Coronavirus (COVID-19)

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was thinking that. Why would the right wing BBC report on a rally that most of their employees probably attended.

FTFY.

On another point, I'm becoming a big fan of the complaint that we'd have given our games back to UEFA if we hadn't qualified. It's a true sign of things getting better when folk have to complain about shit that never happened.

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There was a freedom march in London earlier, opposing lockdown and vaccine passports. Thousand of people there yet there was no mention of it on the BBC news website. They were quick enough to have reports on those protesting the ESL, quick enough to show "covidiots" on beaches. Why not show people protesting these draconian measures? Oh that's right it doesnt fit the narrative 

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Usually because these types of protests are thinly disguised far right rallies.

Full on Q-Anon travellers were there. Decent thread documenting some of the people there.

4 hours ago, philpy said:

My wife had her first dose over a month ago, and has a couple of underlying health problems. I'm considering going down the "unpaid carer" route in order to get my first dose, but kind of feel a wee bit cheeky, like I'm jumping the queue. Should I just go for it???

If you're not fast, you're last.

On 23/04/2021 at 15:54, Michael W said:

It's always Liverpool as well that these brain donors seem to come from. 

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Full on Q-Anon travellers were there. Decent thread documenting some of the people there.

Yep. 

25 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Some of the attendees at the March were wearing the Yellow Star of David with ‘No COVID’ written on it.  The utter self absorption of it is breathtaking. 

The photos I've seen showed the word Certificates under the No COVID statement.

Bizarre behaviour whichever.

FB_IMG_1619347679285.jpg

22 hours ago, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:  No Scottish update today. Computer is fuckeed. Says they are working to resolve all issues for tomorrow. Clearly this means they are not as it is sunny and Sunday. 

Good news in Europe many decent drops now starting to appear. Clear exceptions in Cyprus & Turkey, so do not see any holidays there imminently. 

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  24.8 to 24.8 up 0.00%, England 24.5 to 24.5 up 0.00%,  Wales  14.9 to 13.8 down 7.38%, Northern Ireland 41.1 to 42.5 up 3.41% 

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 413 to 383,  Croatia 373 to 378,  Netherlands 307 to 331, France 341 to 330,  all destinations over 250 cases per 100K

Special mention for Turkey as a popular destination at 498, Cyprus even worse at 641 !!

Headline figures are largely pointless on a Sunday as there is no hospital info but here they are anyways...

• 176 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 16,434 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 1.3% of these were positive
  • 1 new reported death of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

Headline figures are largely pointless on a Sunday as there is no hospital info but here they are anyways...

• 176 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 16,434 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 1.3% of these were positive
  • 1 new reported death of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)

Given maybe a decent chunk of folks in the test figures are from track and trace fair enough, but 1.3% of people testing positive? Are these just really concerned people jumping round for a test? Ive learned having several members of family and friends in the NHS that we have quite a hypochondriac society but for the non test and trace folks in these figures im wondering if people are going for a test or something to get out the house? I get that people who go into hospitals are tested and track and trace, but where do the others come from? Does it include the lateral flow tests for nhs staff etc? 
Either way 1.3% positivity shows we are on the way. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Given maybe a decent chunk of folks in the test figures are from track and trace fair enough, but 1.3% of people testing positive? Are these just really concerned people jumping round for a test? Ive learned having several members of family and friends in the NHS that we have quite a hypochondriac society but for the non test and trace folks in these figures im wondering if people are going for a test or something to get out the house? I get that people who go into hospitals are tested and track and trace, but where do the others come from? Does it include the lateral flow tests for nhs staff etc? 
Either way 1.3% positivity shows we are on the way. 

I think there is something in what you say regarding the hypochondriac society; I know several people who claim that they must have had it in November 2019 as they had a few weeks of a "flu-like virus" (so the flu, then).  

It could well be a case of test and trace picking up asymptomatic cases but if that is the case then we need to know just how many positive cases are asymptomatic.  As we progress through the vaccinations there will probably more and more people who are asymptomatic testing positive.  This would largely serve to prove that vaccines are doing their job of booting the virus in the baws, but shouldn't be used as an excuse to maintain restrictions.  

I do two LFTs a week because I'm a teacher.  We've been told that if our LFT was positive we would need to book a PCR to confirm it, so that could potentially add to the cases as well.  

41 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I do two LFTs a week because I'm a teacher.  We've been told that if our LFT was positive we would need to book a PCR to confirm it, so that could potentially add to the cases as well.  

LFT’s a getting used by quite a few businesses now as well.  I think the 1.3% positive is from PCR tests, but there must be a proportion presenting for PCR tests that are negative, but had a false positive  LFT.

Some jobs require weekly PCR,  it would be interesting to know how many people that is.

But we all know drama queens who have probably taken test every time they have a cough or their dinner is a bit bland.

Seen a fair amount of weapons on Twitter this afternoon claiming we’re due to follow India after letting a crowd in at the League Cup final today. These morons seem completely oblivious to the fact we have vaccines that WORK and more than half of our country - and the majority of the vulnerable - are vaccinated. 

10 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Seen a fair amount of weapons on Twitter this afternoon claiming we’re due to follow India after letting a crowd in at the League Cup final today. These morons seem completely oblivious to the fact we have vaccines that WORK and more than half of our country - and the majority of the vulnerable - are vaccinated. 

It is true that part of the reason India is in the hole that it is with Covid is the mass mixing of people at religious events. However this involved millions of people (literally), the vast majority of whom are unvaccinated. Nothing like false equivalence. 

The Lovejoys are approaching their last stand - the good times are coming back. 8)

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

It's becoming increasingly clear that the vArIaNtZ are an utter irrelevance to the vacc#scenes as well.

13 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:
20 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
There was a freedom march in London earlier, opposing lockdown and vaccine passports. Thousand of people there yet there was no mention of it on the BBC news website. They were quick enough to have reports on those protesting the ESL, quick enough to show "covidiots" on beaches. Why not show people protesting these draconian measures? Oh that's right it doesnt fit the narrative 

Also anti vaccine. Deserve f**k all attention

Saw a clip of some women who'd travelled from somewhere like Devon and were asked why they wanted to take part in it.

"To be around other sane people that know mask are just bollocks, and this is genocide and you can't stay quiet about that so you have to join with other people that know what the hell's going on." 

"It just to stand up for the children." 

Whit?

Edit: That's the video I was meaning, thanks to Theroadlesstravelled's post.  

Edited by s_dog
link to video