Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm pretty sure Sturgeon said the places reopening includes snooker halls, which is a level 1 thing in the original document, but BBC article saying they remain shut.

Has NS fucked up her announcement or has the BBC reported on the original document without realising she has accelerated this?

Did JL say fans will be allowed at the cup final next week if the game is moved to another venue?

This has been known to be the case for weeks. 500 can get into any seated ground, no questions asked, and a higher capacity can be asked for.

Every single bit of this is on the SFA. The Government have confirmed the changes today but they’ve been known for some time now.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Some guy on YouTube did a video and it look him something like 2 and a half days to get to Tristan Da Cunha.

So you probably need to travel through countries riddled with covid to reach it. HHmm makes sense. Plus it's coming into winter so will be freezing, f**k it I'm going with the P&B pack and hitting the sandwich islands wherever they may be.

edit - double f**k that, they're in the antarctic.

Edited by dirty dingus

I'm pretty sure Sturgeon said the places reopening including snooker halls, which is a level 1 thing in the original document, but BBC article saying they remain shut.

Has NS fucked up her announcement or has the BBC reported on the original document without realising she has accelerated this?
I heard bingo halls but didn't recall her saying snooker halls

3 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

So you probably need to travel through countries riddled with covid to reach it. HHmm makes sense. Plus it's coming into winter so will be freezing, f**k it I'm going with the P&B pack and hitting the sandwich islands wherever they may be.

don't think you're getting to the Sandwich islands without going via South America either. 

it will also be bloody freezing at this time of year.

Edited by Left Back

15 minutes ago, Elixir said:

According to Sky News, 'Murray' is remaining in Level Three.

They really know nothing about Scotland/don't give a f**k, eh? 😅

Tbf, at least it's an improvement on 'Morrey', which Sky News had a week ago.

No surprise to hear that Keith is a hotspot as I was through there at the weekend and saw a certain large beer garden absolutely heavin' on Saturday evening.  Could tell at the time that it would one hell of a spreader event and it was allowed to go ahead even though it's beside Police Lane, called so because the police station is just a couple of hundred metres along the road.

I strongly suspect that they got complacent having been in Level 1 for ages (when most other places were at Level 3) and therefore considered Covid to be somebody else's problem.

It sounds to me that SD will be gone pretty much at the same time as in England given today's relaxation and the review. Bar foreign travel restrictions it doesn't sound as if too many restrictions will be in place beyond the level zero move next month with even those looking to be gone by the end of the adult vaccination roll out. All sound pretty logical and sensible. Let's just hope Moray is an isolated blip.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tbf, at least it's an improvement on 'Morrey', which Sky News had a week ago.

No surprise to hear that Keith is a hotspot as I was through there at the weekend and saw a certain large beer garden absolutely heavin' on Saturday evening.  Could tell at the time that it would one hell of a spreader event and it was allowed to go ahead even though it's beside Police Lane, called so because the police station is just a couple of hundred metres along the road.

I strongly suspect that they got complacent having been in Level 1 for ages (when most other places were at Level 3) and therefore considered Covid to be somebody else's problem.

awrite helen calm down!

4 minutes ago, Paco said:

This has been known to be the case for weeks. 500 can get into any seated ground, no questions asked, and a higher capacity can be asked for.

Every single bit of this is on the SFA. The Government have confirmed the changes today but they’ve been known for some time now.

Without any idea of what discussions have been had between the SFA & SG prior to today's announcement on the following:

Confidence level of moving to Level 2

Capacity that will be allowed (500 would be a waste of time financially)

Whether travelling fans will be allowed (Leitch just a week or so ago said they may not be allowed at the start of next season)

It's hard to pinpoint who is most at fault.

Again, like the uncertainty with outdoor events and air travel in the summer and beyond, it comes down to the "we just don't know" mentality, that appears to give zero clarity until the last minute.

Why would the SFA go out and rent a ground if there was a chance they'd be limited to 500 or so locals rather than a decent number of supporters from both teams?