Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I shower once or twice everyday and wear clean underwear. It won't be any less clean than my arm or my leg. 

The big difference between it and a tap in a pub toilet is that it's  not in regular contact with the hands of people who have just had their fingers up their arse.

So you say.

11 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

. The Raith V Falkirk game where it was being announced that the players wouldn’t be shaking hands due to the risk of passing on covid, there were still people walking out the toilets without washing their hands.

Fife, innit. 

13 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

There are too many minky folk that don’t wash their hand enough. The Raith V Falkirk game where it was being announced that the players wouldn’t be shaking hands due to the risk of passing on covid, there were still people walking out the toilets without washing their hands. I think supermarkets might stick with it, because it will be good PR.

If it forces clubs to provide hot water and soap so people can wash their hands properly that will be a good thing.  Facilities are sadly lacking at most clubs.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

There are little gems like this fellow who was spotted getting a little more excited in public than he should over winning the title.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/man-filmed-performing-sex-act-23624582

'One man appeared to be performing a sex act on himself as Ibrox could be seen in the background of one video.'

Chic Young reporting on the telly...?

The police thing was always going to touch a nerve on here. We, as football fans, are fully aware of how disgusting Rangers and Celtic fans are in a big group, and we are also used to seeing the police standing on the other side of the road looking at the pavement while it happens. To be honest though, I can understand why the police do that at games. It's an hour each side of the match, get them in, get them out and by the time they are back on the buses they are somebody else's problem.
Problem is, they applied the same logic yesterday when people had nowhere else to go and no incentive to leave. In fact, by not nipping it in the bud at the start they made it worse, they pretty much encouraged it to grow out of hand. The worst thing though, is they've shown the whole of Scotland what we as football fans have known for a long time, that if there are enough of you, you can do what you want, and the police will facilitate it.
This.

The police have turned a blind eye to the bigot brothers shenanigans for years.

Any other team and they wade in.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This.

They should have set the water cannons / machine guns on the mob at George Square, it certainly wouldn't have been any loss to society, that's for sure.

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

If it forces clubs to provide hot water and soap so people can wash their hands properly that will be a good thing.  Facilities are sadly lacking at most clubs.

The woman’s tend to be even worse!

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Water cannons, who mentioned them. Don't think we even posses such weaponry.

That said the two fat roasters in their 50s on the STV news film outside Ibrox holding smoking pyrotechnics right in front of two police were prime candidates for said cannons had they been available. Total fucking embarrassment.

I did it a few minutes ago and added in machine guns for the "extremist" effect.

24 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This.

I think we all know that stern words achieve f**k-all where the OF and their entourages are concerned.  So, by way of a public service let me suggest that SG should summon Maxwell, McLennan and Doncaster to Bute House and issue their instructions.  Which are that at the conclusion of this Premier League season they will announce that due to the extreme behavior of both Celtic and Rangers fans in the midst of a pandemic both of these clubs will start league season 2021/22 with a 20 points deduction.

Sorted.

49 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I shower once or twice everyday and wear clean underwear. It won't be any less clean than my arm or my leg. 

The big difference between it and a tap in a pub toilet is that it's  not in regular contact with the hands of people who have just had their fingers up their arse.

Unlucky 

Edited by madwullie

38 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

They should have set the water cannons / machine guns on the mob at George Square, it certainly wouldn't have been any loss to society, that's for sure.

They should have used the smoke bombs as cover and lobbed in some tear gas. Then drowned anyone that didn't leave with water cannons.

I think we all know that stern words achieve f**k-all where the OF and their entourages are concerned.  So, by way of a public service let me suggest that SG should summon Maxwell, McLennan and Doncaster to Bute House and issue their instructions.  Which are that at the conclusion of this Premier League season they will announce that due to the extreme behavior of both Celtic and Rangers fans in the midst of a pandemic both of these clubs will start league season 2021/22 with a 20 points deduction.
Sorted.
One of them would still win...unfortunately

Asian countries have been advising this for years, and it's the norm that if you have a sniffle or beginnings of a cold to wear a mask when in public. 
It could be that we become like that. I'm not sure that western society is conformist enough for that though. 
You've spelt "considerate" wrong there, mate.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Don't piss on your hands!

If you touch the door on the way out you may as well not bother washing you hands imo, I think they should keep hand santisers about the place. 

I don't think it would be unrealistic for businesses to suggest if you are that concerned about sanitising your hands regularly that you can bring your own mini bottle. Something which has been an option for years, yet I don't recall seeing anyone other than Sheldon Cooper using any.

Short term it might be good PR for businesses to act as a confidence booster, but ultimately it's a solution to a problem which really doesn't exist.

As Left Back mentioned earlier, we've survived pretty well without hand sanitiser in every single building to date. I wouldn't be surprised if hypersanitising our hands, as well as being physically bad for our skin, actually has a slight negative impact on our immune systems when used over prolonged periods, particularly in young children.

Edited by Todd_is_God