Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Do you just spend all day looking for people on twitter that you disagree with?

He's a sad c**t, I thought that had already been established?

Edited by Bert Raccoon

I was at Ayr and Girvan earlier, really nice to see the beaches and parks busy. The ice cream shop and chippy were also getting good trade. It's long overdue for them! 

I hear a distant neighbour having a garden party right now and Foo Fighters are playing. What a glorious day...well aside from the fitba 

58 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Do you just spend all day looking for people on twitter that you disagree with?

There's this amazing thing with Twitter where it suggests content based on what you follow, bud.

Bit wild.

My Aussie girlfriend has to fly home (for good) in a month. I’ve been applying for exemptions to the Australian travel restrictions for the last year in order to join her but continually get rejected (arseholes). Could be a long wait. Shite.

There was a freedom march in London earlier, opposing lockdown and vaccine passports. Thousand of people there yet there was no mention of it on the BBC news website. They were quick enough to have reports on those protesting the ESL, quick enough to show "covidiots" on beaches. Why not show people protesting these draconian measures? Oh that's right it doesnt fit the narrative 

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Usually because these types of protests are thinly disguised far right rallies.

There’s be a decent crossover in the Venn diagram In sure.

it also gives simpletons the chance to dismiss and scoff at anyone else who dare challenge lockdown in any way as uncaring zealots who agree with nutters.

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There was a freedom march in London earlier, opposing lockdown and vaccine passports. Thousand of people there yet there was no mention of it on the BBC news website. They were quick enough to have reports on those protesting the ESL, quick enough to show "covidiots" on beaches. Why not show people protesting these draconian measures? Oh that's right it doesnt fit the narrative 

Lozza Fox was there. 

Also anti vaccine. Deserve f**k all attention

My wife had her first dose over a month ago, and has a couple of underlying health problems. I'm considering going down the "unpaid carer" route in order to get my first dose, but kind of feel a wee bit cheeky, like I'm jumping the queue. Should I just go for it???

5 minutes ago, philpy said:

My wife had her first dose over a month ago, and has a couple of underlying health problems. I'm considering going down the "unpaid carer" route in order to get my first dose, but kind of feel a wee bit cheeky, like I'm jumping the queue. Should I just go for it???

Go for it m8.

Spoiler

And then hand yourself in to the authorities.

15 minutes ago, philpy said:

Aren't you the boy who's been shopping folk for having pals round? Outstanding 😂

That said, it's easy. There's no requirement to evidence that you are an unpaid carer for someone with a disability. You basically say yes or no in an online form then confirm it at your appointment. I went the same route and briefly felt guilty, then realised I am in fact an unpaid carer for my partner who has an ABI. 

Getting really disheartening seeing sporting events with fans outside of Scotland.

Just this weekend the snooker in Sheffield, and the WRC (World Rally Championships) in Croatia.

I know we'll have 12k at Hampden in a couple of months, but you just know were it not for David Marshall's save we'd be joining Dublin in turning the games away.

8 hours ago, anotherchance said:

There’s be a decent crossover in the Venn diagram In sure.

it also gives simpletons the chance to dismiss and scoff at anyone else who dare challenge lockdown in any way as uncaring zealots who agree with nutters.

Yup. Protests questioning lockdown would be legit if it weren't for oddball anti-vaxx/Detournement types spoiling them.

Also, they just give the Helen Lovejoy's the ammo for 'Omg such a slap in the face for our brave NHS heroes! 😭' rhetoric.

I recon for football stenhousemuirs ochilview would be a great place to have a trail run at a sell out crowd with no masks or SD, youd need volunteers for it but it’s only a 3k capacity with one stand and one covered terrace, the turnstiles are the oldschool style wall back at the roadside, there are no indoor walkways or concourses ,the pie shop is a window outside and you’re only inside for the toilets themselves. Start of somewhere like that and work up the way?