Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

No. Once the proposals are actually finalised, they can only go down. At least that was the original plan anyway.

I thought Radio Scotland said the opposite but I was driving rather than taking any real interest. 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Agree with you here.

Lots of people are looking too far into the distance, conjuring up whatever scenario their "gut feeling" is telling them and making that fantasy something which is "obviously going to happen". Then they come on here and rant for page after page about a scenario which doesn't actually exist outside their own heads - see @Detournement and @Bairnardo for 2 great examples of how to lose the fucking plot. The SNP supporting the Tories on vaccine passports is a great example.

People need to calm down a bit before some end up having a full on breakdown.

Let's see what happens FFS and THEN blow our fuses if and when situations arise.

2 months out, the SG are talking about 10k to 12k or whatever, at Hampden. Let's see if that rises nearer the time before we start raging about the unfairness of it all. There's plenty of time to change.

I thought someone said the number can't actually rise tbh. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

10 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Terrifying

6433A3C6-189C-4186-9000-53A95756E953.jpeg

I do agree about the variant chat, but I'm not sure this works particularly well as an analysis. The UK variant is running rampage around the globe and didn't seem to have anywhere near the same deadly effect here. 

10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Whether you were or not actually doesn't matter tbf, as it's not likely that the media etc would cover all the bases if they wanted to go down that route.

They'd more than likely use the lazy, contextless "Costa del Sol or Costa Life?" type headlines designed to sell papers.

Right but its not the papers that are developing the discussion in this thread about DVTs tho. 

The slide that JVT put up yesterday shows plain as day why they've recommended under 30s don't get the AZ jag. It also shows how vastly unlikely it is for a low risk under 30 to find themselves in icu. That's what the discussion should be around, but instead we have countless posts insisting the AZ vaccine is low risk (which it is of course) and therefore its scaremongering, but the data shows it's not quite as low risk as an under 30 with no pre-existing conditions ending up in icu. 

As an under 30 with no PEC, you are more likely to suffer a serious harm from the vaccine (presumably that is more than just blood clots but these are the tipping point) than you are to catch covid and need admission to icu. That seems a pretty sensible methodology to use to determine whether or not under 30s should have that particular vax. 

Edit: just realised I'm reading "low exposure risk" as PEC but I'm not sure that's actually what it means. 

Screenshot_20210407-173246_Chrome.jpg

Edited by madwullie

12 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Fair play to those willing to risk a blood clot for a suntan and to cut some shapes in Benidorm.

Fair play to those willing to risk being hit by a car to go to the shops for a pint of milk.

More on the “herd immunity by Monday” report. Apparently the geezer who made the prediction is on Independent SAGE and predicted 30 odd deaths in the second wave. 🤷‍♂️ 

That's my son onto his third (fourth in total) isolation period in the last six weeks or so. Twice at school, and now from his Easter football camp.

On each occasion he's been tested and each occasion he's been negative, but still has to sit in the house for 10 days. He's missed a fair chunk of school because of this, and now will have to miss out on the football camp. And as far as I can tell, for no real good reason.

I can't understand the logic behind telling people who've been identified as close contacts to take tests, and then ignore outcome regardless.

9 hours ago, Left Back said:

Another article I can’t see but even if it was slightly below 3.9 to get you to the required immunity of 73.4% quoted in the article the big factor here is the 19% of people that can’t be vaccinated.

14% of that 19% having immunity as claimed by REACT doesn’t alter the fact it would still require over 90% of over 16’s to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity.

The major flaw in all of this, of course, is the assumption that 100% of the population were susceptible in the first place.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just had an email from HR to advise us we won't be returning full time to office till 2022. And even then, blended working will be available. 

It's a medium sized company with 1,500 employees and 15 offices in Uk. Glasgow normally has 140 staff but only 8 or 9 there at moment. Going to up to 25% capacity from June working up to 50% by Sept. Social distancing to remain on place till Gov guidance changes. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I thought someone said the number can't actually rise tbh. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

This would make sense.  More people than are allowed in have bought tickets.  Something will have to be done to determine which ticket holders are actually allowed to see which games.  This all takes time so there has to be a line in the sand somewhere.

I thought Radio Scotland said the opposite but I was driving rather than taking any real interest. 
I'm sure it was Chris McLaughlin that said this either on the radio or TV at some point.

Here's hoping.

13 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Numbers can be revised up but can't be revised down. Seems a bit inflexible but understand it to a point.

UEFA will want a guaranteed income from the match. I would imagine numbers probably could be revised down as long as the SFA or government compensates UEFA for the difference.

Among all the chat about Euro crowds, report on BBC Breakfast this morning that the final of the World Snooker at the Crucible in just over 3 weeks time is to be played in front of a full house with no social distancing.

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Our owner said today at our AGM  that he expects fans back in Easter Road by August with some capacity. 

But as we Devi says we just don't know. 

Lots of Scottish football club owners made similar claims about fans being back by January 2020.