Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Simp lol

Tell us again how poor Boris just wants the best for are great nation but those nasty advisors keep leading him astray with their misleading advice. 

😁

What point are you making here?

39 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

12,000 outdoors in the summer in two months time at a stadium built for 50,000+ is shite.

What I’d like the powers to be to explain to me is why it’s ok for the world snooker final in May to have a capacity crowd indoors, whereas an outdoor event at hampden is limited to 25% when all evidence uncontested is that outdoor transmission is negligible. The crucible is not hugely spacious and will have them rammed like sardines with no distancing whatsoever. 

Is PATG a thing still. Clearly been in the seaside leagues way too long. I haven't been able to pay cash at a turnstile to get into a game in Scotland in god knows how long.
I've noticed more clubs having a shite system of having to buy a ticket from the office to then scan on the turnstiles as opposed to just paying at the turnstile.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

What I’d like the powers to be to explain to me is why it’s ok for the world snooker final in May to have a capacity crowd indoors, whereas an outdoor event at hampden is limited to 25% when all evidence uncontested is that outdoor transmission is negligible. The crucible is not hugely spacious and will have them rammed like sardines with no distancing whatsoever. 

They'll tell you it's because they will need a negative LFT.

Then later say in response to a different question that LFT tests aren't a route back to normal because "even if negative you might still have it"

🤷🏻‍♂️

Isn't that via mass on the day LF testing ? Not sure how practical that is in venues with a capacity over 1000 never mind 50,000 unless of course we had some form of digital app style system.....

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Probably very similar reasons that a game of fives in England can be played in March, but you need to wait 7 (SEVEN) weeks later to play a game in Scotland.

The Scottish government's approach to health, fitness and sport is an absolute disgrace.

I've noticed more clubs having a shite system of having to buy a ticket from the office to then scan on the turnstiles as opposed to just paying at the turnstile.
No PATG since Saints moved into the current stadium, long long time regardless of division. Fully electronic turnstiles.

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

You'd hope that that would also apply to the start of the domestic season in July as an absolute minimum. Not that I think that that's necessarily right, but given the over-cautious attitude of the SG  it may be realistic.  Off the top of my head, 25% capacity in grounds probably wouldn't affect that many clubs outside the Premiership significantly.  Still shite though.  

Falkirk fans will likely take issue with this.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Isn't that via mass on the day LF testing ? Not sure how practical that is in venues with a capacity over 1000 never mind 50,000 unless of course we had some form of digital app style system.....

Another example of a contradiction of rules for some inexplicable reason.

If twice weekly LFTs are going to be offered to everyone, and a negative LFT result is enough to go to the snooker, then a negative LFT result should be enough to get Hampden full.

I really wish our journalists would challenge our decision makers on these discrepancies rather than act like we should be grateful for the bones we are being thrown.

Make them justify their decisions.

Another example of a contradiction of rules for some inexplicable reason.
If twice weekly LFTs are going to be offered to everyone, and a negative LFT result is enough to go to the snooker, then a negative LFT result should be enough to get Hampden full.
I really wish our journalists would challenge our decision makers on these discrepancies rather than act like we should be grateful for the bones we are being thrown.
Make them justify their decisions.

I hear you, but the answers given would just be nonsense about ‘headroom’ and priorities.

We’re heading towards the same with travel. Everyone please use our free marvellous LFTs to let us get back to normal, and you’ll need tested for international travel... just not with those tests.

Just now, Paco said:

I hear you, but the answers given would just be nonsense about ‘headroom’ and priorities.

We’re heading towards the same with travel. Everyone please use our free marvellous LFTs to let us get back to normal, and you’ll need tested for international travel... just not with those tests.

No doubt, but make them lessen their credibility by having it on record if that's the shite they want to come out with.

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No, but only one is in governement. Maybe I should have said Scotgov instead but it makes no difference. The SNP soapbox on football and alcohol sickens me. Pure naked snobbery. Something that I find really offputting for them despite my support for them over the years. 

And make no mistake, this ultra-sanitised experience the "lucky" few thousand will get at Hampden this summer is their absolute dream for what a football crowd should look like.

Everyone sedated, sat down, none of those boisterous young teams and their drunken antics - heaven forbid. Maybe the occasional “come on Scotland!” if we’re lucky.

9 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

And make no mistake, this ultra-sanitised experience the "lucky" few thousand will get at Hampden this summer is their absolute dream for what a football crowd should look like.

Everyone sedated, sat down, none of those boisterous young teams and their drunken antics - heaven forbid. Maybe the occasional “come on Scotland!” if we’re lucky.

You haven't taken into account the UEFA element, which means they want to make sure the can accommodate all their corporate and "UEFA family" punters. The normal fan will be lucky to get into Hampden.

makes it a bit more surreal seeing all this about clotting in the news and my partner literally had (and still has) blood clotting in and around her lungs after the jag, went to A&E for short breath and pain in her left side the other week. she's having to go through chemo too though and it says online on a decent enough source that clotting can be an ordinary side effect to chemo so not necessarily a reasonable side effect if you're in ordinary health but yeah. I mean not everyone is in the same risk categories but she is kind of peeved that they've given her that jag and it looks like it's contributed to her having to take another trip to A&E. Her gran got the Pfizer one and has been fine, too, so that doesnt help.

Pulmonary embolism is just one of those things i've kind of heard of in passing and sticks with me, it just sounds like its nasty apart from anything else, seeing it on the discharge papers she showed us was grim...

She's recovering well enough anyway tbf, but she has to inject her own stomach (blood thinner i think) for the next 3 months which isn't fun and games on top of everything else. Still has a bit of difficulty getting into a comfortable sleeping position too bless her.