Coronavirus (COVID-19)

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I agree with the underlying statement here, but I still find them quite useful. Not so long ago the SG would have been talking about lockdowns etc on the current case numbers. Now we are about to have a (however sanitised) fan zone. The SG themselves appear to have accepted that the vaccines are devastating to SARS-CoV-2, they just aren't ready to say so publicly.

We are still locked down. 

And we have no way of separating the impact of seasonality Vs the impact of the vaccine program until the winter. 

19 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I feel fucking woeful after my one. It was in a little hall, as I was waiting to get in I could see some fella lying down on a medical bed who looked a bit flustered, turned out he had fainted. I had my one done and didn't feel anything. Sat on a chair, and then felt very sick and light headed. The nurse obviously saw I was about to hit the floor so told me to go and lie on the bed, but as I was moving over, another guy fell off his chair and was given priority to lie down. I sat back down, and felt like I was going to spew so was given one of those little bowl things that look like a trilby. Fortunately kept it down, but as I was getting up to leave, another girl hit the deck. In fairness, it was fucking roasting in there.

Still feeling grim now, head is a bit fuzzy, but glad it is out the way. 

If it’s any consolation you are unlikely have any negative reactions after the second one.

My son was really bad after the first one but got his second earlier this week with no ill effects.  Seems to be the case across the board.

31 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s not me you are disagreeing with, as others have pointed out, it’s the facts. 

For what its worth, I agree that the vaccination program is having the effect we all want it to.  I just dislike the comparison of 2 figures which we know aren’t related to each other in the way you have presented them. 

My interpretation of the facts are different from yours.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

I take it the dose is being injected differently depending on which one you get.  Mine which was AZ was just in the layers of skin, a scratch, while others are having the vaccination injected into muscle.

I doubt it makes a lot of difference.

AZ - into the shaft

Pfizer - into the tip

18 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Given that the science advisors have now been elevated to pop star status in Scotland who knows what doors have been opened for them. I'm sure now they have groupies too.

Imagine 10 years from now when the Jason Leitch autobiography comes out and the second half reads like it was written by Keith Moon.

You mean like this?

On 08/06/2021 at 14:25, Billy Jean King said:

As for the Liberals wanting mandatory testing well Libs will be Libs !

That's not very liberal, imho

I'm amazed at how many people I see wearing a face mask outside.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

I take it the dose is being injected differently depending on which one you get.  Mine which was AZ was just in the layers of skin, a scratch, while others are having the vaccination injected into muscle.

I doubt it makes a lot of difference.

My first Pfizer needle felt like it hit the bone, I yelped which was a bit embarrassing. No problem with the second, and zero after effects after either.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The Dutch allowing full capacity from July at football. Negative PCR test or vaccine required but better than a country crying about 3000 people in a fanzone.

Are PCR tests free to anyone in the Netherlands? Don't have an issue with this type of thing in principle for large events (say over 2000 people), as long as there is a free route for unvaccinated people to get the test quickly and easily.

Edited by craigkillie

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Are PCT tests free to anyone in the Netherlands? Don't have an issue with this type of thing in principle for large events (say over 2000 people), as long as there is a free route for unvaccinated people to get the test quickly and easily.

I don't think that having to take an inaccurate test which could wrongly stick you in isolation for 10 days is an acceptable condition of attending a football match.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Are PCT tests free to anyone in the Netherlands? Don't have an issue with this type of thing in principle for large events (say over 2000 people), as long as there is a free route for unvaccinated people to get the test quickly and easily.

Yes. You still need to pay for them in certain circumstances for now such as international travel but the government specifically made tests for people going to events free.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hopefully quick saliva antigen tests get authorised soon, hoping one will do for flight back to UK from Portugal, still finding out. Otherwise it's a nasal one which I'm wary of, heard of someone spitting blood after it at the same clinic I've booked, seems they can get a bit overzealous. Got a PCR test tomorrow at the same place for Seville trip on Monday so I should find out soon enough, the other 3 PCR tests I had to arrange for this daft holiday are all self administered, and the first one wasn't too bad, apart from trying to overcome the gagging reflex when you try to swab your tonsils. All fucking worth it though..:lol:

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I felt very little, arm was a bit sore after and about 6 hours later I had the feeling I was coming down with flu or a cold which lasted lasted for about 24hrs and then it was gone.

Certainly no super powers gained.

You only got a quarter of a dose mate.  No way you’re getting superpowers.

Guest Bob Mahelp
41 minutes ago, Detournement said:

We are still locked down. 

And we have no way of separating the impact of seasonality Vs the impact of the vaccine program until the winter. 

As far as I can make out, we're pretty much the most locked down nation anywhere in the world considering how succesful our vaccination programme is. 

Other countries are allowing large crowds back to sports events etc, and opening up travel corridors. The UK (Scotland especially) is paralysed by 'we just don't know'. 

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I don't think that having to take an inaccurate test which could wrongly stick you in isolation for 10 days is an acceptable condition of attending a football match.

PCR tests aren't considered inaccurate, are they?

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hopefully quick saliva antigen tests get authorised soon, hoping one will do for flight back to UK from Portugal, still finding out. Otherwise it's a nasal one which I'm wary of, heard of someone spitting blood after it at the same clinic I've booked, seems they can get a bit overzealous. Got a PCR test tomorrow at the same place for Seville trip on Monday so I should find out soon enough, the other 3 PCR tests I had to arrange for this daft holiday are all self administered, and the first one wasn't too bad, apart from trying to overcome the gagging reflex when you try to swab your tonsils. All fucking worth it though..:lol:

Don't think I've done a double take at a P&B post in a while.

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

PCR tests aren't considered inaccurate, are they?

They detect traces of the virus but they don't distinguish between active virus and dead virus and can mistake other virus residue for Covid. 

The NHS use 45 cycles when testing but they are only considered accurate up to 30 cycles.

Edited by Detournement