Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Seems the setup is starting for masks to be fucked off. Pleasing.

Posted at 16:33

Minister hopes to ditch mask next month - and Chancellor agrees

image.gif.69fabfe5073febbb90b2bed06a9045ea.gif
Copyright: BBC

Environment Secretary George Eustice says he intends to stop wearing a face mask indoors once it is no longer a legal requirement to do.

Speaking on Sky News earlier, Eustice acknowledged that some people may still choose to wear a covering or it might be advised in some situations, but said "once I'm told it's safe not to, I want to get back to normal".

The MP reaffirmed it's hoped all legal restrictions in England can end on 19 July.

Asked if he would wear his mask indoors if all the rules are lifted on this date, Eustice said "I wouldn't, no...

"I have to be honest. I think a lot of people will want to shed those masks. But while it's contributing to controlling the pandemic I'll wear my mask like everybody else and obviously do my bit."

image.gif.0db2e7fa0463cec9712e9420b3918b29.gif
Copyright: Reuters

Chancellor Rishi Sunak has also said he expects to stop wearing a mask "as soon as possible" after it is no longer legally required.

He's told the Times newspaper the situation is "looking good" for an end to lockdown restrictions by 19 July.

Meanwhile, when asked whether Boris Johnson hoped to "bin" his own face masks, his spokesman was less definitive, only saying: "That would depend. The prime minister, should there be any requirement for it in future, would be happy to comply with them."

Madeira too
Green list countries

The following countries are on the Northern Ireland green list:

Anguila (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Antigua and Barbuda (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Australia

Balearic Islands (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Barbados (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Bermuda (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

British Antartic Territory (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

British Indian Ocean Territory (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

British Virgin Islands(from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Brunei

Cayman Islands (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Dominica (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Falkland Islands

Faroe Islands

Gibraltar

Grenada (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Iceland

Israel and Jerusalem

Maderia (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Malta (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Montserrat (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

New Zealand

Pitcairn Islands (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands

Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha

Singapore

Turks and Caicos Islands (from 4.00 am on Wednesday 30 June)

Antigua it is then . . .

9 hours ago, 101 said:

A bit worrying that the CEO of the SFA doesn't seem to have a plan to take to the Scottish Government and is instead waiting for them to propose mitigations.

Surely it would be far better use of his salary for him to say "we have spoken to the SPFL and clubs would be happy with face coverings for fans when in concourses & promotion of the test and protect app" or whatever they actually think would be acceptable.

A shambles of an organisation. Sat on their hands for 14 months and made no attempts to lobby for fans to be back, outwith the futile test events. 

As for the test and protect app, I've not downloaded it and I wont be starting to. Fck being notified to test or isolate because some tadger 2 metres along from you had a wee sniffle whilst out in the open air 🙄

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

No quarantine free travel to Amber list for the double dosed despite the hints from Bozo earlier today !!!

Don't know why you're surprised. Earliest was always going to be 19th July, with most reckoning early August.

6 hours ago, Paco said:

Ian Maxwell said on the Euros show this morning that he doesn’t expect capacity crowds as of August 9th, despite all legal requirements on physical distancing being dropped.

That’s given me the fear.

I see he’s getting a bit of a hard time about this, but in fairness he’s likely been telt by the government and realises there is little to f**k all he can do to change it.

41 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, Michael W said:
emoji38.png

Screenshot_20210624_184027_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.73fd12ae7c7b2b337f846a5e945abd8e.jpg

It won't be as low as 14% because there will a lot of people who take them, get a negative result, then don't bother to report it.

I've had to order a pack due to a work requirement for a client. I've never tested before, dont have the app. Anyone know if I can just log it online without the ballache of setting up an account?

Also I saw Silverstone mentioned them being needed if you're not double dosed, how do they actually prove that you're the person stated on the negative test? It all sounds to me like a lesson in futility 

Edited by Thereisalight..

7 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I see he’s getting a bit of a hard time about this, but in fairness he’s likely been telt by the government and realises there is little to f**k all he can do to change it.

Unless it will be full capacity crowds after the 9th of August? 

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

Yeah, we'll just ignore the 0-14 and 15-19 cohorts, many of whom do. 

To be fair, the 0-14 and the 15-19 year olds (a 19 year spread) accumulatively still don't add up to the amount in that graph of the 20-24 year olds (a mere 4 year spread)

So Murrayfield will have food outlets open on Saturday, yet Hampden didnt because of big bad queues? Can only imagine covid does care about the shape of the ball after all. An absolute sham 
Just incredible at this stage. Not only are they meddling in our lives long after the intended goal has been reached (protect the NHS) but now they are openly exercising their prejudices. The genie is well out of the bottle in terms of the snobbish way they view football fans.

Looking forward to some "ahahahahah Nicola has football fans on strings hahahahahha" drivel from Granny Danger soon.

Just incredible at this stage. Not only are they meddling in our lives long after the intended goal has been reached (protect the NHS) but now they are openly exercising their prejudices. The genie is well out of the bottle in terms of the snobbish way they view football fans.

Looking forward to some "ahahahahah Nicola has football fans on strings hahahahahha" drivel from Granny Danger soon.

Rugby fans will all have been working from home since last march, don’t frequent dirty pubs and only drink alcohol with a substantial meal when out. And will all be travelling to the match in socially distant range rovers
So much safer if you think about it

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

So Murrayfield will have food outlets open on Saturday, yet Hampden didnt because of big bad queues? Can only imagine covid does care about the shape of the ball after all. An absolute sham 

Could be wrong, but I don't think we ever categorically found exactly who made that decision re the pie huts at Hampden. 

Food outlets being OK'd at Murrayfield, together with the way Ian Maxwell was speaking this morning, makes me think the SFA were behind that decision.