Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Posting about people being able to have kids is maybe not the wisest idea if you don't know their's or their partner's medical situation.

Is it ok to post disparagingly about people who have kids? Just checking the boundaries seeing as you appear to be the arbiter.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You think he's actually sat and read it?

I'd hoped so particularly as it was serialised earlier.

It looked like a few reports  I've  seen at work. Looks fairly substantial but all bets are hedged and there's scope to wriggle  out of any bother  you might get later.

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'd hoped so particularly as it was serialised earlier.

It looked like a few reports  I've  seen at work. Looks fairly substantial but all bets are hedged and there's scope to wriggle  out of any bother  you might get later.

It was an easy read, it certainly didn’t support the assertions that many are making on here.  Do you agree?

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It was an easy read, it certainly didn’t support the assertions that many are making on here.  Do you agree?

It didn't disprove them either, that's my point. Schools have been back for months, I'd hoped they could put the arguments against opening schools to bed and justified the policy.

Re non league football, a few dozen supporters and players mostly outside. Leitch is quoted as saying the travel is an issue. Why doesn't the same argument apply at least to secondary schools?

15 minutes ago, Snafu said:

A fatal blow for the 'save our schools!!!!111!!!!' brigade now that Clownshoes 'only east Asians have the cultural grounding to wear masks, but batter on with holding a full capacity Old Firm match while we're here' 'Jason' Leitch has joined his Arctic convoy of fail to their cause. 

59 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Re non league football, a few dozen supporters and players mostly outside. Leitch is quoted as saying the travel is an issue.

Have you heard anything recent about this? Highland League clubs have been investing in track and trace apps combined with digital season tickets and all sorts of hand sanitiser squirts, don't stand here signs etc, but no word whatsoever. 

Edited by welshbairn

Why can't all kids at least wear masks?
Have you ever tried to get some children to do anything? Have you tried to then get parental support only for the parents to either support the child (because they are always right and the school is always wrong), they are anti-maskers or just don't give a shit and don't return calls/emails and don't come in for meetings?

How long did that take you to post every page, an hour? I have to say that was dedication.

I was laughing with each page being posted up.

Why did you even need to do that when there was already a link?

Not everyone will have clicked on the link but looked at how it was being reported.

Just thought it was good to share - certainly mixed (or inconclusive) evidence when you look deeper in to the report.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have you heard anything recent about this? Highland League clubs have been investing in track and trace apps combined with digital season tickets and all sorts of hand sanitiser squirts, don't stand here signs etc, but no word whatsoever. 

No, I've heard the travel issue in the news and just picking up other bits out of people's anecdotes about what is happening locally and at games.

Shotts is like South Georgia by now, hand sanitizer would freeze. They won't get as many people all season as the nearest school to me will get in one day.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

New coronavirus laws on travel ‘send clear signal to public’

Measures will prevent people in level three and four from going outside of their local authority for non-essential journeys.

Scotland’s deputy first minister said it is “very, very unlikely” people will be stopped by police under new coronavirus travel restrictions but the new measures will send a “clear signal” to the public.

The new legally enforceable measures will prevent people in level three and four of Scotland’s five-tier system from going outside of their local authority area for non-essential journeys from Friday.

John Swinney said those caught breaching the travel restrictions could be given a fixed penalty notice.

He stressed people travelling between council areas for essential journeys – such as a hospital appointment – will not have to show paperwork to support this if they are stopped.

Swinney told BBC Radio Scotland’s Good Morning Scotland programme: “If an individual happened to be stopped by the police, which I think is a very, very unlikely circumstance, on their way to a hospital, if they were to explain to a police officer they were going to hospital for a critical appointment that would be an end of the matter.

“They don’t have to have paperwork to substantiate that.”

He added he does “not envisage those circumstances happening”.

Instead, Swinney said the guidance on travel is being put into law so “we give a very clear signal to members of the public of the importance that is attached to not leaving level three or level four areas in which people live”.

He added: “That signal is basically to say to people that the law requires individuals not to do that unless there are good reasons and particular exemptions for that to be the case.

“And that again comes back to the core point that we have got to minimise human interaction.”

His comments come after First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced on Tuesday that 11 council areas are to be placed under level four restrictions from Friday – forcing hospitality, non-essential retail, gyms, hairdressers and other businesses to close.

This will be applied in the Glasgow City Council area, as well as Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, East Dunbartonshire, West Dunbartonshire, North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, East Ayrshire, South Ayrshire, Stirling and West Lothian.

Residents in the City of Edinburgh Council area along with Angus, Clackmannanshire, Falkirk, Inverclyde, North Ayrshire, Dundee, Fife and Perth and Kinross will also be subject to the travel restrictions in level three.

When they didn’t fine that bint Margaret Ferrier they set a precedent. She knew she had covid and still travelled on public transport putting numerous people at risk. Good luck to them trying to fine Joe Public 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

When they didn’t fine that bint Margaret Ferrier they set a precedent. She knew she had covid and still travelled on public transport putting numerous people at risk. Good luck to them trying to fine Joe Public 

Don't worry. No one will ask for your papers when you venture further afield to buy your vegetables.

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

Seeing a few headlines just now on cancer diagnosis down 40% because of the virus.

That is unacceptable, that's f**king horrendous and another thing both governments should be slammed over.

It’s “covid above all” and “schools above all” . Absolutely shocking on both accounts 

The school situation becomes even more farcical as the days go on. Classes here are having to isolate, how long are they going to flog this dead donkey for? Also don’t know if anyone saw the pics doing the rounds from the opening of the new “super” school in Cumnock. All the maws outside waiting on the kids and it was heaving. Literally about 500 folk crammed together, yet we still can’t have two men and their dug at Tier 1 grounds 😏