Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

So because people are saying some obese people need to start taking accountability for their current weight then that means they are a tory. Brilliant.

Anyone who doesn't unquenchingly guzzle Kool-Aid from the SNP cup is a Tory, apparantly.

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I am the only one who would quite enjoy an orgy with Devi and Leanne Crichton and Anne Lundin?

Yes.

Going off topic for a second, the BBC have just reported that the UK's R rating has fallen below 1 for the first time since July, and is now between 0.7 and 0.9.

I hear bullying people is a great way to build confidence and willpower in people. Keep up the good work m8.

Clearly some of the language being used is a wind up. However, why shouldnt people be able to be up front and honest with obese people? They are basically killing themselves through food.

Just now, Wee Bully said:

And then you came down to the conclusion that it would be the Tories. Very telling.

I didn't though. I said if that happened to be them, then so be it.

If it's Labour, the Lib Dems or the SNP then they'd get my vote too.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp tbh.

7 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:
11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
You sure about that?
I heard them saying that people who have been in ICU for over 28 days has gone up by 2 but didn't hear that ICU cases are going up

The total number of people admitted to icu was about 20 more this week than last I believe he said.

4 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

ICU is up by 6 on yesterday.

There are always going to be blips, and patients in hospital is still going the right way (down 27) , so I think this is probably just the lag effect.

Fair enough.

I'd like to see the ICU case numbers of those who were given vaccines 2+ weeks ago. In these in-between times, that is what we really should be gauging and I'm surprised we've not actually been all over trying to get that data as it would give a clearer and unequivocal picture of what effect the vaccines are having.

19 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I don't see whats to be gained by instead of doing 65k for the past few days as they have been, only doing 30k and saving the excess for the coming weeks.

Is it not better to vaccinate everyone as quick as possible , if they followed your idea that would be 60K people in the last two days who would still be waiting for their first jag and thus be further away from having some level of protection.

42 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Fatties really do hate taking responsibility for their own gluttony and lack of willpower.

Yep, on a par with those failing to deal with restrictions. 

Clearly some of the language being used is a wind up. However, why shouldnt people be able to be up front and honest with obese people? They are basically killing themselves through food.

Not one person on this thread has said that being obese is a good thing, nor that obese people shouldn’t be encouraged to lose weight.

Some have however pointed out reasons as to why the issue might exist, and others have just blamed the “fatties”.

Unless you understand the reasons why people behave the way they do - be it eating, drinking, drug taking, or other risky choices - you have very little hope of being able to change those decisions.

Just saying “willpower” is a waste of time. For some people that will work, for others there are more deep seated issues.

5 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Is it not better to vaccinate everyone as quick as possible , if they followed your idea that would be 60K people in the last two days who would still be waiting for their first jag and thus be further away from having some level of protection.

Yes. 

Maybe if we'd done more than 16k per day in January those ICU numbers wouldn't be ticking up still...

Edited by Todd_is_God

I didn't though. I said if that happened to be them, then so be it.
If it's Labour, the Lib Dems or the SNP then they'd get my vote too.
It's not a difficult concept to grasp tbh.

Anyone who even considers voting Tory is someone concerned purely with themselves, and who will lack any kind of empathy.

And lo and behold, what do we see this morning?

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

On an unrelated note

Are you "Big Al" or a "Bi Gal"

Not that I'm judging

I am sure if you had checked my Image and Profile you get a clue.

Not so many carpet munchers play a little semi-pro football in the Highland league that I am aware of. 😉

They might be fluctuating a bit, but that's always going to happen day-to-day. 
Based on Travelling Tabby there were 123 people in ICU last Friday, and 144 the Friday before that. There are currently 115. It might be up from yesterday, but it's still a week-on-week fall. 
Yes numbers in ICU but Leitch was at pains to stress today that ICU new admissions have not yet peaked and continue to rise. That suggests that as well as the now daily announced people in ICU for more than 28 days there must be an awful lot only serious enough to be in ICU a few days otherwise the overall numbers in ICU would not be falling. You rightly point out they are though so not sure why he chose to focus on the admissions part as it simply backs up the new treatments working argument.

13 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Anyone who even considers voting Tory is someone concerned purely with themselves, and who will lack any kind of empathy.

And lo and behold, what do we see this morning?

😂 let's not pretend all those who will religiously vote SNP regardless of anything are doing so because they are empathic AF

Anyway, as someone who used to be really skinny, put weight on, lost it, put it on again, realised enough was enough and started losing it again, I know perfectly well the importance of recognising where the line is, and doing something about it. If people can't see that themselves, then outside pressure needs to be applied, rather than "ach its ok. You look beautiful. Love your body."

If it helps, though, I don't know you. I really don't care about or concern myself with you.

Of course I'll vote for whatever party satisfies my current needs and priorities. That's pretty much how elections work.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I didn't see the briefing.  Are they saying that ICU admissions are trending upwards across the country?  That's clearly rubbish compared to the data published by SG.
ETA thinking about it admissions may be rising but overall numbers in ICU is trending downwards so the published data shows the stats are going in the right direction.
Overall numbers are trending down but he stressed today new admissions to ICU are still rising. Can only mean ICU treatment is now more successful and the majority are only in ICU for a few days despite the now reported over 28 day cases.