as contagious as folk say it is”.

As someone who is more in the pretty sure they had it with mild symptoms camp I think people do need to bear in mind that this isn't an airbourne version of the ebola virus in terms of IFR for most people, and should ponder the fact that when we go overboard on COVID-19 due to mass hysteria there will be people who will die needlessly through lack of hospital access on other medical issues such as cancer as a direct consequence.

Not sure what to make of Boris's spectacular U-turn. He's enough of a populist buffoon that I lean towards believing that he genuinely believed a virus was just around the corner and has panicked when he found out that wasn't going to be the case because he doesn't want to be remembered in the history books as the PM that cancelled Christmas. Meanwhile in Sweden where public health professionals rather than limelight loving and opinion poll gazing politicians have been calling the shots...

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

* though I sense yet another cave and U-turn will soon be upon us

That would seem likely going by both the Scottish and Westminster governments basing their pandemic response so far on feedback from their voters on newspaper comments sections and Twitter.

Unions certainly aren't happy for their members to be like lambs to the slaughter now that the evidence is clear:

#CloseTheSchools was trending in the UK yesterday and #CloseSchoolsNOW today.

It is about 3 months too late but it's good to finally see the media and the general public addressing the elephant in the room and asking for honesty and transparency.

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

That would seem likely going by both the Scottish and Westminster governments basing their pandemic response so far on feedback from their voters on newspaper comments sections and Twitter.

Unions certainly aren't happy for their members to be like lambs to the slaughter now that the evidence is clear:

#CloseTheSchools was trending in the UK yesterday and #CloseSchoolsNOW today.

It is about 3 months too late but it's good to finally see the media and the general public addressing the elephant in the room and asking for honesty and transparency.

Haven’t you heard? Their representative on the BBC yesterday is a “clown” and is to be ignored.