Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Now the election is out the way and she can get the Covid goggles back on. If I was NS, looking at the data the way it is, why not bring Level 2 forward to Thursday at midnight. Give the hospitality industry a much needed boost. They'll be all stocked and ready to go now anyway.
Zero chance it will happen though.

I’d imagine most places have prepared for a Monday opening and very few would be in a position to open from this Thursday. However if she could even state level one end of May and level zero 20th June I’d be delighted.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’d imagine most places have prepared for a Monday opening and very few would be in a position to open from this Thursday. However if she could even state level one end of May and level zero 20th June I’d be delighted.

There wouldn't be any law that forced places to open earlier than Monday if they weren't prepared to do so.

But there's absolutely no reason why, at the very least, places that are already serving food indoors can't immediately start serving alcohol with meals. 

53 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I expect to have my face mask in work for until next year... sadly 

Seems that my brother will still need to wear a mask/shield at certain times at his work for the foreseeable future, even when all of the Covid restrictions are over.  Apparently that's just part and parcel of being a welder/fabricator though. 

Seems that my brother will still need to wear a mask/shield at certain times at his work for the foreseeable future, even when all of the Covid restrictions are over.  Apparently that's just part and parcel of being a welder/fabricator though. 
Yer maws a welder

The Moray Plague has spread over the border into the Highlands. That's what we deserve for allowing an extra Tory to slither in on the list.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-57070599

A new variant of Covid-19 has been detected affecting a small cluster of cases in Grantown-on-Spey in the Highlands.

NHS Highland said it was a variant under investigation (VUI) and was one of a number of strains different from the main ones circulating in the UK.

The health board is making asymptomatic testing - tests for people without symptoms - available in Grantown.

Appointments will be available at a mobile testing unit.

The unit will be set up in Burnfield Avenue car park on Wednesday.

Testing can also be booked at the Grantown-on-Spey fire station. Details on how to make an appointment are available on NHS Highland's website.

Dr Jenny Wares, consultant in public health medicine with NHS Highland, said asymptomatic testing would help check that there had been no wider spread within the community.

She said: "We know that hearing about a variant under investigation can be worrying but the way to limit the spread of any variant remains the same.

"It is really important that we all continue to follow FACTS - wear a face covering, avoid crowded places, clean your hands regularly, maintain two metres distance and self-isolate and book a test if you have symptoms.

"We would also ask that everyone continues to support those affected by Covid-19 in our communities with compassion."

BJ said one of the most sensible things he’s ever said in the briefing yesterday. Basically he was saying how people now need to manage and judge risks for themselves, not wait for the government or advisors to guide them. A fair shift from the Scottish population who seem to hang on every word from the likes of JL and Devi and have their lives micro managed for them 

BJ said one of the most sensible things he’s ever said in the briefing yesterday. Basically he was saying how people now need to manage and judge risks for themselves, not wait for the government or advisors to guide them. A fair shift from the Scottish population who seem to hang on every word from the likes of JL and Devi and have their lives micro managed for them 
The Scottish population hang on every word of Leitch and Shridar....don't talk nonsense, they are roundly criticised and ignored by the vast majority. Some folk seem to obsess over their every utterance, most don't even see their blurb.

What’s the hospital numbers like for Moray? 

If they’re relatively low, that’s worrying for other parts of Scotland going forward because it means you can end up punted into level 3 with a spike in cases even if nobody is seriously ill. 

35 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Moray Plague has spread over the border into the Highlands. That's what we deserve for allowing an extra Tory to slither in on the list.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-57070599

A new variant discovered the week before a loosening in restrictions.

I must confess to be shocked by this development. Truly shocked.

There's the exact same line from NS you'll be glad to hear. More and more to become a personal choice

Utterly pathetic, it really is. They are making this shit up as they go along. 
Travel restrictions imposed as well. At the moment you can move about as you wish at level 3. Now you can't in one particular area. 

It seems I misplaced my faith in the whole country going as one. 
To be fair, the travel restrictions were always part of the deal if we didn't move as one.

They haven't just made it up.

Just now, H Wragg said:

To be fair, the travel restrictions were always part of the deal if we didn't move as one.

They haven't just made it up.

Does that also mean everyone on the mainland can’t go to the islands?