Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Surprised that the armchair google scientists just quote any old shite they see online to fit their own agenda.
Gobsmacked, ah tell ye.

I bet you grow tired of setting people straight when they chat shit about cement online.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Surprised that the armchair google scientists just quote any old shite they see online to fit their own agenda.
Gobsmacked, ah tell ye.

I bet you grow tired of setting people straight when they chat shit about cement online.

*concrete ffs.

It's odd this "delta" variant isn't running wild in less vaccinated mainland Europe. It must only be a matter of time before they see the rises in case numbers we are seeing here and causing reversals in Israel. I suppose we will see very shortly in the few Islands put onto the green watch list yesterday. I suspect these will be amber again even faster than Portugal or it maybe Merkel flexes her muscles to restrict UK entrance to the EU further.

8 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Matt Hancock's world falling in on him. You love to see it.

I doubt if anything will come of this, in fact, his arsehole cabinet mates will probably be buying him doubles for the forseeable based on a stationery cupboard snog n' grope.

The hubris and hypocrisy of these c*nts is off the scale.

6 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I doubt if anything will come of this, in fact, his arsehole cabinet mates will probably be buying him doubles for the forseeable based on a stationery cupboard snog n' grope.

True, of course, but that doesn't mean his marriage won't be down the tubes and his bairns won't hate him.

Pleasing.

True, of course, but that doesn't mean his marriage won't be down the tubes and his bairns won't hate him.
Pleasing.
As always, the best you can hope for these people is that they recieve even just a small % of the misery they inflict, so on that basis its a positive.

13 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

If Ferguson had to go then surely Hancock does too.  His wife leaving him as well would be most pleasing.

35 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

It's odd this "delta" variant isn't running wild in less vaccinated mainland Europe. 

It probably already is, they don't do nearly as much sequencing as we do. 

If there's one thing Tories are good at it's campaigns of relentless bullying against their own. Tremendous entertainment.
Indeed.
On the subject of relentless bullies I do have a tinge of disappointment that the other person in this Hancock liaison isn't Priti Patel.
Edit to add just announced by Number 10 that the PM has accepted Hancock’s apology for breaching social distancing guidelines and considers the matter closed. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I saw Toby Young tweet about this study and just assumed it was from some bullshit online journal mill.  Good to know.

MDPI journals are slightly ambiguous in that respect - there's been a lot of discussion recently about whether they should be classed as a predatory publisher. They definitely have a really quick (too quick) peer review process - they send you articles and ask you to review them within a week, while most respected journals give you a month or six weeks. It's therefore not surprising to see utter bollocks published in their journals.

1,747 new cases of COVID-19 reported

26,794 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

6.9% of these were positive

2 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

16 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 17)

188 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 177)

3,709,801 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,647,397 have received their second dose

Public Health Scotland (PHS) are investigating a potential delay in laboratory processing of specimens in the Lighthouse labs, which resulted in specimen numbers being lower than might otherwise been expected by an estimated 800-1,110 cases based on historical reporting patterns

Edited by Distant Doonhamer