Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Why do they announce the countries to go on the 'red list' so far in advance? Surely that just leads to a flood of people coming back from a country ASAP which is exactly what you want to avoid. 

This has never made sense to me.  This exact scenario has supposedly led to a load of people flying into the UK from India then bombursting round the country and obviously bringing a new variant with them.

Also why India wasn’t on the red list ages ago seems to be a fair question to ask.

Its a really good point but the depressing answer is that our systems, across the UK, dont fucking work.  Nothing has worked during the pandemic apart from lockdowns and vaccines.
And it's s point that need hammering home at every opportunity. The only things that have made a difference are down to the public sector and the public. Johnson and his crew could have fucked off for a year and left us to it. The result virus wise would have been the same but the public purse wouldn't be so light.

Devi wants us younguns to wait for the vaccines before going to the pub but concedes vaccinated people should feel pretty safe. 

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Devi wants us younguns to wait for the vaccines before going to the pub but concedes vaccinated people should feel pretty safe. 

She did say you can meet your pals outside though so it’s not all bad.

She also says we shouldn’t be going abroad on holiday.   She can take a flying f**k to herself.

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Both fair points, but little consolation to people who are currently waiting on an announcment today (Friday) about whether their livelihood will become viable on Monday, for the first time in 2021, or in many cases, since autumn last year.

Someonwle should be answering for the repeated use and threat to use the nuclear option, over a year into this situation.

I say we take off and nuke the virus from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Someone on the radio said "more transmissible" in such a way that my head now has those words to the tune of "Unforgettable, that's what you are" by Johnny Mathis going round in a loop.

Maybe a duet for Clownshoes and the Miami sociopath to work on for HT at the cup final.

Exactly what was said would happen, discriminating against younger people who haven't had a vaccine despite being a tiny risk and having to forfeit normal life to protect the older generations which has been happening for over a year, she can go f**k herself I'll be in the pub monday.

Glasgow kept in level 3 for another week as well.

There is a complete and utter obsession with case numbers and a total disregard for NHS capacity/deaths  - the reasons for which these emergency powers were granted.  

Edited by super_carson

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
26 minutes ago, GiGi said:

she can go f**k herself I'll be in the pub monday.

72666D56-8B2E-4973-937F-7BB4AA824EFF.jpeg

14 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Someone on the radio said "more transmissible" in such a way that my head now has those words to the tune of "Unforgettable, that's what you are" by Johnny Mathis going round in a loop.

p05wq0jm.jpg