Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

With the deadlier strain the numbers have dropped quicker than March despite more people out and about.

Its basically schools causing most of it isn’t it?

Nail bars and pubs being open after 7pm IMO

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
22 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
Congratulations. You have also won a prize in Pozbaird’s Friday night FFS OK it’s a requirement competition. TWO packets of Greenock Morton branded face masks, and a ‘Fcuk Off Leitch’ T Shirt. emoji3.png

Did you get them shopping with your wife?

Yeah. At shops back in the summer or whenever it was, when it wasn’t a problem. Recently, as shops upped their restrictions, we go alone. Thanks for asking though.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

images%20(17).jpeg

Bitch. I’m just a bitch. A fed-up bitch who would like to be able to venture out of my local authority area and get some sort of life back. When you consider my local authority area is North Lanarkshire, then you’ll understand why I am feeling a tad stressed at present. 😀

Even Sunak saying tonight it's too early to start easing and he too is doubling down on the don't book a holiday message. Also talk again of more sweeping furlough extensions.

Can’t be right, ‘the guys’ on here were hero-worshipping him a week ago because the Telegraph said he wanted restrictions gone ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

God exists ya c**ts, this one has the direct line - the Holy Bat Phone.

Don't mess with Sister Andre.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210211-french-nun-europe-s-oldest-person-turns-117-after-surviving-covid

French nun, Europe's oldest person, turns 117 after surviving Covid

Europe's oldest person, French nun Sister Andre, turns 117 on Thursday after surviving Covid-19 last month and living through two world wars, with a special birthday feast including her favourite dessert -- Baked Alaska.

Born Lucile Randon on February 11, 1904, Sister Andre said she didn't realise she had caught the coronavirus, which infected 81 residents of her retirement home in the southeast city of Toulon, killing 10 of them.

"I'm told that I got it," the nun told AFP ahead of her birthday. "I was very tired, it's true, but I didn't realise it."

But David Tavella, spokesman for the Sainte-Catherine-Laboure nursing home, said she had "experienced a triple confinement: in her wheelchair, in her room and without a visit".

"So her birthday, it reinvigorates us," he added, following the deadly outbreak.

Wid

12 minutes ago, Snafu said:

God exists ya c**ts, this one has the direct line - the Holy Bat Phone.

Don't mess with Sister Andre.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210211-french-nun-europe-s-oldest-person-turns-117-after-surviving-covid

French nun, Europe's oldest person, turns 117 after surviving Covid

Europe's oldest person, French nun Sister Andre, turns 117 on Thursday after surviving Covid-19 last month and living through two world wars, with a special birthday feast including her favourite dessert -- Baked Alaska.

Born Lucile Randon on February 11, 1904, Sister Andre said she didn't realise she had caught the coronavirus, which infected 81 residents of her retirement home in the southeast city of Toulon, killing 10 of them.

"I'm told that I got it," the nun told AFP ahead of her birthday. "I was very tired, it's true, but I didn't realise it."

But David Tavella, spokesman for the Sainte-Catherine-Laboure nursing home, said she had "experienced a triple confinement: in her wheelchair, in her room and without a visit".

"So her birthday, it reinvigorates us," he added, following the deadly outbreak.

Jasper Carrott is older than I thought

28 minutes ago, Paco said:

Can’t be right, ‘the guys’ on here were hero-worshipping him a week ago because the Telegraph said he wanted restrictions gone ASAP.

Are ‘the guys’ the same as ‘the main players’?

47 minutes ago, Paco said:

That was only a leak though. Might have been anyone. 🤔 

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Is “twice daily hell” over egging the pudding a bit? Where’s he commuting to, Idlib?

I'd take the commute if it meant living a normal life, put it that way.

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Is “twice daily hell” over egging the pudding a bit? Where’s he commuting to, Idlib?

I've said it before but 80% of the British public genuinely believe their own life is the most incredibly challenging tribulation any human could possibly go through, and no one has an appreciation for just how hard they have it.

I quite liked commuting tbh - 20 minutes door to door with the headphones in, serving as a good bit of separation between the workplace and home, giving me a bit of a chance to wake up before I had to interact with anyone in a professional sense.

Not everyone will agree with that of course.

I've said it before but 80% of the British public genuinely believe their own life is the most incredibly challenging tribulation any human could possibly go through, and no one has an appreciation for just how hard they have it.
I quite liked commuting tbh - 20 minutes door to door with the headphones in, serving as a good bit of separation between the workplace and home, giving me a bit of a chance to wake up before I had to interact with anyone in a professional sense.
Not everyone will agree with that of course.
Yeah I concur. Working from home is great in theory but I miss the social aspect of working in a team and I miss the proper separation of work and home, especially after a shite day, crap appeal, difficult case etc. Switching off the laptop and wandering into a different room isn't quite the same.