Coronavirus (COVID-19)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/flu-cases-covid-england-phe-latest-b1805124.html

Not a single case of Flu identified by Public Health England. 

I appreciate that the newspaper will have to edit quotes down etc, but I am gone at this part:

“I don’t know if it’s the social distancing or the mask wearing that’s done it [in reducing flu rates], but I think we should at least be having those conversations,” Prof Pagel added.

We'll just ignore the government shutting down the fucking economy  and banning people from visiting their family and friends then, shall we? 

Edited by Michael W

25 minutes ago, Michael W said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/flu-cases-covid-england-phe-latest-b1805124.html

Not a single case of Flu identified by Public Health England. 

I appreciate that the newspaper will have to edit quotes down etc, but I am gone at this part:

We'll just ignore the government shutting down the fucking economy  and banning people from visiting their family and friends then, shall we? 

She is a fake SAGE lunatic. Funny as f**k.

Edit: the lack of influenza observed over the past year is actually quite concerning for a lot scientists regarding a future resurgence. The same people who are terrified of Covid and make flu seem largely insignificant might get a bit if a shock.

Edited by Elixir

20 hours ago, 101 said:

I agree, it would be good to know the predicted increase on the R rate and comparable activities to communal worship, I don't think it would be particularly hard to find something that was a bit more accessible and relevant to most Scots without setting progress back, or maybe better still lump churches in with the rest of the easements.

That should be known already from the autumn opening which had strict rules in place 

Churches followed the track and trace procedures , at Kinnoull in Perth not only was it a requirement to book in no later than 6pm the day before any service up to Christmas Eve, but then a track and trace register had to be kept for 14 days after the service . People obviously had to sit socially distant in an allocated space and for some reason the Church of Scotland instead that all seat covers be removed, there was no singing and at the end of the service it followed the same rule as the football grounds with the test events in that people had to leave row by row from the back with an interval between each row to ensure no one could meet outside the church building for a chat.

I imagine on return its going to be exactly the same, the building limited to 50 people in total possibly less and all procedures followed.

I however fully agree that this return should have been scheduled at same time as other indoor pursuits of a similar setting such as the cinema. I assume they have just looked at Easter Sunday and decided to start then and I fully get the backlash by most on here to that.

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

Daily Infections per 100K in 7 days Update:  Going to continue printing the Health board Stats in case ScotGov decide to use them for new Levels. 

Falkirk are pretty much now destined for the Title. They would need to drop 20% to even get to 2nd place in the race to staying in Level 4.

The good news is we have had a further small fall in infections and have now got down to 5% positivity.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan,    Cases that day were 16,496 and test rate was 11.9%

Total cases latest 7 days are  5,777 to 5,736 , and the positive test goes from 5.1% to 5.0%  Cases per 100k goes from 105.7 to 105.0 down 0.66%

England 125.1 to 122.7 down 1.92% in last 24 hours.  Wales  83.1 to 82.0 down 1.32%  in last 24 hours , Northern Ireland 110.8 to 110.1 down 0.64% in last 24 hours.   UK Average is now  121.0 to 119.0  down 1.65%  in last 24 hours.

NHS Forth Valley 188.5 to 187.2, Lanarkshire 156.7 to 155.6, Greater Glasgow & Clyde 135.0 to 134.1, Ayrshire & Arran 125.9 to 126.4, Lothian 120.1 to 117.8,       Fife 70.7 to 68.8, Tayside 56.3 to 56.8, D&G 53.7 to 55.1, Highland 45.1 to 46.0, Western Isles 52.4 to 41.2, Grampian 38.8 to 39.8,  Borders 39.0 to 35.5, Orkney 0.0 to 0.0 & Shetlands 0.0 to 0.0

Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Falkirk  224.4 to 223.1  The undisputed champions

West Lothian 193.3 to 179.7  Down 7% Still high but prison falling away.

North Lanarkshire  181.6 to 178.4  

East Ayrshire  184.4 to 177.9

West Dunbartonshire  187.8 to 173.2  A decent 7.77% drop.

Clackmannanshire 180.4 to 163.0  Excellent near 10% daily drop  

Renfrewshire  157.5 to 149.6 A decent 5% drop

Glasgow City 140.6 to 142.0

Stirling 131.6 to 139.1   

Midlothian 140.6 to 131.9

South Lanarkshire  129.8 to 131.3 

East Renfrewshire   130.8 to 127.7

North Ayrshire  126.9 to 126.9 

LARGE GAP (But next 3 rising )

East Lothian  102.7 to 108.3

City Of Edinburgh 94.1 to 94.9  

East Dunbartonshire 80.1 to 93.9  Shocker of a day up 17%

ANOTHER LARGE GAP

Moray 74.1 to 71

South Ayrshire 61.3 to 69.3  Bad day up 13%

Fife  70.7 to 68.8

Perth & Kinross  61.2 to 59.9

Dumfries & Galloway  53.7 to 55.1

Dundee City  53.6 to 54.9

Angus52.5 to 54.2

Highlands 50.5 to 53.9  

Inverclyde  55.3 to 50.1

Western Isles  52.4 to 41.2

Aberdeenshire   35.2 to 37.1

Scottish  Borders 39.0 to 35.5

Aberdeen City  24.1 to 27.1 

Argyll & Bute  30.3 to 24.5

Orkney Island   0.0 to 0.0

Shetland Islands   0.0 to 0.0

7 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I wonder if the early-ish church reopening has anything to do with getting some religious groups vaccinated?

I remember at one of the briefings Johnson held, they said that they were working with religious leaders and other groups to get people in their communities vaccinated where there was some vaccine hesitancy. I think part of the plan was vaccinating at the place of worship. 

I would think that might be the case in some of the other faith groups in Scotland

But its clear they have picked Easter Sunday as the opening date , which will not be the group they are trying to target with that reasoning.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Anyone else thinks this look like hell on earth?

Also anyone going straight back into Wetherspoons deserves 12 months lockdown extension.

I'd be in favour of a phased return of hospitality, with Wetherspoons being the final stage some time in 2047. Everything else can open in 2021.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

I'd be in favour of a phased return of hospitality, with Wetherspoons being the final stage some time in 2047. Everything else can open in 2021.

2047 seems a bit too soon. I would also like to see the owners bank account drained and given to his staff.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The point about the date being 3 days after the Scotland game may be valid.

Its been pointed out that some of the restrictions at Easter in England with regard to holidays have been timed to be lifted the day the schools return so it looks like an early date but its actually a date no one can then use.

Posted at 14:03

Vaccine 'likely' to protect against all variants - Pfizer boss

The chief scientific officer of viral vaccines at Pfizer says it is likely the company's vaccine protects against all variants of Covid-19 seen to date.

Dr Philip Dormitzer tells the science and technology committee that in real world data from the UK and Israel "we are seeing protection against the UK variant that is equivalent to the protection we saw in controlled trials before that variant was circulating".

He says there is some "reduction in the level of neutralisation" for the South African variant in laboratory tests but says it is not as low as the level at which people were protected under lab conditions and says the data is "quite reassuring".

On the UK's decision to leave a gap between the first and second dose of the jab he says the data is only just starting to come in so there is not a robust picture.

As the manufacturer, Dormitzer says, Pfizer can only recommend using the vaccine as it is authorised but he says other groups have more latitude to make their own recommendations.

Variant mewling:

rubbish-bin-overflowing-with-of-trash-in

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Anyone else thinks this look like hell on earth?

Also anyone going straight back into Wetherspoons deserves 12 months lockdown extension.

I genuinely believe this shite is the reason why folk were so gloomy yesterday.

Boris Johnson - a man with a track record of lying to everyone, including the electorate, throughout his entire political career, has told folk this is what to expect. Or rather - sorry - has carefully cherry-picked his words to allow people to believe this is what to expect.

There's absolutely no way the reaction to Sturgeon was going to be even slightly positive unless she'd come out and announced the pubs and clubs were open this coming weekend and everyone had VIP passes.

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Why would you want to get rid of the big, open rooms that harbour all the people you don't want in the actual pubs?