Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Parents upset that their two that huvnae had it huvnae got a nursery graduation to go to either seemingly.

Actually it's a perfect example of the shite side of social media. Some fruit-loop raised a point and, rather than been laughed and told to get themselves to f**k, people instead start virtue signalling and backing the point up. It then reaches a point where people seemingly can't think for themselves and (rather than just ignore something) decide that the 'majority' opinion is the one they want to be seen getting behind, and add their voice.

See also: Lockdowns

If I didn’t know better I would assume that was deliberate irony.  Your level of self awareness in posting that on this thread is obviously zero.

22 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Had this debate with a friend the other night. Perth has both the north and south inch. A fan zone could’ve easily been set up at either inch and local bars could’ve been offered a stall. Offsets any complaints of business being removed from pubs and a social distancing aspect being allowed.

I’ve no clue why the council didn’t attempt to put this in place.

Same with the appeal for ticketless Scotland fans not to travel to London.

There should have been fan zones set up in parks all over London to keep people in an outdoor environment as much as possible.

There is a difference between actively promoting travel, and effective planning for dealing with something that was obviously going to happen regardless of what was said.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It was 11 cases over 4 test events!

Yet another thing that doom monger Deepti has been wrong about- she was up in arms about it being allowed to go ahead and was adamant it would cause an outbreak in the community (which never happened)

Were the ones at the test event no tested beforehand? Either way, 11 folk who will no doubt be in their 20’s/30’s getting a wee cough for a few days isn’t the end of the world and won’t cripple the NHS. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Were the ones at the test event no tested beforehand? Either way, 11 folk who will no doubt be in their 20’s/30’s getting a wee cough for a few days isn’t the end of the world and won’t cripple the NHS. 

Unless they sat in a vacuum for weeks before the event and then again immediately after, i'd suggest it isn't particularly conclusive to say they picked it up at the event itself.

More the opposite, really.

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

I see that c**t Leitch is saying that if there's behaviour they don't like the fan zone could be pulled.

Absolute egotism. 

I’m honestly glad I’m going nowhere near the fanzone. I can see it being anything but fun. Jumped up Nazi-esque stewards and JL probably watching the whole thing on CCTV just waiting for somebody to venture less than 2 metres apart from someone. Kunts like him and Devi should have been irrelevant months ago rather than acting like some higher power 

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Unless they sat in a vacuum for weeks before the event and then again immediately after, i'd suggest it isn't particularly conclusive to say they picked it up at the event itself.

More the opposite, really.

Exactly. Probably picked it up when out shopping or from their kid. Like you say, unless folk are isolating weeks before and after the event their is fck all to say they caught it there

I have my first jab in just over an hours time, and then the second booked the Tuesday after the bank holiday in August. 

My Mum has been down this week, and have managed to get her out a few times. She said she feels selfish being out and about, and things should go back to how they were a few months back. My Dad is living no life at all, not leaving the house for months, putting on 3 stone in weight and generally doing f**k all apart from fearing. My Mum has told him to see a Doctor as his mental health is really suffering, but he won't leave the house.

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

What? People testing positive for COVID only become sick enough for hospital weeks later? Since when?

maybe people were discharged but we are having 5000 thousand confirmed cases per week (and who knows how many more undiagnosed) and hospital numbers aren’t increasing. 

The whole way through this, it has been the case that cases translate into hospitalisations about a fortnight later. 

What is important is that if we compare to the 2nd wave, the hospitalisations are far lower. However, cases yesterday do not, and never had, translated into increased hospitalisations the next day. 

I also didn’t dispute hospital numbers were level over 2 days. Very different to you suggesting no one was hospitalised yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

The whole way through this, it has been the case that cases translate into hospitalisations about a fortnight later. 

What is important is that if we compare to the 2nd wave, the hospitalisations are far lower. However, cases yesterday do not, and never had, translated into increased hospitalisations the next day. 

I also didn’t dispute hospital numbers were level over 2 days. Very different to you suggesting no one was hospitalised yesterday. 

This is desperate drivel. We have had high case numbers for some weeks and little increase in hospitalisation. 

it has not been the case that there has been a 2 week gap between case numbers and hospitalisation numbers. Even if that was true, which it isn’t, we are not seeing a throughput from 2 weeks ago. 

I already conceded the point about hospitalisation and discharge, maybe you missed that. 

This is desperate drivel. We have had high case numbers for some weeks and little increase in hospitalisation. 

it has not been the case that there has been a 2 week gap between case numbers and hospitalisation numbers. Even if that was true, which it isn’t, we are not seeing a throughput from 2 weeks ago. 

I already conceded the point about hospitalisation and discharge, maybe you missed that. 
Do you honestly think folk being admitted to hospital because of Covid were only testing positive a day or two before ? There is definitely a 10-21 day gap between the vast majority of hospilisations from positive test to say otherwise is nonsense.

The gap was much shorter (3-10 days average) in the first waves for obvious reasons. Vaccination protecting the most vulnerable has extended it considerably now.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Do you honestly think folk being admitted to hospital because of Covid were only testing positive a day or two before ? There is definitely a 10-21 day gap between the vast majority of hospilisations from positive test to say otherwise is nonsense.

People just get sicker and sicker progressively for 2-3 weeks before ending up in hospital? I doubt that. 

people are more likely to be presented at hospitals with symptoms and be tested.

People just get sicker and sicker progressively for 2-3 weeks before ending up in hospital? I doubt that. 

people are more likely to be presented at hospitals with symptoms and be tested.
There's umpteen studies out there to read. As I said early days ore vaccination median was 3-10 days. It's now much longer. The cases you are referring to ie folk very ill from Covid at testing will be very very few and far between now

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
22 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

There's umpteen studies out there to read. As I said early days ore vaccination median was 3-10 days. It's now much longer. The cases you are referring to ie folk very ill from Covid at testing will be very very few and far between now

Yes indeed, though a previous poster indicated that there had always been a 2-3 week gap between positive test and hospitalisation. 

it is clear now that with the vaccination programme being where it is, that you are very very unlikely to become seriously ill now if you co tract COVID-19. 

so it’s time to get on with our lives.

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

If anyone interested for a Covid Fancy Dress Party or even a piss take turning up to the fan zone.

I am genuinely (Check location) selling these on Ebay.

I will do £40 for P&B members.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304015774354

Respirex Tychem TK Gas Tight Hazmat Suit 1A with Boots & Gloves (Fancy Dress ?)

Just sold another one but don't think it's to a P&B user as boy is in the US 🤠

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Sorry, why is Jason Leitch attempting to govern Scotland? He's a fucking dentist in some shite wee surgery in some shitehole.

To take the heat off Sturgeon.

It means SNP fanboys can complain about restrictions without having their world view shattered. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

To take the heat off Sturgeon.

It means SNP fanboys can complain about restrictions without having their world view shattered. 

There will be plenty of SNP 'fanboys'  who are seething at Sturgeon and have been since March 2020.