Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Have you seen the rates in Spain? They dont seem to be mainly falling on the plain, they dont seem to be falling too great anywhere. Dont think anyone is arguing for travel to be relaxed to Spain until they lower.  

Not sure where you are getting that from. They are well below the European average on 14 day average currently

Screenshot_20210430-210002_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

So 10 times higher roughly than our own rates aye? Further behind on vaccination too. 
Yes but in Euro terms one of the best. Using your criteria we won't be going anywhere in Europe. If we only open to countries lower than the prevelance in the UK it's going to be a mighty short list. Given you will need to be vaccinated and still need to test as it stands figures like those in Spain will need to be tolerated or travel is screwed.

Remember that the Scottish Government is pulling shit like incarcerating people from abroad while Scotland has - relatively speaking - by far the highest rates of infection in the UK. So clearly that must be an effective measure... oh, and how is that 'strive fur eliminashunnn!!111' going?

The actual audacity and incompetence of the c**ts. 😂

22 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
So 10 times higher roughly than our own rates aye? Further behind on vaccination too. 

Yes but in Euro terms one of the best. Using your criteria we won't be going anywhere in Europe. If we only open to countries lower than the prevelance in the UK it's going to be a mighty short list. Given you will need to be vaccinated and still need to test as it stands figures like those in Spain will need to be tolerated or travel is screwed.

No, im happy to wait for June for leisure travel, dont think anyone is arguing for travel to begin immediately, but what we do want is clarity as to the Governments plans. There should be no need to test if vaccinated or a young child. 

29 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Remember that the Scottish Government is pulling shit like incarcerating people from abroad while Scotland has - relatively speaking - by far the highest rates of infection in the UK. So clearly that must be an effective measure... oh, and how is that 'strive fur eliminashunnn!!111' going?

The actual audacity and incompetence of the c**ts. 😂

Sorry, what does this mean?  In what way do we have “by far the highest rates of infection in the UK”?  

According to our very own Superbigal, both England and Northern Ireland have higher rates

21 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

5,000 people, no masks, no social  distancing. 

Will be a while until we see scenes like that in Scotland. 

It will, however in the meantime the seethe from the Helen Lovejoy types at the sight of young people enjoying themselves transcends borders, and it's absolutely delicious.

Edited by anotherchance

I’m unclear what we’re going to learn by test events full of people who have just tested negative. At a time of much reduced incidence the likelihood is that absolutely nothing happens but I’m not sure that advances our knowledge at all.

As far as travel goes, I’m unclear what mood music down south there is that makes things look like they’re moving faster, other than maybe more sympathetic coverage by The Telegraph. They’re suggesting that holidays won’t be banned from May 17 - though you’ll still need tests and quarantine, which makes the removal of the total ban kind of redundant for the overwhelming majority and won’t get the aviation sector moving again.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

I’m unclear what we’re going to learn by test events full of people who have just tested negative. At a time of much reduced incidence the likelihood is that absolutely nothing happens but I’m not sure that advances our knowledge at all.
As far as travel goes, I’m unclear what mood music down south there is that makes things look like they’re moving faster, other than maybe more sympathetic coverage by The Telegraph. They’re suggesting that holidays won’t be banned from May 17 - though you’ll still need tests and quarantine, which makes the removal of the total ban kind of redundant for the overwhelming majority and won’t get the aviation sector moving again.

I find it bizarre having test events with 5,000 people and yet you can't have more than 50 people at a wedding or funeral.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I honestly feel they are just to pander to the Lovejoys and show that the world will not end if people get closer than 2m to each other.

Otherwise we could just look at things like that UFC event.

IMO it's time to stop worrying about "cases" - pretty much anyone who is at an elevated risk of serious illness has been vaccinated. If those with a miniscule risk of serious illness wish to "risk" their life to enjoy themselves then they should be allowed to.

I reckon you have more risk of being stabbed on a night out now than getting a serious dose of covid. And I doubt anyone that's not a bam ever worries about that happening.

The sooner society recollects its head with regards to relative risk the sooner we can put all the nonsense about masks, distancing, mandatorty LFTs and Vaccine Passports to bed.

All the clips I've seen of the club night the music sounds heavy quiet. Was there some directive about noise or is it just the footage is shite?

Half the clips look pish anaw. Swear it's a psyop to make us think that clubbing is shite.

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Sorry, what does this mean?  In what way do we have “by far the highest rates of infection in the UK”?  

According to our very own Superbigal, both England and Northern Ireland have higher rates

Well, they don't.

7 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I honestly feel they are just to pander to the Lovejoys and show that the world will not end if people get closer than 2m to each other.

Otherwise we could just look at things like that UFC event.

We might find that that the Lovejoy's actually just have a problem with young people enjoying themselves. In much the same way that homophobes manufactured shame about gay people that lasted long after AIDS was a serious danger to people in the UK