Coronavirus (COVID-19)

less of these c***s ^^ and their pish, 
Mare of these c***s  and their sense 

Pandemic could be declared officially over if vaccines keep people out of hospital

Professor Andrew Pollard, director of the Oxford Vaccine Group, has been on the radio this morning to talk about the most recent Public Health England data published over the weekend.

He suggested the pandemic could be declared over if people are kept out of hospital by vaccines, but we need more time to see how effective they are against new variants.

"The thing that makes this a pandemic is people going into hospital. And so what we really need to know, and we don't have the data yet for certain, is how well both vaccines are performing in preventing people from going into hospital," he told the BBC's Today programme.

"If the current generation of vaccines are able to stop people going into hospital, whilst there is still mild infections, people are getting the common cold with the virus, then the pandemic is over.

"Because we can live with the virus, in fact we are going to have to live with the virus in one way or another, but it doesn't matter if most people are kept out of hospital because then the NHS can continue to function and life will be back to normal. 

"We just need a little bit more time to have certainty around this."

How can so many "experts" look at the same data and come up with such wildly varying outcomes ?

Who are the hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations and tens of thousands of deaths most models predict if all measures are ended next month going to consist of. Suddenly talking about teens dying in masses seems like lunacy. Even at vaccine escape at the levels being talked about they seem wild. Basically models today suggest the vaccine needs amended to cope with this Indian variant based on today's predictions yet I don't see any mention of an urgent race to produce a tweaked version.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

How can so many "experts" look at the same data and come up with such wildly varying outcomes ?

Who are the hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations and tens of thousands of deaths most models predict if all measures are ended next month going to consist of. Suddenly talking about teens dying in masses seems like lunacy. Even at vaccine escape at the levels being talked about they seem wild. Basically models today suggest the vaccine needs amended to cope with this Indian variant based on today's predictions yet I don't see any mention of an urgent race to produce a tweaked version.

There was a tweaked vaccine on order a while back. Off the top of my head I can't remember which vaccine it was.  Pretty sure this was well before any talk of an Indian variant.

ETA. Here it is.  Curevac

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-vaccines-partnership-to-rapidly-respond-to-new-virus-variants

Edited by Left Back

13 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

i know ffs, children and teenagers have some of the least restrictions imposed on them out of everybody - schools , distancing, group numbers and mask wearing. if there was going to be huge numbers of them dying from covid it would have happened by now

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

There was a tweaked vaccine on order a while back. Off the top of my head I can't remember which vaccine it was.  Pretty sure this was well before any talk of an Indian variant.
I just feel if the IV is able to escape vaccine efficacy at the levels predicted then there would surely be a well publicised rush to produce a tweaked version to cope with that yet there doesn't appear to be which brings thinking back to it being doom laden.

Come end June bar masks and SD what will be left measures wise and how can those two measures prevent the hellish "exit wave" alone as those models seem to be saying.

I dont buy the publicity whore talk re experts as you can't just say that about the doomsters yet claim a so called expert giving positive news isn't doing that for similar reasons. No such thing as bad publicity as the old saying goes. If someone wants to keep their profile up during this they are as likely to try that via positive news as negative.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I just feel if the IV is able to escape vaccine efficacy at the levels predicted then there would surely be a well publicised rush to produce a tweaked version to cope with that yet there doesn't appear to be which brings thinking back to it being doom laden.

Come end June bar masks and SD what will be left measures wise and how can those two measures prevent the hellish "exit wave" alone as those models seem to be saying.

I dont buy the publicity whore talk re experts as you can't just say that about the doomsters yet claim a so called expert giving positive news isn't doing that for similar reasons. No such thing as bad publicity as the old saying goes. If someone wants to keep their profile up during this they are as likely to try that via positive news as negative.

Human trials of the second generation vaccine expected to start in Q3.

http://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/positive_results_for_gskcurevacs_covid-19_vaccine_1370045

Interested to see the outcome of the UK Govts social distancing review. What do we reckon it will be? Canned for outdoor events and indoor hospitality but required at large scale indoor events? Or canned completely with a recommendation to use it where possible and where a mask on public transport.

Vaccine appointment next Tuesday. All the way out at Ingilston as well. I am sure this is just a ploy to get people to use the tram :angry:

Edited by RiG

https://register.vacs.nhs.scot/
FYI for those on P&B, like my good self, who are under the age of 30. Probably still be a while till we get it, imagine this is to try and catch as many folk who aren't registered at doctors surgeries or something. 
You youngsters can f**k right off. I'm 34 next month and still haven't been jagged yet.

54 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Does anyone have any idea what these people are actually gaining from ignoring the facts and spouting this rubbish?

I'm genuinely baffled as to what could be in it for them.  Are they really that desperate to get 5 minutes of fame in a throwaway interview on TV?  How does that actually help them career-wise or otherwise when their predictions will be provable garbage in hindsight?

Publicity and RTs/likes from #FBPE twitter. 

And who can blame them? The doom mongering coming out the press works albeit I expect the 'experts' not to omit relevant facts to suit their own agenda. 

31 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Missed this from Saturday, looks like the UK Government were trying to hide data on the spread of the Indian Variant in schools.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/22/no-10-tried-to-block-data-on-spread-of-new-covid-variant-in-english-schools?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

No 10 ‘tried to block’ data on spread of new Covid variant in English schools

The focus of their anger concerns the pre-print of a PHE report that included a page of data on the spread of the India Covid-19 variant in schools. But when the report was published on Thursday 13 May, the page had been removed. It was the only one that had been removed from the pre-print. Days later, the government went ahead with its decision to remove the mandate on face coverings in English schools.

Evidence seen by the Observer suggests No 10 was directly involved in the decision not to publish it. The prime minister’s office acknowledged it was in correspondence with PHE officials about presentation of the data but vigorously denied this constituted “interference” or “pressure”.

Seems to be a lot of this happening just now.

It will only make things worse when the public inquiries are underway.

Schools are safe and covid doesn't spread in them; the Government said so. 

That we have never ending reports of school outbreaks and isolations due to close contacts of positive cases is just a sheer coincidence. Must be because rof the tanning salon or something. 

24 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

She’s at it again.

Shes undermined effectiveness of vaccines, told people struggling to build their own sunshine, built her profile on spreading fear via the media and contributed the square root of f**k all and has the audacity to have a go at another scientiest. The fucking daftest thing about it is phd/masters or whatever mac n chise is actually qualified on the subject.

I cannot fucking wait for the travel restrictions to be lowered further so I can travel as much as possible, f**k these fear mongering arseholes. Yes its a serious virus, yes we need to take precautions, but Devi go f**k yourself if you think im going to live in fear forever. 

Turning off replies is always revealing. What's funny is that the tweet ends up being quote tweeted and they'll see all of the comments anyway. 

I'd have thought Devi might've learned from her previous lies about the vaccine, which of course the subject of that passive-aggressive tweet called her out on and was subsequently blocked for. No such luck, it seems. 

She's an absolute trumpet. 

Edited : oh look, the tweet's gone :lol:

Quote tweets not going the way she hoped for then. 

Edited by Michael W

13 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Turning off replies is always revealing. What's funny is that the tweet ends up being quote tweeted and they'll see all of the comments anyway. 

I'd have thought Devi might've learned from her previous lies about the vaccine, which of course the subject of that passive-aggressive tweet called her out on and was subsequently blocked for. No such luck, it seems. 

She's an absolute trumpet. 

Edited : oh look, the tweet's gone :lol:

Quote tweets not going the way she hoped for then. 

She's an absolute bairn.