Coronavirus (COVID-19)

No choice but to give Hancock some minor level of credit for being a man who looks like the husband in a cuckolding video yet manages to have an affair with a confirmed wid and only apologises for breaching social distancing guidelines.

10 hours ago, Left Back said:

Been in London for a few days and had to spend a bit of time on the tube.  Wearing a mask in the heat with no airflow is grim.  First time it’s bothered me.

I agree, I felt ill wearing it on the tube although did mean I walked more rather than jumping about the place on the tube.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

No choice but to give Hancock some minor level of credit for being a man who looks like the husband in a cuckolding video yet manages to have an affair with a confirmed wid and only apologises for breaching social distancing guidelines.

He's collectively pulling the public's pisses by only apologising for breaking social distancing rules, he pays her a decent wedge just to shag her, a nationalised prozzy if you like.

c***s the lot of them.

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

He's collectively pulling the public's pisses by only apologising for breaking social distancing rules, he pays her a decent wedge just to shag her, a nationalised prozzy if you like.

c***s the lot of them.

He doesn’t pay her though.  We do.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

He doesn’t pay her though.  We do.

Sorry yes, he recruited her on the promise of a good wedge given to her by us at exactly the same time they say they don't have money to feed children.

This is a reminder if you vote Tory you vote for these c***s who hold you and the rest of us in utter destain.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's been pointed out before that these people are scientists (of some kind). They see the world in black and white. 

So when you ask them, how do we solve the problem of covid, they give a black and white answer. As some one said, they treat it as a math's problem. There's no middle ground, there's no consideration of economic issues and anything else...that's not their job to consider that.

These people have always been like that. It's just that they've been in the background and we've never had to listen to them before. Now they are there, front and centre, and people are hanging on their every word. 

Scientists are as susceptible to their own biases and political/social/moral value judgments as anyone else - not to mention their desire to climb the greasy pole of academia by securing an enhanced profile during a public health crisis. They are not some Spock-like species telling us the 'correct' answer from their narrow perspective.

Edited by vikingTON

Surely we arent excusing these highly educated people for peddling completely unbalanced, harmful shite on everyedia outlet that will have them because they are... Highly educated?

The idea that a scientist somehow cant have any idea about balance of risk and reward is a bit odd.

The ones who are peddling the zero covid stuff and claiming we dont "live with cancer" are quite simply dangerous arseholes. They cant just be excused as "well remember they are a scientist". Get them called what they are.

In the last 25 years smokers have went from being accommodated as equals to being pushed further and further out the way and taxed heavily
CCOM thread for those who think the tax on fags is just about raising cash for the treasury, thats a side effect, it’s to make people think seriously about not smoking
The government spends a fortune on upgrading infrastructure to make walking and cycling easier whilst making it more difficult to just drive everywhere - again for little monetary return
The lowering of the drink drive limit was not so much about road safety- few people suffer much impairment after 1 pint, but was to discourage folk from stopping for a pint on the way home from work, fives etc & also to curtail their intake during a sesh if they had to drive the following day - a good scoop can see you over the new limit till well into the afternoon
We don’t just “accept “ the big 3 killers in Scotland wedo everything we can to encourage better choices without outright banning certain things
These “ scientists “ are talking absolute pish
Besides covid is a respiratory virus and it’s spreads during many activities that are on the whole good for our health and well-being, which they should know fine well by now
People educated to their level should have a better understanding of risk assessment and management

I work for a company who love to talk a good game when it comes to safety “ we believe we can have zero accidents “
The health and safety executive on the other hand DON’T believe we can have zero accidents due to human factors and that to think we can have zero is actually counterproductive and dangerous

Iceland sticking a fork in it completely - and if you're fully vaxxed, you can enter without having to do a pointless test either before you go or once you're there.

Their vaccination uptake is... pretty much on a par with the UK.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

How come the egg chasers can have 16500 at Murrayfield but us football plebs are begging to get more than a 1000.  Hmm, it's as if the authorities don't like working class sports.  

We have capacity for 12k at Hampden on Tuesday??

Little surprised in Parliament no-one has asked Hancock if there are any further uninformed breaches. Clearly he was probably at it. If he said no guvnor that's all, and then further stuff was published, then he would be a dead man walking.

Just now, Tynierose said:

Yeah on sufference due to Uefa,  but why are our clubs being so heavily penalised, does covid distinguish between international and club events.

UEFA are more proactive are arguing their case than the SFA who by their own admission are "waiting to see" I presume the SRU are also being proactive.

Also 1000 is a base line figure clubs can contact their cooncils for a bigger attendance.

Whilst I completely agree there should be no question on football stadia being subject to restrictions but I imagine it's for the SFA to make that happen otherwise we are kept in with all "outdoor entertainment"

UEFA are more proactive are arguing their case than the SFA who by their own admission are "waiting to see" I presume the SRU are also being proactive.
Also 1000 is a base line figure clubs can contact their cooncils for a bigger attendance.
Whilst I completely agree there should be no question on football stadia being subject to restrictions but I imagine it's for the SFA to make that happen otherwise we are kept in with all "outdoor entertainment"
IIRC they have to "lift the phone" to Wee Jason, who will of course still be in floods of tears at the wonderful scenes from London, and carrying out a review of the fanzones to ensure no gin and tonics were sold.

Just now, Tynierose said:

Cooncils who are already streched and can't be fucked dealing with all the rigmarole of it all.  The SFA have been fucking useless right through this whole process.  They were in fact described by a cabinet minister as being the most inept, disjointed, incompetent organisation they had ever dealt with.

Thats some inditement coming from a politician

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Cooncils who are already streched and can't be fucked dealing with all the rigmarole of it all.  The SFA have been fucking useless right through this whole process.  They were in fact described by a cabinet minister as being the most inept, disjointed, incompetent organisation they had ever dealt with.

Yeh councils are fucked with a perfect storm of Brexit and Covid but you would imagine a well presented proposal detailing meeting the ridiculous Covid restrictions would be rubber stamped. No one can seriously suggest that East End Park for example should be an 11th full. It takes time for football clubs and the SFA to get their proposals in place but they have had since March/ April to do this.

As for the SFA seeing their public operations makes that judgement seem tame.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, 101 said:

IIRC they have to "lift the phone" to Wee Jason, who will of course still be in floods of tears at the wonderful scenes from London, and carrying out a review of the fanzones to ensure no gin and tonics were sold.

No G&Ts only, it's lager louts that are to blame.

I had a couple of glasses of champagne in Leicester Square and it's kept me Covid free, clearly it's just an illness that effects the lower classes hence restriction free rugger ;)

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

This is the thing, the sfa recruits the old boys, from the clubs who bend to the bigot brothers will, things are good for the big two so they’ll never push for too much change. It was the same with the sjfa, its just folk looking to get their nose in the trough and get their blazers, no one in power is actually that interested in standing up for the game or anything of the sort. 
Can you imagine how much you could achieve with a football authority not beholding to the shite ours is? 

It's frightening how often I see comments like this. How can anyone who wants to live a free and dignified life think this way?

I think because it has been a gradual mission creep over the last 15 months or so, it's easy for people to forget how ridiculous all this would have sounded at the start of just last year. Governments have learned a lot about how much control over the public they're able to get away with.

image.png.c0077a5de2730c25528945f1826041b7.png

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

This is the thing, the sfa recruits the old boys, from the clubs who bend to the bigot brothers will, things are good for the big two so they’ll never push for too much change. It was the same with the sjfa, its just folk looking to get their nose in the trough and get their blazers, no one in power is actually that interested in standing up for the game or anything of the sort. 
Can you imagine how much you could achieve with a football authority not beholding to the shite ours is? 

This.

Did a study not come out at the start of the Pandemic of shortly before that said Ayr generated £1m in the local economy? Seem to remember something like that. So if a modest size club has that effect you would imagine based on the risk of transmission football would be a quick win for the economy but it needs the SFA and the SPFL to make that case. Which they seem unable or unwilling to do.

Lions game and Euros are both 25% capacity. Dispensation for those to differ from the rules on everyone else was probably given due to the "international signficance" of the games.

Edinburgh and Glasgow games have been subject to the same restrictions as club football.

Of course, these restrictions on any crowd are complete and utter bullshit regardless of the sport.