Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

What does the second line of the post say?

9DD81B3B-64B6-43FB-AE4A-DE4FF3EA7FA8.thumb.jpeg.aff9fd283fb954b1ce9474734e87d502.jpeg

Fucking hell...

Right, I'll break it down for you.

He is alluding to the fact that as soon as a study shows that vaccines are not affected by a variant, the media ALMOST IMMEDIATELY finds a 'new concerning variant'

He wasn't inferring that the report says that the vaccine stems the next 'new variant' almost immediately. It concerns me that you need this explained to you.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Fucking hell...

Right, I'll break it down for you.

He is alluding to the fact that as soon as a study shows that vaccines are not affected by a variant, the media ALMOST IMMEDIATELY finds a 'new concerning variant'

He wasn't inferring that the report says that the vaccine stems the next 'new variant' almost immediately. It concerns me that you need this explained to you.

You should be more concerned for the literacy of your Tory pal.  

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

6733ED0D-4A10-432C-BA5E-E497F6D81D03.png

I reckon the U.K. government could/should do more in terms of financial easing, but given their political leanings I’m not surprised they’re not.

Oh for an Independent Scotland.

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So £1,750 per stay, say £100 for the two tests and the transfer these quarantine hotels will be coining it in on a per diem rate.

My cousin was 3k aussie dollars to get back into oz including tests hotel and 3 meals day.

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Think many of us have been saying it for months. It's a double edged sword to increase both adherence to restrictions and vaccine uptake.

Once they hit 70-80% of the population vaccinated, we'll see how often variants are rolled out. Van Tam said it yesterday, it's nothing they haven't seen before or planned for.

They've planned for everything so well to date!

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

My wife's just got her first jag (AZ), she'll get a phone call in April for the second one. 300 booked in at the practice this afternoon, think that's quite impressive, imo.

No word when myself and our daughter get ours "just have to wait for the appointment" according to the nurse. Still, that's 16% of the household vaccinations done.

Didn't have to wait long - 5.55 the surgery rang, "Can you come down now?", so off we went, 48% household vaccinations complete now, :thumsup2

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo

So, basically what is going to happen is we’re not going to be allowed to go abroad while England will still be allowed to visit certain countries. 

They bring variants back which inevitably cross the border to Scotland. 

Basically we sit in the house doing f**k all for no reward while England does what it wants, yet again.

45 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

What's that, the vaccine shown to work against the variants?

Almost immediately:

🙄

I think we should seal the borders to stop these variants showing up here.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

So, basically what is going to happen is we’re not going to be allowed to go abroad while England will still be allowed to visit certain countries. 

Basically we sit in the house doing f**k all for no reward while England does what it wants, yet again.

You missed the crucial point.  Being able to blame England for importing any new variants.  Apart from that you’re spot on.

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Can't see the English red list standing up

They will move to all countries as anyone else who's introduced these measures has

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You should be more concerned for the literacy of your Tory pal.  

I'm concerned for you.

You bemoan other posters for a lack of patter by reducing you to a caricature of a dithering old man who is losing his marbles but then continually compound that by doing 'dithering old man who is losing his marbles' type stuff.

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon the U.K. government could/should do more in terms of financial easing, but given their political leanings I’m not surprised they’re not.

Oh for an Independent Scotland.

It’s interesting that the debate on this matter in the US is clearly leaning towards large fiscal stimulus. Even Trump was apparently quoted as wanting to “go big” and he signed a massive stimulus package just before leaving office.

The sorts of analysts who usually take a hawkish approach to spending like this aren’t doing so this time.

We are likely going to see a huge fiscal injection to the US economy during a period with relatively high household budgets and a relatively booming stock market.  What happens will be interesting economically and politically in the US anyway.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s interesting that the debate on this matter in the US is clearly leaning towards large fiscal stimulus. Even Trump was apparently quoted as wanting to “go big” and he signed a massive stimulus package just before leaving office.

The sorts of analysts who usually take a hawkish approach to spending like this aren’t doing so this time.

We are likely going to see a huge fiscal injection to the US economy during a period with relatively high household budgets and a relatively booming stock market.  What happens will be interesting economically and politically in the US anyway.

What restrictions has biden put in place since taking office