Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Looks like an athlete right enough....

...a fucking sumo wrestler.

His wife and bairns look a bit chunky too.

Edit - I like how they've made sure they've not used photos of him that clearly show he's overweight.  Couple of head shots will do.

Edited by TheScarf

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Sumo wrestlers are actually quite fit and healthy in general despite their size. Bit of an insult to the profession to stick the garden variety obese person in with them.

There's a brilliant video on YouTube of a sumo wrestler making chankonabe, a special soup that they make to gain weight.  He then goes to an amateur sumo club and teaches a class before they all go to a local Japanese restaurant to eat more chankonabe and drink beer.

A sad postrcipt is that Byamba, the wrestler in the video, died of Covid right at the start of the pandemic, February 2020 I believe.  Sad times.

Here's the video, chanko looks magic.  RIP Byamba.

31 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Summary

• 641 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 16,192 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 4.2% of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
  • 12 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 122 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 3,386,321 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,251,259 have received their second dose

Good figures, I’d have thought.

Just wait till they put the negative spin on it.

28 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Not too bad figures. Going with travellingtabby website:

Intensive Care +4
Hospital +8

Not bad considering there will likely be a number of people released early afternoon following the monday ward rounds?

27 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It 'terrifies' NHS staff (and I'm sure this quote doesn't apply to all NHS staff) mainly because the NHS and the government have created years of utter chaos by pushing every other single disease.....cancer, heart problems, chronic illnesses, mental health etc..... completely into the background, and have concentrated all resources into their Covid response. 

If I worked in the NHS, I'd be fucking terrified about the tens of thousands about to beat a path to my door with illnesses and complaints that have been fermenting for the last 16 months. 

My mrs is more terrified of the fact she’s got patients who are now presenting with quite advanced cancer that they havent ‘bothered the doctor’ with because they thought their problems werent as important as covid. Thats the messaging conveyed by the media and the love joys, people are unnecessarily going to die from perfectly treatable illnesses that have been left too late. 

Daily Cases Update:  Scotland goes into 2nd place in Europe behind Denmark who are testing huge numbers. 

Scotland has 9 of the 16 councils in the UK with cases over 125  per 100K.  Kirriemuir has 3 times as many cases as Southampton.

Some significant changes in the major countries in Europe.   Denmark now tops the charts at a pretty respectable 105 cases per 100K. Then Sweden 93, Netherlands 90,  Belgium 88 are the only other countries above 75

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 29th May to 4th June  were 4813 now 5086 up 5,67%.  Positivity was 3.3% now 3.4%.   Cases per 100k were 88.1 now 93.1

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  35.9 to 38.8 up 8.08%, England  34.5 to 37.4 up 8.41%,  Wales  9.4 to 9.7 up 3.19%, Northern Ireland 24.7 to 25.2 up 2.02%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

HELD BACK AT SCHOOL LEVEL 2 RED 

Clackmannanshire  151.3 to 190.1 Ultimate Whore's nickers of an authority surges back to the top again. God bless Alva and her citizens.

Dundee City   162.1 to 186.8  Continues it's surge another 15%

South Ayrshire  171.4 to 178.5 Drops 2 places by virtue of a smaller rise.

City Of Edinburgh    149.7 to 166.7 continues charge upwards and left Glasgow behind

Glasgow City   147.0 to  156.4   On the rise again. Public health in control

Angus   126.5 to 148.0  Over 300% rise in 3 days.  and Kirriemuir now Scotland's most rabid neighbourhood.

East Renfrewshire     149.7 to 140.3  Basically spread throughout the area. No hotspots. On the decline.

Renfrewshire    133.4  to 129.5 4th daily drop.

East Ayrshire  126.2 to 127.9   

Midlothian   114.6 to 122.2 

East Dunbartonshire   106.8 to 103.1 

Stirling   95.5 to 84.9  

South Lanarkshire  82.1 to 84.2

North Lanarkshire    84.1 to 84.1

North Ayrshire    80.9 to 77.9

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Perth & Kinross   68.4 to 76.3 

West Lothian   62.3 to 70.5 

West Dunbartonshire   66.3 to 66.3  

West Lothian   62.3 to 70.5 

East Lothian  57.9 to 61.6  

Falkirk   52.8 to 55.9

Fife   49.0 to 50.1

Aberdeen City    28.0 to 33.2  Possibly kicking off now as up 100% in 3 days from low levels.

Highlands    35.2 to 30.5

Inverclyde    27.0 to 29.6

Scottish  Borders   22.5 to 27.7

Argyll & Bute   14.0 to 17.5

Shetland Islands  13.1 to 17.5

Moray   17.7 to 16.7

Argyll & Bute   14.0 to 17.5

Aberdeenshire   12.6 to 14.9

Dumfries & Galloway  9.4 to 12.1

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Orkney Islands  9.0 to 9.0 

Western Isles  7.5 to 7.5

Edited by superbigal

They have a binding contract with UEFA.

And it's subject to the exact same SD and meeting rules as pubs. It's 3k max in an area previously licensed to accommodate 80k (those were the figs Leitch himself was quoting). I was in a pub in Perth last week that had a sign advising current capacity outside was nearly 500 in an area a tiny fraction of Glasgow Green.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Should have asked me.  Where do they find those c***s.

I dont know any staff who are of that view. 

I know wee anecdotes are sometimes frowned upon on this thread, but I recently met one of the Medical Directors of NHS Scotland. Sort of socially, but didnt want to spear them too much over covid. This person (will discuss with you via PM if you want more detail) was full of fear specifically about winter time and said to me "I just hope everyone makes the best of the summer". 

I imagine you'll know or know of who i'm talking about

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

His wife and bairns look a bit chunky too.

Edit - I like how they've made sure they've not used photos of him that clearly show he's overweight.  Couple of head shots will do.

They've not tried hard enough because you know fine well that ridiculous beard is concealing at least three extra chins. 

29 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They have a binding contract with UEFA.

Businesses have contracts with suppliers and customers all over the country that are broken by restrictions. 

There's nothing even remotely 'binding' about UEFA's needs and any national government in Europe would simply override them if the situation demanded it. 

They've not tried hard enough because you know fine well that ridiculous beard is concealing at least three extra chins. 
I assume those pictures have just been taken and that's after 5 month in hospital. Can only imagine the size the c**t was before he went into hospital

Have any of you managed to get a checkup at your dentist yet?
Absolutely no problem if your private or married to a dental hygienist as I am. Good luck
Seriously they cant make any money from NHS basic stuff while restrictions are in place. Fallow time being the main killer as well as PPE.
Go on a private plan costing about £15 a month and as long as you are not a manky b*****d you will be fine.

14 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

Have any of you managed to get a checkup at your dentist yet?

My appointment in January was cancelled. I was told to phone in March, then told to phone in May. 

Called last week and have an appointment in August. That was the first slot they had available. Given I won't have been in a year by that stage (and normally go every six months) I have a mild dose of the fear about it.