Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not sure if he's right with that but I wasn't specifically listening for snooker halls so could be either way.

Update: She definitely said it, it's now down to whether or not she meant to.

I seem to remember Codona's fair in Aberdeen was mistakenly given the go ahead to reopen last summer and was shut down again which caused a bit of a stooshie.

Without any idea of what discussions have been had between the SFA & SG prior to today's announcement on the following:
Confidence level of moving to Level 2
Capacity that will be allowed (500 would be a waste of time financially)
Whether travelling fans will be allowed (Leitch just a week or so ago said they may not be allowed at the start of next season)
It's hard to pinpoint who is most at fault.
Again, like the uncertainty with outdoor events and air travel in the summer and beyond, it comes down to the "we just don't know" mentality, that appears to give zero clarity until the last minute.
Why would the SFA go out and rent a ground if there was a chance they'd be limited to 500 or so locals rather than a decent number of supporters from both teams?
That hasn't been the issue though if the Radio Scotland pundits stance is to be believed. They seem adamant that the SFA are "comitted" (possibly contracted) to having the final at Hampden. If that's not the issue the clubs and the SFA need to tell us otherwise. If there's a will there can easily be a solution. Not sure what issue travel would be given that's not been restricted for a good few weeks now. It's a cup final, there are no "away" fans !

34 minutes ago, Paco said:

This has been known to be the case for weeks. 500 can get into any seated ground, no questions asked, and a higher capacity can be asked for.

Every single bit of this is on the SFA. The Government have confirmed the changes today but they’ve been known for some time now.

There are 2 clubs absent from the final which has made the SFA make up their mind or rather not get their arse in gear.

19 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Update: She definitely said it, it's now down to whether or not she meant to.

I seem to remember Codona's fair in Aberdeen was mistakenly given the go ahead to reopen last summer and was shut down again which caused a bit of a stooshie.

Since there's absolutely no reason for a snooker hall to be shut then even if it was a mistake no point walking it back now. 

Since there's absolutely no reason for a snooker hall to be shut then even if it was a mistake no point walking it back now. 
I agree fully, I'm just surprised she didn't highlight what appears to be an acceleration if it's what she actually intended.

Havnt they been open for a while ? I know next door to where I play football has been open for 2 weeks. (Ryze, trampolining type soft run about place)
The trampine place in Falkirk was open before xmas even though the soft plays were all shut. I think they are categorised differently

51 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would imagine maybe face masks still to wear?

It would be the most predictable thing for the restriction which makes least difference to be the last one to go

43 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That hasn't been the issue though if the Radio Scotland pundits stance is to be believed. They seem adamant that the SFA are "comitted" (possibly contracted) to having the final at Hampden. If that's not the issue the clubs and the SFA need to tell us otherwise. If there's a will there can easily be a solution. Not sure what issue travel would be given that's not been restricted for a good few weeks now. It's a cup final, there are no "away" fans !

Depending where it is held there are two sets of "away" fans.

With the current restriction level travel shouldn't be an issue, I agree, but with Clownshoes making specific reference to small numbers of travelling fans "maybe" being allowed into grounds in September then I think it's perfectly fair to assume that there would be some sort of restrictions on travelling fans in May. It would be ludicrous to allow St. Johnstone and Hibs fans to travel to (for example) Aberdeen on the 22nd of May, and then ban Ayr fans visiting Dumfries in August because they don't know if it will be safe.