Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Looks like vaccination will indeed see the requirement to test fired straight in the bin as well - as it should. Details in the article:

Not sure if it's just me, but the past week or so seems to have seen an awakening in terms of people coming to terms with just how much the vaccines are yeeting the virus into oblivion and the subsequent pointless-ness of theatre measures remaining once the rollout is complete.
Edited by Elixir

14 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Need a few names. Hoping for 9 "STARS" to get a new revamped Celebrity Squares presented by former DR Gillian McKeith where there are no real questions or answers just nods and winks.  So far I can get 3 squares filled with  Peter "5G" Ebdon.  Matt"Holocaust" Le Tissier. Denise"twitter quiter"Welch. Who else has made a c**t of themselves?

Celebrity Squares – TV Cream

I've met one of the people in the photo

Spoiler

Michael Bentine. Very nice man. Was interested in the paranormal but no idea if he would have been an anti vaxxer.

14 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Need a few names. Hoping for 9 "STARS" to get a new revamped Celebrity Squares presented by former DR Gillian McKeith where there are no real questions or answers just nods and winks.  So far I can get 3 squares filled with  Peter "5G" Ebdon.  Matt"Holocaust" Le Tissier. Denise"twitter quiter"Welch. Who else has made a c**t of themselves?

Celebrity Squares – TV Cream

The boy out the Stone Roses was showing himself to be an absolute loon earlier in the pandemic.

27 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Looks like vaccination will indeed see the requirement to test fired straight in the bin as well - as it should. Details in the article:

Not sure if it's just me, but the past week or so seems to have seen an awakening in terms of people coming to terms with just how much the vaccines are yeeting the virus into oblivion and the subsequent pointless-ness of theatre measures remaining once the rollout is complete.

Anyone got reader access to the telegraph to see what they are saying? Will the folks with vaccinations have to take tests despite the vacciney goodness working?

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Anyone got reader access to the telegraph to see what they are saying? Will the folks with vaccinations have to take tests despite the vacciney goodness working?

I don't, but you can screenshot most of the article before it times out usually. After June 28, certainly for 'green' countries, there will be no need to test. And no need to quarantine from 'amber' countries either - though possibly a test required. In the end, though, as most places vaxx up and transmission slows, it will make everything pretty moot anyway fairly quickly.

10 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Absolutely glorious. Zero COVID nonsense crumbling like the European Super League. 

Yup. This absolute slam dunk from Angela Rasmussen is a total minter for the increasingly scrambling for relevance zero Coviders too. That Dominic Pimenta is a self-promoting charlatan as well. An utter psycho and I'd be going nowhere near him if he was provided as a doctor to me. 😄

You absolutely love to see it.

Edited by Elixir

I don't, but you can screenshot most of the article before it times out usually. After June 28, certainly for 'green' countries, there will be no need to test. And no need to quarantine from 'amber' countries either - though possibly a test required. In the end, though, as most places vaxx up and transmission slows, it will make everything pretty moot anyway fairly quickly.
It's "fully vaccinated" again so as with yesterday's articles loads of under 50 and the majority under 40 will not get anywhere before September on those terms. There is no way travel will be restricted that much it would cripple the travel companies to lose a whole school summer holiday season so there are bound to be testing / quarantine channels in for non fully vaccinated customers.

24 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Many non-robust challenges?

There were plenty of mis-timed challenges.

17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What facility do you play at David? Is there any enforcing of “non-contact” or do they just trust folk to abide by the rules?

Powerleague. I had to sign a thing saying we'd observe the rules pre-game but that was it. To be honest, the whole place was absolutely mobbed and looking at the majority of pitches the games were going on like it was literally like a normal Monday night. We felt fairly laid back about it as the majority of us test a couple of times a week like the pros, and a couple are vaccinated with their jobs. 

It makes me furious to be honest that people are having to break rules that shouldn't exist at this stage. I have kept myself fit but there's a number of people who rely on their games of football, socially as well as physically. The government should be doing more to promote heath and fitness.

32 minutes ago, Elixir said:

No need to screenshot, just cancel the refresh as quickly as you can and the full article will stay on screen. The telegraph paywall is absolutely pointless.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

No need to screenshot, just cancel the refresh as quickly as you can and the full article will stay on screen. The telegraph paywall is absolutely pointless.

Yeah; view on your phone and switch off the internet when the page is loading.

37 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Quite a long article so couldnt ss it all, need to find out more about testing etc. My 3 year old obviously isnt vaccinated so dunno if i want to put him through a pcr test for a few days. Need to see more detail, hate these fucking paywalls. 

27 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

24 minutes ago, David W said:

Yeah; view on your phone and switch off the internet when the page is loading.

Many thanks worked for me!