Coronavirus (COVID-19)

41 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Breaking rank with her comments about normality by mid-June.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56378637

I wonder if there will be a change in tune from academics as more evidence regarding transmission occurs. 

She must have been on an absolute mad one, but it's welcome nonetheless. Probably sensing the ever changing public mood.

I'll also still be spending a few weeks in Europe this summer regardless. greggy.png

The boy wanted an explanation, he got one. 
You're right. Particularly dense just about nails it. 
"failed"? How so, Great Swami?
Yes you did. So I did. Sorry if you can't understand. No doubt some on hwere will blame the schools. 
Another hour or so and you should break ground through Australia. Jesus.

On 12/01/2021 at 11:09, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Yep, beaten to it again. The bit in bold is what really, really boils my piss. I wouldn't use the word "tinky" myself, preferring the more inclusive term "scum". Even though I do not see it as problematic, I know how some of the chaps on here do like a wee diversity campaign..

On 12/01/2021 at 11:12, Marshmallo said:

It's literally a word rooted in a racial slur

On 12/01/2021 at 13:03, Cyclizine said:

Off topic, but it's not a diversity campaign. Tink and its derivatives are ethnic slurs, same as many others that I won't repeat, that we've now rightfully binned. The traveller community still seem to be fair game for discrimination when we're making progress everywhere else.

Growing up in the Highlands, it was a really common playground term for anyone looking scruffy or who came from a poorer family and woe betide you if your family were connected to one of the traveller clans up here too. But, it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Sorry about that, but as a bleeding heart liberal social justice warrior, just wanted to get that out there.

On 12/01/2021 at 14:22, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I understand the more recent definition of the word "tinker", but back in the day, it simply defined a travelling mender/knife grinder. Like I said, it's not a word I'd use in a defamatory way, but as I also said, there are those on here who do like a wee bit of faux outrage.

It is certainly not "rooted" in a racial slur. It has, in fact, become associated with a racial group who are perceived to share characteristics with those who followed the profession of "tinkering".

7 hours ago, deegee said:

I wonder when we can actually be trusted to enter the likes of a baker’s shop or cafe and buy a takeaway roll and coffee etc? I vaguely understand why the government wanted to limit movements and contact in January but tbh I see more risk with huddles of folk standing in groups and  usually blocking pavements! I’ve seen folk with prams and pets regularly nearly getting run down by cars and cyclists, as they sidestep a crowd waiting to be served!

Went to a coffee place today and you could go inside and order, thought was strange. No other customers were allowed in.

1 minute ago, Anthony C Pick said:
1 hour ago, virginton said:

No room in your head with Leitch and Devi living there full time.

Your alias is literally a tribute act to box office posting. I'm not sure how you're planning to get out of this cul-de-sac. 

She must have been on an absolute mad one, but it's welcome nonetheless. Probably sensing the ever changing public mood.
I'll also still be spending a few weeks in Europe this summer regardless. greggy.png&key=c93092884755c39a05ded0f2e176a19e1ead7b6cfde5144883e8b4d926aa0441
Take it you didn't actually read the article then or you would have seen this nugget......"Prof Bauld warned international travel and mass gatherings were unlikely this summer but feels the data is heading in the right direction"
Your white knighting an article telling you you will be unlikely to leave Scotland this summer. Hopefully she hasn't actually changed her tune and is talking as much negative nonsense as usual !

International Travel being allowed or not will ultimately not be up to anyone within the Scottish Government tbf.

For that we should all be thankful.

Newcastle and Manchester Airports will need new runways if NS tries to go a different route from the UK Gov on that.

32 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

If you can get past that old boy I'd quite like to get away.  I didn't learn Spanish so I could show off down the local Mexican.

And I want to take the kids on Safari Next year, I don't think Blair Drummond will cut it.

"Dos cervezas masivas y una cohiba por favor*" is a poor return from 12 months, but i'll accept it

*adjust quantities depending on size of five figure salary

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Take it you didn't actually read the article then or you would have seen this nugget......"Prof Bauld warned international travel and mass gatherings were unlikely this summer but feels the data is heading in the right direction"
Your white knighting an article telling you you will be unlikely to leave Scotland this summer. Hopefully she hasn't actually changed her tune and is talking as much negative nonsense as usual !

Yes, because what Linda Bauld says will prevent flying from Newcastle for shree weeks on the peeve in Polska. shitwine.png

That's if it actually gets to that stage, which I doubt.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Now I remember, yet another example of someone getting the wrong end of the stick, charging in on behalf of a minority* and refusing to listen to a reasoned explanation of the context. 

Pathetic. 

*A PTTGOMN, but knicker-wetters who leap to defend specific groups against perceived slurs when those allegedly abused couldn't give a f**k. Just yesterday a fellow delegate ripped into someone on our course for using the word "Jock" - not about me, but in my presence. Funny thing was, they were using the word in its US context of sports enthusiast, and I am not, and never have been, what you would call a gym bunny or fitness freak. I was far more offended by the idea that I needed defending by a wee fella who is younger than half my kids.