Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Hospital Covid numbers continue to fall
1449 in hospital from 1472 yesterday.
ICU 110 from 115 yesterday. 
33 long stay patients in ICU (30 yesterday). Long stay is more than 28 days in ICU.

That’s great to see. I know it isn’t a meaningful number, but I can’t wait for the ICU number to drop before 100.

On 12/02/2021 at 14:35, Left Back said:

Is Trident all you ever think about?

you need to get out more.

How the fcuk can I get out more when we're in the middle of a pandemic?

Do you never think of Trident and the harm it could possibly do to your family?

Are you quite content for Trident to be based in Scottish waters.

Remember none of us were asked if we wanted it at Faslane but we've got it.

That's British democracy for you.

23 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Got it in one.

Dunno man I've tried a lot of drugs and not many are as potent as the gingerbread Krispy Kreme ains

Are you a wind-up toy?

Whit's your beef?

23 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I did. And would again if that was what the next vote was for. But it isn't.

It's incredibly difficult to take you seriously though as, when you are not devoutly shovelling money into the coffers of a party who care so much about you that they delete your emails unread, you type like that.

pot and kettle springs tae mind

Whit?

Edited by Wee Willie

22 hours ago, superbigal said:

Todays summary:   In total Dundee & Aberdeen have a grand total of 184 cases.   Dundee has more than halved in 4 days.

Prisoner Cell Block H(ell), Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington  Screws & Lags now 5,424 cases per 100K !!!   152 cases. Nearly as many as 2 cities !!!!!!!

I predict that Prisons will stay in Lockdown 😇

Check the great progress in East Renfrewshire & East Dunbartonshire now both close to 100 threshold.

Daily infections have now dropped for 37 days in a row since the peak on 4th January. The total drop being 65.12%. Total cases are 5,754 and the positive test rate is still at 5.6%.  

Home nations first: England  194.6 to 188.3 a 3.24% daily drop.  Wales 114.3 to 108.9 a 4.72% daily drop. Northern Ireland 160.7 to 154.4 a  3.92% daily drop.

Bit of a change in Europe among the major nations. Top hitters now Czech rep 484 who are miles ahead at the top of the charts (Discounting Little Montenegro),  then Portugal 330 Which is dropping quickly, Spain 298 dropping rapidly, then a big drop to France 200, Sweden 187.   The UK overall now at 170.6

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

Yesterdays figure 3rd Feb to 9th Feb Jan was 106.4

Todays figure for 4th Feb to 10th Feb is 105.3   A  huge drop of 1.03% on the day. 

Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

East Ayrshire  191.8 to 252.4   Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington  5,425 cases per 100K

Clackmannanshire   211.5 to 221.2

Falkirk  187.1 to 184.6   

West Dunbartonshire 184.4 to 178.8  

North Lanarkshire  164.9 to 163.5  

Stirling  161.3 to 159.2

South Lanarkshire  148.8 to 151.0   

Glasgow City 153.5 to 148.5

Renfrewshire  142.4 to 140.7

North Ayrshire 132.1 to 131.4

West Lothian  107.0 to 106.

Inverclyde 100.3 to 104.1

East Renfrewshire 124.6 to 103.6  Outstanding 20% drop on day.

East Dunbartonshire  109.5 to 101.3  Excellent progress

Dumfries & Galloway  94.7 to 100.1  Poor last few days.

Midlothian 101.7 to 99.5  

Western Isles  108.5 to 97.3 

South Ayrshire   101.2 to 95.9  

Argyll & Bute   97.8 to 90.8

Angus 95.5 to 82.6  Huge near 40% drop in 3 days.

East Lothian  85.9 to 79.4

Moray   68.9 to 74.1

Highlands 61.5 to 62.3

Perth & Kinross    60.5 to 61.9

City Of Edinburgh  64.2 to 61.0 

Dundee City  75.7  to 58.3  More than halved in 4 days

Fife  49.5 to 51.1 

Aberdeenshire   47.1 to 45.2

Aberdeen City 44.6 to 42.4   

Scottish  Borders  38.1 to 38.1  

Orkney Island   9.0 to 26.9 

Shetland Islands  8.7 to 8.7

On 12/02/2021 at 12:55, Aladdin said:

Whilst many people could improve their health by eating better and moving more, you can't confuse the simplicity of the solution (which itself can be hard to implement) with the complexity of the problem of how people end up obese.

Poverty, life skills, mental health issues and other medical problems can all contribute.  I doubt many people set out with a life goal of hitting the 30 stone mark.  

Equally, the body positivity campaigns, which are valuable for young people especially in teaching them you dont need to be an IG model to be considered attractive, seem to have crossed over into attempting to shut down any soft criticism of being overweight.  Whilst I dont believe shaming people into losing weight works, it surely doesnt do any good to sugar coat the consequences of obesity.

As I have said earlier in the thread, you would hope that the pandemic spurs more public health campaigns around healthy eating and exercise.  The glasgow club gyms already do a discounted membership for those on benefits  - why not make it completely free for them and their children.

Very good.

Todays summary:   In total Dundee & Aberdeen have a grand total of 184 cases.   Dundee has more than halved in 4 days.

Prisoner Cell Block H(ell), Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington  Screws & Lags now 5,424 cases per 100K !!!   152 cases. Nearly as many as 2 cities !!!!!!!

I predict that Prisons will stay in Lockdown [emoji56]

Check the great progress in East Renfrewshire & East Dunbartonshire now both close to 100 threshold.

Daily infections have now dropped for 37 days in a row since the peak on 4th January. The total drop being 65.12%. Total cases are 5,754 and the positive test rate is still at 5.6%.  

Home nations first: England  194.6 to 188.3 a 3.24% daily drop.  Wales 114.3 to 108.9 a 4.72% daily drop. Northern Ireland 160.7 to 154.4 a  3.92% daily drop.

Bit of a change in Europe among the major nations. Top hitters now Czech rep 484 who are miles ahead at the top of the charts (Discounting Little Montenegro),  then Portugal 330 Which is dropping quickly, Spain 298 dropping rapidly, then a big drop to France 200, Sweden 187.   The UK overall now at 170.6

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

Yesterdays figure 3rd Feb to 9th Feb Jan was 106.4
Todays figure for 4th Feb to 10th Feb is 105.3   A  huge drop of 1.03% on the day. 
Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.
Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview
East Ayrshire  191.8 to 252.4   Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington  5,425 cases per 100K
Clackmannanshire   211.5 to 221.2
Falkirk  187.1 to 184.6   
West Dunbartonshire 184.4 to 178.8  
North Lanarkshire  164.9 to 163.5  
Stirling  161.3 to 159.2
South Lanarkshire  148.8 to 151.0   
Glasgow City 153.5 to 148.5
 Renfrewshire  142.4 to 140.7
North Ayrshire 132.1 to 131.4
West Lothian  107.0 to 106.
Inverclyde 100.3 to 104.1
East Renfrewshire 124.6 to 103.6  Outstanding 20% drop on day.
East Dunbartonshire  109.5 to 101.3  Excellent progress
Dumfries & Galloway  94.7 to 100.1  Poor last few days.
Midlothian 101.7 to 99.5  
Western Isles  108.5 to 97.3 
South Ayrshire   101.2 to 95.9  
Argyll & Bute   97.8 to 90.8
Angus 95.5 to 82.6  Huge near 40% drop in 3 days.
East Lothian  85.9 to 79.4
Moray   68.9 to 74.1
Highlands 61.5 to 62.3
Perth & Kinross    60.5 to 61.9
City Of Edinburgh  64.2 to 61.0 
Dundee City  75.7  to 58.3  More than halved in 4 days
Fife  49.5 to 51.1 
Aberdeenshire   47.1 to 45.2
Aberdeen City 44.6 to 42.4   
Scottish  Borders  38.1 to 38.1  
Orkney Island   9.0 to 26.9 
Shetland Islands  8.7 to 8.7
What are the levels at which track and trace can be expected* to be effective at preventing increases as we ease** restrictions?

*lol

**LOL

3 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Do you never think of Trident and the harm it could possibly do to your family?

No. I'm fairly certain in the event of nuclear war Glasgow would be a target anyway.

Are you quite content for Trident to be based in Scottish waters.

Yes. It creates jobs.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Edinburgh close to breaking Leitch’s magical number 50. Lovely stuff.

Its close proximity to West Lothian will mean that it will make no difference...

Edited by Todd_is_God

43 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Hospital Covid numbers continue to fall

1449 in hospital from 1472 yesterday.

ICU 110 from 115 yesterday. 

33 long stay patients in ICU (30 yesterday). Long stay is more than 28 days in ICU.

Leitch will be raging. 

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm sorry to dig up a post from a few pages back, but this really got to me.

Losing out on a holiday doesn't bother me. I couldn't afford to go anywhere this year anyway, and I don't drink. So a pint isn't an issue. People need things to look forward to though, and at the moment it feels like there is nothing positive on the horizon.

I cannot stomach the restrictions in their current (or similar) forms continuing for a great deal longer. I've been able to visit my grandparents once inside since August. My Papa is going downhill with his memory and it's brutal having to talk to him through a window from the garden (which I technically shouldn't be doing anyway because he lives in a different local authority). My Granda lives on his own but was an active member of the bowling club and played 5s with his pals once a week - as well as using the pub to meet up with old work colleagues and so on. He hasn't been able to do that since Boxing Day and now spends six days a week on his own.

I don't have a massive social circle, but I've not seen any of my pals from football or who I went to Uni with (barring the guy who I co-comm for on SonsTV) for a year. 

My week consists of working, watching TV, going on a walk and sleeping. Every single day is the same - apart from the weekends when I'm not working, so just walk, watch TV and sleep. 

I didn't mind that at first, nor did I mind when my pay was cut for a few months, nor did I mind that I've lost out on overtime that used to make me a decent amount of extra money. But the idea of carrying on with this routine; week after week after week until at least Autumn fills me with a deep feeling of dread.

A few months ago my Granda phoned me to say he felt like he was "just existing, not living". That has stuck with me.

As soon as hospital numbers drop to more acceptable measures, restrictions should be loosened. As soon as everyone over 70 or with an underlying condition has received their second dose, restrictions should be loosened. And so on.

Apologies if your post was solely about international travel and I've just gone off on one here btw. Once I started typing I just couldn't stop!

This is exactly where my mindset and life is at currently and I’d assume for many thousands of others too. I’ve simply had enough of this fucking pish and struggling to see the justification for much of lockdown.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I wrote to John Swinney ten days ago about a particular issue COVID regulations were having on my sister’s business due to a misinterpretation by the council’s environmental health people. By the following Monday his office called me back having researched the query and found some potential solutions for us. First time I’ve ever written to a politician of any hue and I was surprised they’d got back to me that quickly.

Im glad your experience was different, ive written to Humza Yousef, Nicola Sturgeon and have never received a response. As much as I hated Swinson, she at least had the decency to reply to my correspondence when she was my MP even if it was a lot of crap she wrote. 

Im glad your experience was different, ive written to Humza Yousef, Nicola Sturgeon and have never received a response. As much as I hated Swinson, she at least had the decency to reply to my correspondence when she was my MP even if it was a lot of crap she wrote. 

Were you writing to Humza or Nicola on a constituency matter?

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I was at ALDI last night and there must have been five or six couples Pozbairding their way around like they didn't have a care in the world.

My trip to ASDA would suggest that taking as many members of your family as you can hanging around aisles and stopping to talk to everyone you recognise is the advice.  Genuinely seems to be treated like it’s a day out.

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Were you writing to Humza or Nicola on a constituency matter?

No, both are able to accept correspondence in relation to their government positions. The SNP have unfortunately for the time being refused to provide any assistance to my constituency since Derek Mckay refuses to do his job or resign meaning i have no option but to write directly to those two to express a concern or ask for assistance.