Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'll be honest, I'm really not sure how I'm going to react to another March style lockdown. Especially if there's no end in sight.
If that is to be what NS announces today then there needs to be a guaranteed end to it. Be that "until X number of people are vaccinated" or a date or whatever. I can't deal with another year of "three weeks to flatten the curve" followed by three months of lockdown. And "two weeks of stricter restrictions to buy us time" - that stretch from October until at least the following January.
It only struck me late last night that I'd spent the whole of yesterday thinking about what was coming today. And that isn't healthy.

They almost certainly have to say restrictions in place until X date and Y number of vaccinations.

My opinion what we’re getting today is -

Delay to schools returning until Middle February. Blended learning for pupils over a set age and schools left open for key workers children’s.

A repeated message of work from home if you can. Detail this will be requested until the end of March to fit in with lasting a year.

Confirmation of non essential businesses to be closed until the end of January.

Ban on non essential travel outside of local area to be put into law.

Usforthem to lose their marbles.
Lord McConnell to be an insufferable p***k claiming schools need to be open.

As an aside I can see the UK gov and teaching unions have a massive fight in the coming days.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

They almost certainly have to say restrictions in place until X date and Y number of vaccinations.

Delay to schools returning until Middle February. Blended learning for pupils over a set age and schools left open for key workers children’s.

A repeated message of work from home if you can. Detail this will be requested until the end of March to fit in with lasting a year.

As an aside I can see the UK gov and teaching unions have a massive fight in the coming days.

Teachers to be branded enemies of the people in the mail is my nap

I've loved the "I'm an insider" stuff on here during this, definitely been a highlight of the thread.
I don't think anything will top someone claiming that their source in "FVRH" would "definitely hear the chat" while falsely stating with absolute certainty that Falkirk would go into tier 4, shortly before it went into tier 2.

“Ma vaccine guy” was also decent

Heard a woman from Ofsted on the radio over the weekend saying that schools should remain open, they are safe for the pupils etc.

The same Ofsted who haven't carried out regular school inspections since last March. [emoji85]

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. There is an end in sight: we're rolling out vaccines. 

Even if it takes a bit longer than some would hope (which is just speculation anyway) any lockdown now would genuinely save lives as we jab arms like mofos in the meantime.

Deep breaths lads, it's not pretty but we're in much better shape looking to the future than we were in March and October. People will be emerging from this lockdown with vaccine inside them - that's a good thing. 

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Could we not just call them now?

No that would not be possible.  Hearts were completely against the uncompleted 19/20 season being called early so I think we should learn from this and just call 20/21 a void season. This will mean all the moaning and threatened legal action by Hearts will not afterall be in vain.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. There is an end in sight: we're rolling out vaccines. 
Even if it takes a bit longer than some would hope (which is just speculation anyway) any lockdown now would genuinely save lives as we jab arms like mofos in the meantime.
Deep breaths lads, it's not pretty but we're in much better shape looking to the future than we were in March and October. People will be emerging from this lockdown with vaccine inside them - that's a good thing. 
Using the Omni online calculator that was posted further up, I was originally forecast to be vaccinated by no later than October. That's now changed to July 2022. I would suggest that's more than "a bit longer" if it turns out to be correct.

This "UsForThem" group are completely unhinged one of their demands is send Covid+ children back into school. Utterly stupid people surely can't be more than 50 or so parents who actually believe that crap, it is so incredibly selfish.

18 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Yip.  The vaccines are a game changer, another 4-6 week proper lockdown whilst these are being administered to the most vulnerable would be the best route IMO.  Given everything that’s happened is a further 4-6 weeks disruption to education going to be life/career changing?

The furlough scheme is still in place and a bit of extra support for businesses might be needed.

I’m concerned at the apparent lack of preparedness for mass vaccination, surely the SG knew that this must have been the ultimate goal.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yip.  The vaccines are a game changer, another 4-6 week proper lockdown whilst these are being administered to the most vulnerable would be the best route IMO.  Given everything that’s happened is a further 4-6 weeks disruption to education going to be life/career changing?

The furlough scheme is still in place and a bit of extra support for businesses might be needed.

I’m concerned at the apparent lack of preparedness for mass vaccination, surely the SG knew that this must have been the ultimate goal.

I know nothing gets P&B going like the mere mention of 'Brewdog', and whilst it's not exactly a done deal, it's interesting to note that they say they're now in talks with SG (and presumably UKG?) about using their pubs as vaccination centres.

Given the offer from Brewdog was made not even a week ago, it does point to a lack of preparedness. These things should have been organised months ago.

A colleague of mine in London is now in hospital.  Earlier in the year her aunt and uncle died of Covid, her mother died of it last week and now she and her father are in hospital with Covid.