Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Todays figure to 1st November is a slight increase to 142.3. albeit virtually everyone continues on a downward trend 

Apart from these 4 who 3 of them have all had significant rises.  My Geography in  is not great but I assume they are all tier 3 neighbours.

If their rises continue, the 1st 3 could (Possibly should) see themselves in tier 4.

East Renfrewshire  from 198.9 to 221.9

South Ayrshire 149.2 to 172.3

Also Inverclyde 84.8 to 100.3

Renfrewshire 220 to 230.6

S Ayrshire no surprise. Had to go into the office yesterday and got the train at Barassie. Off peak at 10ish and there were literally dozens alredy aboard so all travelling from outwith SA into SA although some may have been SA residents returning having been up the line. The vast majority got off at Troon and Prestwick and were either folk taking their dog (presumably to the beach) or maws with buggies going to / coming from the shops. There is an argument they are merely moving from 1 T3 area to another but that's not the point for now. The train was just as busy as anytime I've been on before the T3 travel restrictions kicked in so it's being widely ignored.

SA also had a couple of quite widely reported big care home outbreaks in the last couple of days that might be skewing it a bit.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/1704613/covid-travel-restrictions-scots-may-face-fines-for-crossing-council-boundaries/

Covid travel restrictions: Scots may face fines for crossing council boundaries

Scots could face fines for crossing council boundaries in Scotland, after the nation recorded its highest daily death toll from coronavirus since May.   Nicola Sturgeon suggested that fixed-penalty notices could be issued to drivers and other transport users caught leaving virus hotspots, with police given the power to target those “flagrantly breaching the law”.
The proposal to legally enforce travel restrictions is expected to be detailed next week, but the first minister said fixed-penalty notices were “probably what would apply”.

cont-
Ms Sturgeon was also asked why such legal powers were not introduced during the first lockdown, in March.
She said the previous rules were nationwide, but now they vary on a regional basis, therefore “you clearly have to have more emphasis on travel restrictions, otherwise you take the virus from the high-prevalence areas to the low-prevalence areas, and it spreads everywhere”.
The SNP leader added that “you cannot have police stopping everybody’s journey” but the legal underpinning would “give the police the ability, if they have evidence that people are flagrantly breaching the law, to take action there”.

Who will enforce this?
The huge police force aye?

18 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Vue are closing all their cinemas as from tomorrow including the ones that are open in Scotland because England goes into lockdown.

There's f**k all for them to show anyway. All the big budget films have been delayed. Cineworld shut ages ago.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

220 to 230 in Renfrewshire is an extra 18 cases. 

East Ren is an extra 20. South Ayrshire is an extra 24. Inverclyde is an extra 12.

Moving up a tier for that would be the height of stupidity.

It may be only an extra 18 cases (Actually 19).    But the Key is that is an extra 19 in total over 7 days after the previous day 1 Figures (65 cases) are dropped. 

So 413 Cases in the 7 day period but a rather large 84 on the 1st November.     So 84 added and 65 removed.   An increase of virtually 30% on the new day compared to the old day.

Edited by superbigal

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/1704613/covid-travel-restrictions-scots-may-face-fines-for-crossing-council-boundaries/

Covid travel restrictions: Scots may face fines for crossing council boundaries

Scots could face fines for crossing council boundaries in Scotland, after the nation recorded its highest daily death toll from coronavirus since May.

Nicola Sturgeon suggested that fixed-penalty notices could be issued to drivers and other transport users caught leaving virus hotspots, with police given the power to target those “flagrantly breaching the law”.

The proposal to legally enforce travel restrictions is expected to be detailed next week, but the first minister said fixed-penalty notices were “probably what would apply”.

cont-

Ms Sturgeon was also asked why such legal powers were not introduced during the first lockdown, in March.

She said the previous rules were nationwide, but now they vary on a regional basis, therefore “you clearly have to have more emphasis on travel restrictions, otherwise you take the virus from the high-prevalence areas to the low-prevalence areas, and it spreads everywhere”.

The SNP leader added that “you cannot have police stopping everybody’s journey” but the legal underpinning would “give the police the ability, if they have evidence that people are flagrantly breaching the law, to take action there”.

Seems a bit daft given that she's left all these businesses open.

I have stuck quite rigidly to the rules throughout this but I attend quite an expensive gym and she's kidding herself on if she thinks I'm not hopping across a council border to go.

1 minute ago, David W said:

Seems a bit daft given that she's left all these businesses open.

I have stuck quite rigidly to the rules throughout this but I attend quite an expensive gym and she's kidding herself on if she thinks I'm not hopping across a council border to go.

Take the car.   Hopping is a bit over the top is it not ?

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
27 minutes ago, Snafu said:
Vue are closing all their cinemas as from tomorrow including the ones that are open in Scotland because England goes into lockdown.

I saw Scottish originating flights being cancelled too for the same reasons.

Aye my EasyJet flight from Glasgow to Berlin in mid-December was cancelled yesterday. Hadn't considered that might be why.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I enjoy this persistent idea that Scotland will be drastically different

England have been cancelling routine operations all week. This will mean non Covid wards are quiet. As far as I have seen this is not the chase in Scotland so yes it will be different

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

S Ayrshire no surprise. Had to go into the office yesterday and got the train at Barassie. Off peak at 10ish and there were literally dozens alredy aboard so all travelling from outwith SA into SA although some may have been SA residents returning having been up the line. The vast majority got off at Troon and Prestwick and were either folk taking their dog (presumably to the beach) or maws with buggies going to / coming from the shops. There is an argument they are merely moving from 1 T3 area to another but that's not the point for now. The train was just as busy as anytime I've been on before the T3 travel restrictions kicked in so it's being widely ignored.

SA also had a couple of quite widely reported big care home outbreaks in the last couple of days that might be skewing it a bit.

It really is the point though for the public as opposed to government that just wants to keep everyone in their irrelevant, local authority box. If you say that everywhere in the Central Belt containing 3 million plus people is in an equal category of risk then there is absolutely zero legitimate reason to restrict travel between those areas. Particularly given that one of the reasons cited for bunging the entire Central Belt into a useless circuit breaker and then tier three status in the first place was the expectation that, erm, people will be travelling around that entire area! 

The SG wants to have it both ways with this and so the public are quite rightly filing their advice about this in the bin. 

Edited by vikingTON