Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m confused, I assumed you were agreeing with the statement but then you’ve red dotted the post, do you agree with the 76%? 

I think he red dots my posts regardless of content. There was one last week that he un-redded after he was pulled up about it in the NFL Forum.

Needless to say, I couldn't give a single rat's ass.

There had been 40 cases in Bowhouse Prison a few days ago. Two wings have an outbreak.
Not heard any other figures mentioned since then. However you'd guess that's where the surge came from.
Prisons down here (certainly the one I work at) have an effect on a wider area as well, due to staff traveling to work. My case, for instance, is included in the numbers for a LA thirty plus miles and three authority borders away from the nick where I most likely contracted it. That's me,a hundred and eighty plus other staff, and forty plus cons. I'd guess that a majority of staff don't live in the LA area as the prison is situated.
In more positive news, ministers are evaluating whether Prison Staff should be prioritised for vaccination.
*sounds of stable door slamming, hooves galloping over horizon*

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If I’ve got this wrong then apologies, but my understanding is that the entire package of restrictions we have endured for nearly one year now - lockdowns, wash your hands, cover your face, work from home, 2m distance, the works, everything - was designed to ensure the NHS would not be driven to collapse through the sheer number of Covid cases. If the NHS collapsed, this would result in people dying from Covid, who need not have died from it. Have I got this right? It was not to try and eradicate Covid, it was to protect the NHS, and stop un-necessary excess death. It wasn’t to get cases to zero and give New Zealand a run for their money.

Another thing I think I’ve picked up over the last eleven months is that the way out of this was a vaccine. We have a vaccine. It is being rolled out as fast as possible. As more and more people are vaccinated - running alongside this, get the restrictions to fcuk. Everything. 

Anyone who thinks we should have restrictions in September or into 2022 just to be sure. Fine, stay indoors, keep wearing a mask, don’t see your family, don’t buy a concert ticket, don’t go to a football match, don’t go to a barber. Keep washing your hands and carry on just as you are right now. For as long as you fcuking like. No-one will force you to go out on the lash, hug your mates, pile into a fitba’ match and go for a curry at the weekend.

Washing hands isn't a restriction.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m confused, I assumed you were agreeing with the statement but then you’ve red dotted the post, do you agree with the 76%? 

I disagree with the 76%.

I am a huge fan of Strictly Come Dancing, X-Factor and Dancing On Ice and took offence at the stupid comment.

Edited by 8MileBU

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As is consistently pointed out - how do you prove you've had the vaccine?

They told me today that a letter would be sent to my GP to tell them i'd had my first dose.

As all my details were recorded on a tablet, there will be electronic records too no doubt, that can be produced (with sufficient notice) if required.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Except it's illegal for any uk citizen to travel to any of those countries for non essential purposes so their entry rules remain irrelevant

Even Sunak saying tonight it's too early to start easing and he too is doubling down on the don't book a holiday message. Also talk again of more sweeping furlough extensions.

They told me today that a letter would be sent to my GP to tell them i'd had my first dose.
As all my details were recorded on a tablet, there will be electronic records too no doubt, that can be produced (with sufficient notice) if required.

I just think there needs to be a better way to deal with it instead of putting the onus back on GPs.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I just think there needs to be a better way to deal with it instead of putting the onus back on GPs.

Away you go!  I want my doctor’s practice to be inundated with requests for proof of vaccinations.  Some of them are only working seven day weeks the lazy bàstards.