Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Also, lots of people who complain about depictions of obesity are just looking for an excuse to be horrible to people, especially women.

Got it in one.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

If you somehow think that doughnuts have the same psychochemical properties as heroin, sure. 

Dunno man I've tried a lot of drugs and not many are as potent as the gingerbread Krispy Kreme ains

27 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

and dinnae forget Labour and the LibDems. All of them support Trident being based in Scottish waters.

I'm looking beyond my current needs.

I've got grandkids and I want them to grow up in a nuclear-free environment.

Getting rid of Trident and Hunterston would be a guid start.

And you'll only get that by voting for independence!

Are you a wind-up toy?

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Exactly.

The reopening of pubs and gyms would only result in the unleashing of "the Pure Gym variant" and the even more deadly "Wetherspoons variant".

Keep them shut forever IMO.

My mind drifted towards a "Greggs variant", how much of a disaster would that be......

11 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Exactly.

The reopening of pubs and gyms would only result in the unleashing of "the Pure Gym variant" and the even more deadly "Wetherspoons variant".

Keep them shut forever IMO.

But no chance of a weirdo God-bothering variant emerging from Clownshoes Leitch's gospel choir sessions. 

52 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This is the type of thing that should be discussed but isn't.

We were promised a grown up conversation and it's just not happening. Deaths with covid is very different to deaths from covid.

It's complicated but there's no complexity allowed in the way the media handles things. It's just absolute full-on fear and 'we'll have to get used to it' stuff.

Can provide links later if required. 

Screenshot_20210212-151259_Twitter.jpg

24 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

it was later admitteded by both goverments that once a day was simply a guiline and wasn't backed up by law

It's still their guidance though. People will read it and think it is law. And it completely goes against any pretence of caring about people's mental or physical health.

45 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

and dinnae forget Labour and the LibDems. All of them support Trident being based in Scottish waters.

I'm looking beyond my current needs.

I've got grandkids and I want them to grow up in a nuclear-free environment.

Getting rid of Trident and Hunterston would be a guid start.

And you'll only get that by voting for independence!

I did. And would again if that was what the next vote was for. But it isn't.

It's incredibly difficult to take you seriously though as, when you are not devoutly shovelling money into the coffers of a party who care so much about you that they delete your emails unread, you type like that.

I wrote in here before of a wonderful book by an Edinburgh GP. He's written a new long read article, bringing us up to date with the commencement of vaccinations and some of his current caseload, which I found really uplifting overall. Really enjoy reading this guy's stuff - Gavin Francis.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/11/pure-liquid-hope-what-coronavirus-covid-vaccine-means-to-a-gp-doctor?s=09

IMG_20210110_004518.jpeg

I'm not sure sitting watching sport counts as physical activity. Maybe it does.
What's painfully clear is crowds at football is abysmally far down on Scotgov's list of priorities. Given it's basically a national obsession and the activity can be done practically risk free I think it's very very poor. 
It won't matter for much longer though. Crowds will return in Eng in April/May, maybe 50% capacity eg at Wembley in Euros. Leitch will shrivel up and melt away when he realises his fantasies of keeping crowds to 200 or less would be laughed at by everyone. 
Individual FAs / Governments have no say on crowds at the Euros, that's to be a Europe wide UEFA decision (at the moment anyway early April, had been March). I really cant see anything but closed door.

Todays summary:  A fantastic 24 hours in infection news. As I predicted a couple of days ago a large decrease today down to 106.4 per 100K.  Every chance we see sub 100 for Monday.  

And in even BIGGER news Falkirk drops to 187.1 so it was all a big wind up.

Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington  2,855 cases per 100K !!!    80 Cases in some tiny area !!!

The East Coast from Highlands to Scottish Borders Now has every Council Sub 100 cases. Apologies if a tiny bit of Midlothian (101.7) is on coast ?

Scottish Borders @ 38.1 (Wow), Aberdeenshire @ 47.1 and Fife @ 49.5 joins Aberdeen 44.6  under 50 Cases per 100K

Dundee has dropped 35% in 3 days to 75.7 and the Big 3 on the east Aberdeen, Dundee & Edinburgh now account for 552 cases or only 9.5% of Scottish total.

Daily infections have now dropped for 36 days in a row since the peak on 4th January. The total drop being 64.76%. Total cases are 5,811 and the positive test rate is still at 5.6%.  

Home nations first: England  202.5 to 194.6 a 3.90% daily drop.  Wales 118.3 to 114.3 a 3.38% daily drop. Northern Ireland 165.2 to 160.7 a  2.72% daily drop.

Bit of a change in Europe among the major nations. Top hitters now Czech rep 484 who are miles ahead at the top of the charts (Discounting Little Montenegro),  then Portugal 330 Which is dropping quickly, Spain 298 dropping rapidly, then a big drop to France 200, Sweden 187.   The UK overall now at 170.6

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

Yesterdays figure 2nd Feb to 8th Feb Jan was 111.5
Todays figure for 3rdd Feb to 9th Feb is 106.4   A  huge drop of 4.57% on the day. 
Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.
Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview
Clackmannanshire  219.2 to 211.5
East Ayrshire 156.5 to 191.8   Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington  2,855 cases per 100K.  
Falkirk  221.9 to 187.1   Down over 15% 
West Dunbartonshire 172.0 to 184.4  Another bad day vaults them to 3rd place
North Lanarkshire  174.9 to 164.9  
Stirling  163.5 to 161.3  
Glasgow City 157.8 to 153.5
South Lanarkshire  148.8 to 148.8   
Renfrewshire  141.3 to 142.4
North Ayrshire 129.9 to 132.1  
East Renfrewshire 136.1 to 124.6  Excellent day near 10% drop
East Dunbartonshire 109.5 to 109.5
Western Isles   101.0 to 108.5 
West Lothian  121.8 to 107.0  Good day to recover recent losses
Midlothian 108.2 to 101.7  
South Ayrshire  109.2 to 101.2
Inverclyde  99.0 to 100.3
Argyll & Bute  107.1 to 97.8
Angus 105.9 to 95.5  Huge 25% drop in 2 days.
Dumfries & Galloway 88.7 to 94.7 
East Lothian  99.0 to 85.9 Great 13% drop on the day.
Dundee City 87.1 to 75.7   Unbelievable 35% drop in 3 days.
Moray  77.2 to 68.9
City Of Edinburgh 68.6 to 64.2
Highlands 60.6 to 61.5 
Perth & Kinross   68.4 to 60.5
Fife   57.6  to 49.5   Great day and Sub 50
Aberdeenshire  56.7 to 47.1
Aberdeen City 49.9 to 44.6   
Scottish  Borders  51.9 to 38.1  Just Wow
Orkney Island  4.5 to 9.0 
Shetland Islands  8.7 to 8.7

You should do a wee podcast / youtube slot with this. An "alternative" daily briefing. It's astonishing that on a day with figures as encouraging the bold Jason stood there and was more pessimistic than ever. The guy really is a total mood hoover. It's pretty obvious he dredged up the one negative stat he could on ICU admissions to try to indicate things were not going as quickly in the right direction as they hoped. Of course the fact we are days from the next review is just a mere coincidence !

Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington  2,855 cases per 100K !!!    80 Cases in some tiny area !!!

Is this down to that wonderful company SERCO and a prison ?
There had been 40 cases in Bowhouse Prison a few days ago. Two wings have an outbreak.
Not heard any other figures mentioned since then. However you'd guess that's where the surge came from.

Individual FAs / Governments have no say on crowds at the Euros, that's to be a Europe wide UEFA decision (at the moment anyway early April, had been March). I really cant see anything but closed door.

It’s going to seem ridiculous when we get to June and there’s hardly anyone in hospital and no one dying and no one is allowed to attend these games.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, bairn88 said:
What's painfully clear is crowds at football is abysmally far down on Scotgov's list of priorities. Given it's basically a national obsession and the activity can be done practically risk free I think it's very very poor. 
It won't matter for much longer though. Crowds will return in Eng in April/May, maybe 50% capacity eg at Wembley in Euros. Leitch will shrivel up and melt away when he realises his fantasies of keeping crowds to 200 or less would be laughed at by everyone. 

Of course individual governments have a say, ffs. If UEFA say we're allowing crowds in, governments can absolutely say no. If UEFA decide closed door, then that's up to them.

4 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

There had been 40 cases in Bowhouse Prison a few days ago. Two wings have an outbreak.
Not heard any other figures mentioned since then. However you'd guess that's where the surge came from.

Bird Flue as well ?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/scotland/second-outbreak-of-bird-flu-in-scotland/

Edited by superbigal

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Think UEFA have specifically said it'll be up to individual govs on whether crowds are allowed in or not. Rightly so. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9116309/UEFA-run-lopsided-Euros-games-played-closed-doors-fans.html