Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Many many years ago,  when Tam worked in Wm Low, folk would "accidentally" damage new or exciting food stuffs so we could buy it back out of the damaged goods, half price obviously,  for our breaks. Does this still not happen?

when I worked in booker cash and carry in the early nineties we would do this but management cottoned on and any accidental damages were just binned,rendering them useless to the hungry workers

42 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

you've not lived through it yet

Never said I have. Said living through it happening which is what we are currently doing. Never mentioned the end goal.

Guest Moomintroll
when I worked in booker cash and carry in the early nineties we would do this but management cottoned on and any accidental damages were just binned,rendering them useless to the hungry workers
Bloody hell, what Depot was that? Back then we used to shave mould off cheese rather than bin it.

33 minutes ago, Dele said:

It's taken until the pubs were closed but eventually Alert has posted a half decent looking nurse. 

No coincidence those two things go hand in hand, tbh. 

I thought my standards were low...

31 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Many many years ago,  when Tam worked in Wm Low, folk would "accidentally" damage new or exciting food stuffs so we could buy it back out of the damaged goods, half price obviously,  for our breaks. Does this still not happen?

Worked at Liquorsave (part of Kwiksave) over Christmas one year, and the amount of "damaged" stock that arrived was immense. Manager wasn't bothered as it was just claimed back from the supplier, we didn't have to pay a penny. 

2 hours ago, throbber said:

That’s because some people are absolute morons who refuse to accept the severity of the situation and only care about themselves. Overall as a country we are doing well and are following guidelines and looking out for one another.

If we’re doing so well as a country following guidelines then pubs etc. wouldn’t have been ordered to close by the government yesterday. Too many people were ignoring the ‘distancing’ part of social distancing advice and so here we are.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Saturday and no football and probably no pub. Taking my time over a dump with soft Andrex to clean up is probably the best today is going to get. 

The critically acclaimed (and creatively titled) 2019 feature film on Diego Maradona premieres on Channel 4 tonight from 9pm. 

Here ends this P and B public awareness broadcast.

11 minutes ago, tintax said:

So is it safe to still visit family members in their homes, if both of us are not displaying any symptoms? 

Not recommended if they're elderly or ill as you could be carrying without showing symptoms. If you think you need to visit, try keep your distance and think about wearing gloves or wiping door handles before you leave. Sounds over the top I know, those pictures from Bergamo have got me a bit paranoid. Basic rule is cut down human contact to the minimum you realistically can.

Edited by welshbairn

28 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

See they lying Brittania hotels c***s are trying the 'administration error ' route to reclaim some PR after making their employees homeless. 

Don't fucking think so cuntos. Should really know by their company name that they're c***s already mind you 

Looking forward to the response to my contact with them:

01769CF5-2258-4895-9511-FC3191DA0BFB.thumb.jpeg.62f54f58ed1bb927e3a54a31db39e48b.jpeg

If we’re doing so well as a country following guidelines then pubs etc. wouldn’t have been ordered to close by the government yesterday. Too many people were ignoring the ‘distancing’ part of social distancing advice and so here we are.

You’re always going to get idiots who won’t follow the advice sadly but overall people are doing as instructed and the virus is being contained better than in other countries.

34 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

See they lying Brittania hotels c***s are trying the 'administration error ' route to reclaim some PR after making their employees homeless. 

Don't fucking think so cuntos. Should really know by their company name that they're c***s already mind you 

Not really a name I would use on a product.  Here's an example. Cheap pretendy crap.

Britannia metal (also called britannium or Britannia ware[1]) is a specific type of pewter alloy, favoured for its silvery appearance and smooth surface. The composition by weight is typically about 92% tin, 6% antimony, and 2% copper.[2]

Britannia metal is usually spun rather than cast,[1] and melts at 255 degrees Celsius.[3]

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It was outrageous what they done to the staff but what specifically did they do to P Pole?

Why was he/she singled out?

Yeah, should certainly check the spelling when being outraged.  :(

19 minutes ago, tintax said:

So is it safe to still visit family members in their homes, if both of us are not displaying any symptoms? 

The boy Jason Leitch,  who appears to be the scheme version of Chris Whitty, was on the radio saying he was visiting his maw for mother's day.

Wash your hands when you go in. No hugs and stay out of range. Try not to touch any surface. Wash your hands when you leave. All about the droplets apparently. 

Edited by Bairn Necessities