Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The "but who'd do better argument" is boring now tbh.

However the answer is no one. None fucking deserve it.

Thanks for your response.

FWIW I agree with you.

It was a genuine question to see if you thought there was a better alternative.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

33 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Accepting all of that and considering your criticism of those who would continue to vote SNP, at this time who would you vote for if the Scottish elections were tomorrow?

25 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The "but who'd do better argument" is boring now tbh.

However the answer is no one. None fucking deserve it.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Denialisim in May will get you the government you deserve.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There we go, finally.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

^^^ denialist simp

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Portugal?

Scotland - 110k+ cases, 4200 deaths

Ireland - 78k cases, 2100 deaths

Norway - 43k; 404 

Finland - 33k; 489.

Yep, nobody could possibly have done a better job than the clowncar country now on lockdown 3 for the year.

I often wonder what position we’d be in now if the UK had “shut the borders” in regards to flights in and out of the UK whilst it was known that covid was ripping through Wuhan and Spain/Italy etc. Still baffles me that at a time when we couldn’t travel 5 miles for anything non essential, flights were still coming in and out of the country with people that werent tested or told to isolate 

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So you're not going to vote because there's nobody better?

At Christmas time especially, it must be difficult to accept that Saint Nic must join Saint Nick on the mythical persons list.

Your friends here, though, will get you through this difficult time

Spoiler

ClGIQLvXEAQhNwB.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Scotland - 110k+ cases, 4200 deaths

Ireland - 78k cases, 2100 deaths

Norway - 43k; 404 

Finland - 33k; 489.

Yep, nobody could possibly have done a better job than the clowncar country now on lockdown 3 for the year.

And all pretty much in lockdown 3 too.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

At Christmas time especially, it must be difficult to accept that Saint Nic must join Saint Nick on the mythical persons list.

Your friends here will get you through this difficult time

Reveal hidden contents

ClGIQLvXEAQhNwB.jpg

And you still can't think of anyone better to vote for in May.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I often wonder what position we’d be in now if the UK had “shut the borders” in regards to flights in and out of the UK whilst it was known that covid was ripping through Wuhan and Spain/Italy etc. Still baffles me that at a time when we couldn’t travel 5 miles for anything non essential, flights were still coming in and out of the country with people that werent tested or told to isolate 

In the year of taking back control of "are boarders", imagine the PR opportunity if they'd actually been willing to do something.

Absolutely howling btw at anyone trying to defend the rationale behind firing those areas fortunate enough to be in Level 1 on Christmas Day, and able to pop out for a pint, into Level 4 on Boxing Day, and therefore not even able to pop out for a coffee, because 1 in 250,000 of the population have a virus.

Nevermind those who let that sink in, and will still cry "both votes SNP" in May because "wHo'D dO bEtTeR?"

🤣

Edited by Todd_is_God

What can you say really, Joe Newell and Hibs couldn't be more unlucky.
Ah well, at least turn on the telly and see what Nicola has to say cause it can't be complete lockdown again when our cases seem to be lower than England. Oh wait...
Right well at least the Scottish Cup Final on Sunday will distract me for a bit. Ah baws the thought of a Hearts win makes me feel very uneasy.

Honestly if you don't laugh you'd cry. What an absolutely brutal time and hopefully folk that are understandably toiling get the help an support they need.

Edited by Cameron1875

Collectively we just need to hope that cases stay as they are or drop off even despite Christmas day, and this bullshit only lasts the 3 weeks. I reserve the right to have a cranial supernova event though if we stay in tier 4 come late January even though cases are dropping.

Absolutely this. My abiding memory of the early days of the virus was when they were filling mass graves on Hart Island in New York and it was pretty much the global centre of the pandemic at that point. I quickly looked at the flight schedules one morning and 4 flights had landed at Heathrow by 11am from New York. That was just Heathrow, f**k knows how many landed at any other UK airports.

Hardly coincidental that New Zealand have been one of the best countries at dealing with this. Maybe if we'd, you know, treated our status as an island as some sort of benefit, we might have done a wee bit better. Quite ironic really that we are in the middle of something to make us isolationist in one sense, yet a percentage of the population couldn't wait to f**k off to Greece/Spain/Portugal at the first opportunity in the bloody summer.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Yep, WFH would be a great option for most if you can waltz down to the pub (or at least out to the garden/park in summer), as well as having some external office space to use as well when needed/to mix things up. Living in your workspace indefinitely when it's raining sideways outside and dark apart from 11-3 at best provides none of the disconnect that is needed to function properly.

This is why they should either f**k off with these restrictions or ramp it up to full public holiday status instead and bin off all non-essential work that can't sit and wait for three weeks: which includes education.

Some people are quite happy to work from home.  I work in a team of 11 and the only person that really wants to get back to the office is the team leader.  He’s a clown that insisted on continuing to get on the tube every day to go into the central London office pre the March lockdown despite it being official company policy at the time to WFH.

I don’t have external office space and have been in a pub once since March and function perfectly well.

Your sweeping generalisations are totally off the mark.  I know it’s not for everyone but very few people I know have a desperate yearning to traipse back into an office every day.  I would add that most of my friends work in IT and have been using Skype and/or teams to work from home on a semi regular basis for years.