Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Hancock hinting that the rules on facemasks could be reviewed next month too.

Cannot wait to laugh in the face of the first Lovejoy who loses their mind when I'm in a shop without a mask once they're in the bin. heh.png

49 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I wonder how the Indian Variant found its way up to Moray ? In theory should hardly have been possible with all our restrictions.
Surely easy to work out ?
RAF would be my suspicion.

NB Not that I give a flying feck about the variant itself.

no way sir! arr brave RAF boys will see off any variant foolish enough to come near us ANY TIME!

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats more in the media today about how summer is going to be normal, SD binned etc etc.

Was blatantly obvious when Johnson put his roadmap out that he was in possession of data that made him comfortable to do so. Vaccines have absolutely killed this shit stone dead.

Every day that goes by now without all businesses open is quite frankly, a joke.

the other day the irish prime minister was qouated on saying the same but that "we'd have to get through another winter to be sure ( to be sure to be sure !) "  now that would normally lead to a heads gone from many on here but to be totally fair, it would be a bit foolish if they were to just stand up and say "nah don't worry lads, f**k all will happen in the autumn, gurantee it"

even this nightmare scenario envisaged , we're still only talking about this time next year as the absolute worst case for the pandemic's reach into our daily lives.  the pandemic will end and life will go on.  on the radio the other night a historian mentioned, when asked if we would change our behaviours permanently following covid, that some people kept up wearing masks and other precautions after the 1918 pandemic, but that those decreased year on year until around 1925 when the number became negligible and that he expected similar this time

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

the other day the irish prime minister was qouated on saying the same but that "we'd have to get through another winter to be sure ( to be sure to be sure !) "  now that would normally lead to a heads gone from many on here but to be totally fair, it would be a bit foolish if they were to just stand up and say "nah don't worry lads, f**k all will happen in the autumn, gurantee it"

even this nightmare scenario envisaged , we're still only talking about this time next year as the absolute worst case for the pandemic's reach into our daily lives.  the pandemic will end and life will go on.  on the radio the other night a historian mentioned, when asked if we would change our behaviours permanently following covid, that some people kept up wearing masks and other precautions after the 1918 pandemic, but that those decreased year on year until around 1925 when the number became negligible and that he expected similar this time

Quite happy if people have this attitude as long as it doesn't alter their approach.  Domestically at least we should be living normal lives unless something happens to change that.  We shouldn't be living abnormal lives just in case.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats more in the media today about how summer is going to be normal, SD binned etc etc.

Was blatantly obvious when Johnson put his roadmap out that he was in possession of data that made him comfortable to do so. Vaccines have absolutely killed this shit stone dead.

Every day that goes by now without all businesses open is quite frankly, a joke.

Agreed. The vaccines have absolutely crushed the virus. I think we'll be weeks behind England with the likes of masks and social distancing binned. Looking forward to my trip down south in July to live 'normal' for a week.

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Agreed. The vaccines have absolutely crushed the virus. I think we'll be weeks behind England with the likes of masks and social distancing binned. Looking forward to my trip down south in July to live 'normal' for a week.

I can see why you think that but I think it's unrealistic that there will be wholesale differences between us an England.  we have only even been slightly out of sync with each other the whole time and rules have been broadly the same

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

I expect to have my face mask in work for until next year... sadly 

DO YOU WORK IN A HOSPITAL BROTHER!

I can see why you think that but I think it's unrealistic that there will be wholesale differences between us an England.  we have only even been slightly out of sync with each other the whole time and rules have been broadly the same
Agreed it will be days rather than weeks. This time last week we were speculating about no foreign travel and yet it's now pretty much going to be a 4 nations approach which, given the "green" list and considering nowhere is letting us in EU wise for at least another 3 weeks is absolutely fine.

Now the election is out the way and she can get the Covid goggles back on. If I was NS, looking at the data the way it is, why not bring Level 2 forward to Thursday at midnight. Give the hospitality industry a much needed boost. They'll be all stocked and ready to go now anyway.

Zero chance it will happen though.

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

Just now, Mallo_Madrid said:

Now the election is out the way and she can get the Covid goggles back on. If I was NS, looking at the data the way it is I would bring Level 2 forward to Thursday at midnight. Give the hospitality industry a much needed boost. They'll be all stocked and ready to go now anyway.

Zero chance it will happen though.

That's a stupid idea....

...I'll never get Friday off at such short notice.

42 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I expect to have my face mask in work for until next year... sadly 

My work are absolutely choking to ditch everything. Just waiting on getting the nod really. Which is pleasing

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

No doubt many of the people clinging onto social distancing are elderly and therefore have no concerns about it inhibiting their job or anything like that. More's the worry that many of them will also have been double jagged. 

Get it to f**k ASAP. 

Don't think the age thing will be too relevant.

I posted the other day one of the surveys showed only 5% of over 80s that have had the double jag see covid as a major risk now.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Yup. As I've said before, my hunch has always been that we'll probably have to get through another winter, which should now be no worse than a bad flu season at most, to satisfy the 'scientists', both Scottish and UK Governments, and the Lovejoy's, before we can dispense with some of the theatre measures that will remain in the interim. Life is going to continue getting a whole lot better nonetheless, and we will get back to real normality.