Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, supermik said:

Got my 2nd booked for next Tuesday. Quite happy to get it but doubt if it will mean anything regarding getting things back to any semblance of normality. Indian variation this week, any number of variations the following weeks. Just seems so pointless getting these vaccinations if they are not going to make a blind bit of difference to the constant threats of more lockdowns.

I still find it incredibly frustrating that the SG, more so than the UK Gov, never miss a trick when it comes to highlighting something somewhere that shows why we must be cautious about re-opening because we just don't know.

The US are very much in the driving seat when it comes back to getting actual normality back. I'd really love them to acknowledge what the US are doing, and what could be learned from there, assuming there is no disatrous fall out from what they are doing.

It simply cannot be the case that tens of thousands packed into an indoor arena in the USA is safe, yet 2m distancing is required to maintain safety in an outdoor arena here.

One of those points of view must be incorrect, and it would be extremely beneficial to everyone in the UK (and indeed the world) to pay close attention to what happens in the USA, and adapt their own strategies accordingly.

A lot more people turning up for their vaccines in Dundee today, certainly more than the 50% we were getting last week. Nice to see more people turn up but it did mean that I only had enough time for 2 pints after work so it's not all good.

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

That was what I was like after my first dose of AZ, thought I'd avoided it as I was fine all day Saturday after it but woke up during the night with a fever and couldn't move until about midday on the Sunday but then was absolutely fine afterwards 

Pretty much how I felt too.

Got my second dose a couple of weeks ago and had absolutely no symptoms at all. Hope it works out the same for you

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

This is from the CDC in the USA

IMG_1317.jpg

I dont see the need for the unvaccinated ones to have to wear a mask like they're some sort of leper. Surely the vaccinated wont be shitting themselves about being in the same room as someone unvaccinated? If so they may as well not ever step foot outside the door incase they're run over by a bus or taken out by a hurricane 😑

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dont see the need for the unvaccinated ones to have to wear a mask like they're some sort of leper. Surely the vaccinated wont be shitting themselves about being in the same room as someone unvaccinated? If so they may as well not ever step foot outside the door incase they're run over by a bus or taken out by a hurricane 😑

There may be more than one unvaccinated person present.

All of this of course is based on the premise that masks actually offer protection.  I have to admit I can’t remember what the current consensus is.  Are they of any benefit or a waste of time?

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I still find it incredibly frustrating that the SG, more so than the UK Gov, never miss a trick when it comes to highlighting something somewhere that shows why we must be cautious about re-opening because we just don't know.

The US are very much in the driving seat when it comes back to getting actual normality back. I'd really love them to acknowledge what the US are doing, and what could be learned from there, assuming there is no disatrous fall out from what they are doing.

It simply cannot be the case that tens of thousands packed into an indoor arena in the USA is safe, yet 2m distancing is required to maintain safety in an outdoor arena here.

One of those points of view must be incorrect, and it would be extremely beneficial to everyone in the UK (and indeed the world) to pay close attention to what happens in the USA, and adapt their own strategies accordingly.

Difference in mentality. Americans are go-getters, we're not. Made more galling of course by the fact we will get a considerably higher uptake than they will.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

There may be more than one unvaccinated person present.

All of this of course is based on the premise that masks actually offer protection.  I have to admit I can’t remember what the current consensus is.  Are they of any benefit or a waste of time?

I imagine the unvaccinated people there would be folk outwith the elderly or vulnerable categories so why care if someone gets a cough for two days? I just think having most folk unmasked and a few with masks a recipe for disaster (shouting obscenities at them etc) 

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I imagine the unvaccinated people there would be folk outwith the elderly or vulnerable categories so why care if someone gets a cough for two days? I just think having most folk unmasked and a few with masks a recipe for disaster (shouting obscenities at them etc) 

I don’t think it works like that in the states.  They aren’t prioritising in the same way as us.  They’re firing jags into arms regardless of age is my understanding.

4 hours ago, Elixir said:

Make him PM.

Im sure hes responsible for some other good takes through this. 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What about those yet to be vaccinated? Have they still to wear a mask? 

Yeh as previously said the Yanks are absolutely nailing their roll out, my friends kids have been done and theyre not even 20 yet. 

Would love someone to challenge JL on Off the ball on Saturday and ask what are the reasons for only letting the cup final have 600 fans while 1,000 fans will be at the Irish cup final next weekend and 22,000 will be at the FA Cup final on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I wonder how many stewards will be at Hampden to hold back the 600 crowd. I reckon about 200. What an utter farce. Dont know why they couldnt have moved it to a smaller ground and then at least have some atmosphere rather than 600 drowning in the Hampden atmosphere vacuum 

Would have been an interesting quiz question anyway

"In 2021 did St Johnstone win the Scottish Cup at The Rock, Stair Park or Links Park?" 

Things did seem to be going a bit quieter on this front, so it's good to see this nonsense moving closer to the bin where it belongs. Any requirements for the football/gigs etc will follow them in time when it's clearly no longer needed. If we could just quit the utter mewling over variants, a return to normal life really isn't very far away...

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Superhero incoming

Did this not happen before?  Some guy in Israel was given loads of doses back in the very early days of vaccine rollout.  Don’t remember hearing anything more about him so assume it all worked out OK.

Been having some issues with trying to reschedule my 2nd dose. 

Called/checked online rescheduling all this week to state i can't attend my given appointment time and need an alternative. The only offer of alternatives have been 80 miles away and each time it's been a take it or leave it stance. I was told to cancel it and just wait for another one sometime.

Appointment is at 8.50am if i rock up at 1pm, which is the earliest i can make, it should i be ok or will they be c***s about it?

Edited by red23

37 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That Daily Record article is infuriating.

Leitch did say: “Without asking you can have 500 but WITH asking you can have a different number as long as it’s safe to do so.

“You’re allowed 500 and I don’t need to even answer the phone. If you want more than 500 you’re going to have to come with a plan of transportation, parking, policing, Covid officers, hand washing etc.”

Who the f**k does this guy think he is and who is allowing him to make these decisions personally without ever having been elected to public office? This guy is supposed to be a bloody advisor. He's not supposed to be making decisions about football match attendances.

He has deliberately tricked the SFA into making absolutely arses of themselves by hinting at 10,000 "maybe being a stretch". For that alone, he needs his baws booted  all the way back to obscurity.

Whether they are or aren’t allowing him to make decisions the Scottish government are allowing him to spout this nonsense and portray himself in the media every day as the decision maker and the sage of all things public health related.