Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

stats all over the place today with IT issues, looks like will be another increase once all is counted tho

6 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

70 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

Sounds reasonable.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Depending where it is held there are two sets of "away" fans.

With the current restriction level travel shouldn't be an issue, I agree, but with Clownshoes making specific reference to small numbers of travelling fans "maybe" being allowed into grounds in September then I think it's perfectly fair to assume that there would be some sort of restrictions on travelling fans in May. It would be ludicrous to allow St. Johnstone and Hibs fans to travel to (for example) Aberdeen on the 22nd of May, and then ban Ayr fans visiting Dumfries in August because they don't know if it will be safe.

Since this is the second time you've asserted this, I wonder where you heard/saw him say it.  In the 5 minutes that I heard of Off the Ball on Saturday, in response to a question about fans travelling to games, he explicitly stated that any restrictions on travelling fans (in the absence of more general travel restrictions) would not be imposed by government.  However, if there continued to be limits on capacity, he suggested that clubs might choose to give preference to local fans.  That would be their decision though, rather than one imposed by the government.

27 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

stats all over the place today with IT issues, looks like will be another increase once all is counted tho

Listening to the radio yesterday afternoon and the public health professor who was on was arguing caution (predictably). When asked about the fact that deaths were so low, and hospitalisations low, guess what the reply was.

Cases numbers remain high so there will be variations, vaccine crushing variants, your granny will die and the pubs shut for ever more...that at least was the gist. All about "case numbers" now for these guys.

It's depressing as f**k that we confirmed restrictions in August for football. 

People celebrating because the government has given us permission to hug or have strictly limited visitors is another bad sign.

Edited by Detournement

8 minutes ago, Rod1877 said:

Since this is the second time you've asserted this, I wonder where you heard/saw him say it.  In the 5 minutes that I heard of Off the Ball on Saturday, in response to a question about fans travelling to games, he explicitly stated that any restrictions on travelling fans (in the absence of more general travel restrictions) would not be imposed by government.  However, if there continued to be limits on capacity, he suggested that clubs might choose to give preference to local fans.  That would be their decision though, rather than one imposed by the government.

I was referring to comments made in this article

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jason-leitch-forewarns-the-big-24019105

This was prior to his most recent appearance, granted, but gives the impression that, whilst not implicitly banning it, they really don't want travelling fans in grounds at the start of the season.

8 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Guidance now live on gov.scot and as it stands at this time, snooker/pool halls are showing both as open and closed in level 2. emoji23.png

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-2/

Presumably it's pot luck whether they can open. 

Depending where it is held there are two sets of "away" fans.
With the current restriction level travel shouldn't be an issue, I agree, but with Clownshoes making specific reference to small numbers of travelling fans "maybe" being allowed into grounds in September then I think it's perfectly fair to assume that there would be some sort of restrictions on travelling fans in May. It would be ludicrous to allow St. Johnstone and Hibs fans to travel to (for example) Aberdeen on the 22nd of May, and then ban Ayr fans visiting Dumfries in August because they don't know if it will be safe.
Going by what NS said today restrictions next season will be irrelevant. If SD goes then crowd restrictions by definition go with them.

No reason at all why the SFA cannot organise a venue for a restricted attendance match still 11 days away if the will was there, quite simply it isn't.

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Going by what NS said today restrictions next season will be irrelevant. If SD goes then crowd restrictions by definition go with them.

No reason at all why the SFA cannot organise a venue for a restricted attendance match still 11 days away if the will was there, quite simply it isn't.

I'm not disagreeing that it could be done.

Merely reflecting (again) that the recent mood music from the SG has consequences.

Had the SG all but confirmed (privately) to the SFA that the SC Final could host fans up to 25% capacity a few weeks ago then I'm almost certain that either something would have been worked out with UEFA to allow fans into Hampden (at least in the North, East and West Stands) or an alternative venue would have been sourced to facilitate this.

I get the impression that the private messaging from the SG is identical to the public messaging, which, ultimately will lead to the public missing out on things which are allowed by the time the planned date comes round.

The Cup Final is just the first example of this, there will be more.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Had the SG all but confirmed (privately) to the SFA that the SC Final could host fans up to 25% capacity a few weeks ago then I'm almost certain that either something would have been worked out with UEFA to allow fans into Hampden (at least in the North, East and West Stands) or an alternative venue would have been sourced to facilitate this

Problem is that this may of been happening it was for the folk running the event to contact the local authority with a proposal of a capacity and this would then be taken to the SG, this has been the case since the revised levels were published.

The SFA appear to not to have bothered with this leg work as UEFA would be using the stadium and Hearts, Celtic and Rangers have all said their grounds are unavailable and as far as anyone can tell the SFA stopped here. Now had the SFA not had previous for being completely hopeless than you could understand them pleading ignorance but imo their handling of this has been nothing short of abject the perfect venue considering the lack of folk that will be able to attend is imo Tannadice. But regardless of venue let's hope we don't follow the FAs ridiculous rule that you have to travel in a club coach and pay over the odds for the pleasure.

This Torygraph article highlights bit by bit just how fucking useless these gubbins modelers are:

Honestly, they have zero credibility and their 'field' should be recognised as being in the smouldering ruin of pointlessness that it is.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Now that the virus has been cigared into insignificance, I think this thread should be renamed "The P&B Sandwich Island Orgy Thread" and we can discuss the real issues at hand. 

Eh, really, small island, small minded.  all about you.  I believe this thread started when a virus started in China (nothing to do with the UK/SCO), let's hope the rest of the world can get/buy/steal/pray for some vaccines and catch up.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Problem is that this may of been happening it was for the folk running the event to contact the local authority with a proposal of a capacity and this would then be taken to the SG, this has been the case since the revised levels were published.

The SFA appear to not to have bothered with this leg work as UEFA would be using the stadium and Hearts, Celtic and Rangers have all said their grounds are unavailable and as far as anyone can tell the SFA stopped here. Now had the SFA not had previous for being completely hopeless than you could understand them pleading ignorance but imo their handling of this has been nothing short of abject the perfect venue considering the lack of folk that will be able to attend is imo Tannadice. But regardless of venue let's hope we don't follow the FAs ridiculous rule that you have to travel in a club coach and pay over the odds for the pleasure.

Or they did, and LA's reported back that the SG were unwilling to commit to anything greater than 500 prior to today.

Which would be in line with their approach to date.

I'm not disagreeing that it could be done.
Merely reflecting (again) that the recent mood music from the SG has consequences.
Had the SG all but confirmed (privately) to the SFA that the SC Final could host fans up to 25% capacity a few weeks ago then I'm almost certain that either something would have been worked out with UEFA to allow fans into Hampden (at least in the North, East and West Stands) or an alternative venue would have been sourced to facilitate this.
I get the impression that the private messaging from the SG is identical to the public messaging, which, ultimately will lead to the public missing out on things which are allowed by the time the planned date comes round.
The Cup Final is just the first example of this, there will be more.
Your determined this is the SGs fault no matter what and are building a strawman argument based on that position. It would be valid IF the SFA come out and say that the reason there is no crowds is down to the timing of SGs announcement but they quite simply haven't. As it stands they are determined to have it at Hampden whether that be contractual or through belligerence.

ETA irrelevant now the SFA have backtracked (UEFA have relented) and crowd will be at Hampden so it was hee haw to do with the SG after all.