Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

You have to appreciate they've not had the opportunity to take 8 pills and f**k each other in a Berlin dungeon for over 12 months now while listening to songs called like "Dance to the Techno Beat". They'll be unsettled.

Stop projecting onto the Germans.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I really do get the sense that there are a group of public health experts hoping for a mega-variant that is resistant to all vaccines, that is more deadly, and so they can smugly keep the show on the road with lockdowns. 

Must be tough for some of these now-household names to know that every jab in every arm means that their days in the centre are ebbing away.

Same can be said for a few uber contributors to this thread. 

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He said something about not expecting international travel for "a while", and then the presenters pressed him on it. I thought "oh, here we go", but he then started talking about that sort of stuff in three months and more wide loosening in the autumn (I can't remember the exact details but that was what I took from it).

While this is very welcome, it has always been the reality that even with the EU's painfully slow vaccine rollout, come June/July, all metrics will be in the places everybody wants them to be. This then buys months for the vaccine rollout to continue, hopefully speeding up, and for boosters to arrive in time for autumn and winter if need be.

Some of the rhetoric and open-ended language failing to recognise this, admittedly not just from Leitch, is what is so damaging. I also hope that comments regarding 'more widespread loosening in the autumn' isn't just kicking the can down the road, as this will be the return of respiratory virus season, and with that comes the potential for beds to be shat all over again.

Nonetheless, I hope this is indeed the slow road to more pragmatism and realism as the vaccine rollout continues here and abroad, rather than constant flip-flopping about what may or may not be 'possible'.

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Do you genuinely believe this? That any poster is enjoying these wild restrictions on life so that they can, eh, post angrily about the restrictions on Pie & Bovril?

Do you genuinely believe posters find it a chore or a duty?

Anyone who posts on any thread on any forum takes some degree of pleasure from it or they wouldn't be doing it. Add to that the propensity to insult anyone who moves with words like "clownshoe" then you'll take my point.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

People truly need to be beach-pilled. I bet you a million quid that no-one gets Covid from that beach

I’ve been to the beach a few times this year and I sure as hell wasnt wearing a mask. It seems these news groups fail to grasp the fact that you’re 20-30 times less likely to catch covid outdoors as you are indoors 🙄

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Maybe I’m just being cynical but I’ve got a bad feeling that with “variants!!!/European third wave!!!/vaccine shortages!!!” our governments will shit the be and go back on the time frames for easing restrictions. Really hope I’m wrong

Despite the "European Third Wave" being caused by the exact variant the vaccine that is already in over 50% of our adults arms absolutely cigars.

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

How so? 

I can't speak for others, but I keep up with this thread because it's quite a handy way of having coronavirus news (good and bad) condensed into a digestible format that I can take in.

Trying to wade through the millions of articles that have been written in the last twelve months, what one expert thinks against another, would be a sensory overload.

In terms of contributing with my own thoughts from time to time, I think it's quite a healthy way to release frustrations one may have with the current state of affairs.

That's what leads to the "ha ha i cant wait for the heads gone!!" posts when Sturgeon is set to make another non-committal announcement that reminds us we're lucky to be able to sit in the park for more than half an hour.

Speaking personally, there's only so many times I can message my pals and invite them to skewer what some SAGE c**t has said. People are rightly sick of coronavirus being the dominant topic of conversation with their mates, this thread is quite a handy way of avoiding a real life burnout from Covid discussion.

ETA: Simply put, as MixuFruit (RIP) and his Audit confirmed, I used to use this site almost entirely to discuss Scottish football.

Nobody would be happier than me for that to return. The second this is done I can kiss GN goodbye and go back to winding up Saintees.

Edited by HibsFan

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Despite the "European Third Wave" being caused by the exact variant the vaccine that is already in over 50% of our adults arms absolutely cigars.

Exactly. Try telling that to the media though, oh and BJ who was handwringing about it on the news last night saying it will make it’s way here 🙄😑

13 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I can't speak for others, but I keep up with this thread because it's quite a handy way of having coronavirus news (good and bad) condensed into a digestible format that I can take in.

Trying to wade through the millions of articles that have been written in the last twelve months, what one expert thinks against another, would be a sensory overload.

In terms of contributing with my own thoughts from time to time, I think it's quite a healthy way to release frustrations one may have with the current state of affairs.

That's what leads to the "ha ha i cant wait for the heads gone!!" posts when Sturgeon is set to make another non-committal announcement that reminds us we're lucky to be able to sit in the park for more than half an hour.

Speaking personally, there's only so many times I can message my pals and invite them to skewer what some SAGE c**t has said. People are rightly sick of coronavirus being the dominant topic of conversation with their mates, this thread is quite a handy way of avoiding a real life burnout from Covid discussion.

ETA: Simply put, as MixuFruit (RIP) and his Audit confirmed, I used to use this site almost entirely to discuss Scottish football.

Nobody would be happier than me for that to return. The second this is done I can kiss GN goodbye and go back to winding up Saintees.

Absolutely agree and get where you're coming form. Everything you've said points to a desire to read and engage. That was my point. If you didn't want to or didn't find it beneficial you wouldn't do it.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Absolutely agree and get where you're coming form. Everything you've said points to a desire to read and engage. That was my point. If you didn't want to or didn't find it beneficial you wouldn't do it.

Okay, yeah that's fair, crossed wires on my end.