Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

In a couple of weeks there’s going to be very, very few first doses left to do. I know they’re talking about eight weeks between them now but that’s bound to get even shorter once half the capacity is opened up. I’d be expecting walk in clinics everywhere for first and second doses by the middle of next month.

I know 18 year olds getting done this weekend.  

Been told by an NHS employee to keep an eye out for walk in centres that will do anyone who is at least 6 weeks since first dose.

26 minutes ago, David W said:

I'm in my 30s and I've not had my appointment through yet, I've been reassured it's on its way... The Greater Glasgow and Clyde walk-ins are still for over 40s and if you've waited more than 8 weeks for a second AZ dose.

I would chase that up unless you chases a week ago or something, Fife are getting through 18 year olds now.

29 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I know 18 year olds getting done this weekend.

Been told by an NHS employee to keep an eye out for walk in centres that will do anyone who is at least 6 weeks since first dose.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

I would chase that up unless you chases a week ago or something, Fife are getting through 18 year olds now.

arry.png

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Elixir said:
Well...

Wasnt the Pfizer regime as recommended by Pfizer a 3 week gap initially?

Yup. Both Pfizer and Moderna. That's how it was in clinical trials and is what Israel, the US, and the EU initially did.

8 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Well...

Absolute küntish behavior. The way out of this is getting jags in arms, they're going to turn away folk who want jags in their arms? 

It's almost like those making these decisions  don't want it to end.

6 hours ago, Frankie S said:

I was at Hampden for the Czech Republic game, and the perimeter fence and entrance points were well outside Hampden. The UEFA merchandising stalls and the match programme stalls were outside the stadium itself, not the stadium concourses. There was plenty of space to have set up food and drink stalls where people could have queued outside in an orderly socially-distanced fashion, but no effort was made to cater to the fans at all. When your ticket is €175, and your entrance slot is 3 hours before kick-off (as ours were) you expect more concession towards customer service than just being able to get a cup of lukewarm water now and again, and be told that you can only bring a ‘small amount’ of food into the stadium in one A5-sized transparent bag provided upon entry (which admittedly turned out to be more like an A3-sized bag, though little consolation by the time you’d arrived at the stadium prepared with your micro-sized food allowance). The terms and conditions specified that the closure of food and drink outlets was ‘due to U.K. government Covid regulations’, which was patently not the case, as we also have tickets for the final at Wembley and food and drink outlets are open as normal - ‘food and drink will be available on all levels - this includes alcohol’ - (although we need proof of full vaccination or a negative LFT test to get in). So in effect, the closure of food and drink concessions was entirely due to Scottish government restrictions, not U.K.-wide restrictions. Which makes the fact that food and drink outlets were open as normal at Murrayfield yesterday completely bemusing. Still, par for the course as far as Scot Gov’s illogical, incoherent and often contradictory Covid regulations go. 

It’s an absolute disgrace how we have allowed the Scottish Government to micro-manage and make political capital of this situation, based alone on this specific point of sports’ events, far less any other leisure, social or night- time economies. It’s as if we should all be glad to get to church before anywhere else opens up, as was the case a few months ago. 

21 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The BBC News at 10 not mentioning that there was a 30,000 people rave outside their HQ earlier. 

Comical Alieseque.

How come Schwab didn't appoint Gove as Health Secretary?

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Well that's my favourite restaurant in Aberdeen just announced that it's permanently closing it's doors because of the continued restrictions, after 30 successful years.  Gutted.

There must be more than one McDonalds in Aberdeen.