Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The offshore industry now have what they're calling the 'dirty helicopter' (aka 'the dirtycopter') that they have set aside for anybody offshore showing symptoms.  Just the name raises a much needed smile.

18 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Was informed only an hour ago that the British Embassy has arranged an evacuation flight out of Podgorica to Gatwick tomorrow - which is a huge relief as I'd rather be back home for the reasons stated in my post above. So grateful to the universe for that one. 

Every good wish to all P&B posters that all our families get through this and come out at the other end sane and safe.

Good luck to you, Betty and Bamm-Bamm.

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Hyperinflation occurs when one country goes on a printing frenzy while the others don't. What i'm suggesting is that we rip up the economic rule book (at least temporarily) and tackle the issue in a world wide effort. Money shouldn't even be a factor in tackling this issue. Every country wants it gone. We all share the same common goal here.

Maybe once folk see that it can be done, they won't want to go back to the old system.  Our rulers can't/won't risk that.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Thought it was funny seeing someone in Lidl have a heads gone at the lack of tins of chopped tomatoes yet had about thousands of fresh tomatoes right behind them.

He must have been a gourmet. If you put tomatoes in the fridge, they lose their taste. I imagine freezing would be similar.

Of course, supermarket toms, especially at this time, are tasteless  anyway.  I really like growing my own.  Gardening thread, I know.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The longer this goes on, the more likely it becomes that we are looking at a major change in what work means for most people.

Companies are going to be forced to consider how many employees they really need going forwards and very many people are going to have a hell of a job convincing the top bosses that their jobs are truly necessary. No doubt every company will be considering that very carefully in the next few weeks and months.

Mass unemployment might be just around the corner.

...and small business owners will rule the world!

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Imagine going into a pub and ordering a pint because you're to lazy to go to the fridge and open a tinny yourself. :blink:

That makes about as much sense as you did. :)

It's a tad expensive to and the coffee from either is rather average at best. Most of what you pay for is image and marketing.

Going into a pub and ordering a pint isn't the same as ordering a pint from the pub at home. So no, it's nothing like what I said.

The longer this goes on, the more likely it becomes that we are looking at a major change in what work means for most people.
Companies are going to be forced to consider how many employees they really need going forwards and very many people are going to have a hell of a job convincing the top bosses that their jobs are truly necessary. No doubt every company will be considering that very carefully in the next few weeks and months.
Mass unemployment might be just around the corner.
What you mean correcting meaningless spreadsheets and having endless meetings isn't a value add job?

Just now, Lofarl said:

What a comedown for 95% of office workers who can’t send their kids to school because they are not classed as essential workers.  Nothing like being told you don’t matter.

You mean.... a machine could have done their dull, pathetic, repetitive jobs this whole time?

cornette.png