Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Folk are still allowed to have parties within their own households, to be fair. 
I was just at Morrisons in Ayr. I lost count of trolleys with half a dozen plus bottles of wine / spirits combined with a couple of slabs of beer and that was in 30 mins or so. Must be some huge over 18 muti generation households in Ayr !!!

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I was just at Morrisons in Ayr. I lost count of trolleys with half a dozen plus bottles of wine / spirits combined with a couple of slabs of beer and that was in 30 mins or so. Must be some huge over 18 muti generation households in Ayr !!!

Alternatively people are off work for a few days, want to stock up to cut down on supermarket trips, and are having a blow out after a shite year with very little enjoyment?

I don't doubt some people will be flouting the rules to an extent but not everyone is trying to recreate the Hacienda in their conservatory.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Alternatively people are off work for a few days, want to stock up to cut down on supermarket trips, and are having a blow out after a shite year with very little enjoyment?

I don't doubt some people will be flouting the rules to an extent but not everyone is trying to recreate the Hacienda in their conservatory.

Exactly this. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Or folk are stocking up for a significant period of time having got through their booze supplies in and around Christmas. I'm sure there are some people planning on having parties but this need to police everyone else who's in the exact same place you are is a weird facet of how people's behaviour has changed over the pandemic and lockdown

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I need to take a break from this thread.

Just way too angry and thin-skinned at the moment to deal with any of this.

Apologies to anyone I've blasted at or offended.

Have a good new year when it comes.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Tough time for everybody just now, never mind having the major worries you currently have. Keep well.

27 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Happy to chat over PM anytime. I know exactly what you’re going through. Be strong. 

33 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Sorry to hear about your wife mate look after yourself and her. Hope 2021 is a much better year for you both.

20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I would do if I had one. Alone and naked.

26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm off work for another week. Between me and my wife 8 bottles of wine and a slab each of beer and cider is probably about right. Probably more if we do a hogmanay blowout

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm off work for another week. Between me and my wife 8 bottles of wine and a slab each of beer and cider is probably about right. Probably more if we do a hogmanay blowout

A week you say? That’s a couple days’ worth.