Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

Surely they have set the precedent of at least 25% of capacity by mid-June with what's happening at Hampden.

There's also no reference to a stadiums capacity in there, for example 2,000 folk at Forthbank is markedly different to 2,000 at Easter Road. I'd expect there to be further, separate crowd rules for sports stadiums come July.

Also, 1000 outdoors but 2000 seated. So you could have 2000 seated at the Rock (capacity) but only 1000 at a festival?

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This account seems dodgy to me, did the FM say this?

It's clearly anti-independence, though I follow it because it rounds up most of the main Rona developments quite nicely.

Still absolutely baffled by that shit BJ came out with earlier. Honestly cant decide if hes laying the "fear" for another lockdown in the Autumn. Either way the clown has absolutely no leg to stand on if he starts talking about vaccine passports again when he himself is downplaying the effectiveness of the vaccines. 

14 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

My personal favourite from today was a member of the vaccine and immunisation committee talking about potentially 30 to 50 thousand deaths in the third wave. 

An additional factor I'm genuinely not sure they factor in is that, when they talk about the people who will be unlucky and the vaccine 'won't work' for them, along with those who won't or can't get it, is that not every single one of these people are going to get seriously ill, need hospital treatment, and/or die, if they catch the virus. It will surely only be a fraction of a fraction of people who this will apply to if we have 90%+ coverage of the adult population, which will eventually be rolled out to children, along with crossover immunity from recovered natural infection. It is forgotten among the figures, I think, that even the vast majority of old and vulnerable people recover if they contract it.

I just can't see from this point onwards, including next winter, how it would be possible for the health service to be under any more strain than it would in a pre-pandemic bad influenza season.

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Still absolutely baffled by that shit BJ came out with earlier. Honestly cant decide if hes laying the "fear" for another lockdown in the Autumn. Either way the clown has absolutely no leg to stand on if he starts talking about vaccine passports again when he himself is downplaying the effectiveness of the vaccines. 

There is no appetite for vaccine passports the now. To me it looks like another winter lockdown is on the cards and the digital ID will be proposed as the way to avoid another one. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

There is no appetite for vaccine passports the now. To me it looks like another winter lockdown is on the cards and the digital ID will be proposed as the way to avoid another one. 

Lockdowns and vaccine passports should both be binned. Neither thing is needed when about 99% of the most vulnerable people have been vaccinated and will have mild symptoms (if any) 

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I just can't see from this point onwards, including next winter, how it would be possible for the health service to be under any more strain than it would in a pre-pandemic bad influenza season.

If there is loads of asymptomatic transmission in the community then a large number of people will test positive on entering hospital for other conditions or catch it in a hospital/care home then kick the bucket within 28 days. 

Edited by Detournement

The folks celebrating the 25% pish are the same types who think we should have lockdown forever just because. 
There is absolutely no reason that you can have 200 people in a function hall for a wedding with zero ventilation etc and tell us that we can’t have normal attendances at football. 
There has to come a point where we all get together as football fans and challenge their scaremongering shite. 
Not sure people are "celebrating" 25% but given not so long ago it was looking closed doors was a real possibility then having 12,000 inside Hampden is a relief. Most nations have agreed 25% capacities for the Euros.

Assuming it goes well, it should also help getting bigger percentage of crowds back to football next season.

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Not sure people are "celebrating" 25% but given not so long ago it was looking closed doors was a real possibility then having 12,000 inside Hampden is a relief. Most nations have agreed 25% capacities for the Euros.

Assuming it goes well, it should also help getting bigger percentage of crowds back to football next season.

No people were acting as if the government had done them a big favour. I mean i couldnt care less about the national team or the euros, personally think uefa asking for unpaid volunteers given the income they have should see them told to f**k off. But ultimately I do have an issue with unnecessary government controls and thats exactly what the 25% figure is, wholly unnecessary. 

No people were acting as if the government had done them a big favour. I mean i couldnt care less about the national team or the euros, personally think uefa asking for unpaid volunteers given the income they have should see them told to f**k off. But ultimately I do have an issue with unnecessary government controls and thats exactly what the 25% figure is, wholly unnecessary. 

I explained why 25% is a good result IMO and consistent with most Euro host nations inc England, for the group stages. Dublin and Bilbao won't guarantee any percentage at all and will likely lose hosting rights as a result.

I don't think you can call the restriction on capacity unnecessary given we've had closed doors for over a year, you can't realistically expect them to throw the doors open.

10 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I explained why 25% is a good result and consistent with most Euro host nations inc England, for the group stages. Dublin and Bilbao won't guarantee any percentage at all and will likely lose hosting rights as a result.

I don't think you can call the restriction on capacity unnecessary given we've had closed doors for over a year, you can't realistically expect them to throw the doors open.

Only if you ignore the fact we will have vaccinated almost 100% of our adult population by then - using vaccines which all the evidence points to being highly effective.

Most Euro host cities will not be anywhere near this level come June, therefore using what capacity level they are comfortable with allowing as a benchmark is flawed.

It shouldn't be seen as "throwing the doors open" either, because we should already be seeing considerable numbers of fans at games.

There is a bizarre reluctance to be seen to do anything over and above what is happening elsewhere, despite the incredible uptake of a significant vaccine programme. An almost denial of the vaccine's existance.

People should feel underwhelmed, and that feeling is valid.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I explained why 25% is a good result IMO and consistent with most Euro host nations inc England, for the group stages. Dublin and Bilbao won't guarantee any percentage at all and will likely lose hosting rights as a result.

With the most vulnerable now vaccinated, there should be fans in stadiums now building up to full stadiums in the very near future.

Only if you ignore the fact we will have vaccinated almost 100% of our adult population by then - using vaccines which all the evidence points to being highly effective.
Most Euro host cities will not be anywhere near this level come June, therefore using what capacity level they are comfortable with allowing as a benchmark is flawed.
It shouldn't be seen as "throwing the doors open" either, because we should already be seeing considerable numbers of fans at games.
There is a bizarre reluctance to be seen to do anything over and above what is happening elsewhere, despite the incredible uptake of a significant vaccine programme.
People should feel underwhelmed, and that feeling is valid.

I find it bizarre that people think the SG would go from zero to full houses. Albion Rovers v Cowdenbeath tonight was closed door, and no we shouldn't already be seeing considerable amounts of fans at football at the moment either.

With the most vulnerable now vaccinated, there should be fans in stadiums now building up to full stadiums in the very near future.
It would be good to see SPFL clubs allowed to bring in limited test crowds to prepare for next season, but we both know that isn't happening.