Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Health Secretary Humza Yousaf has said no further restrictions are planned for Scotland despite an ongoing surge in Covid cases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57648604

More so than that, the FM should move everywhere to level 1 today, given the mockery of the levels system with some level 1 areas having level 2 and 3 numbers yet getting to have more businesses open.

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Talk this morning of England binning isolation for school pupils in close contact scenarios.

Its. Over.

The EIS shitting the bed about the same happening up here as their members are overwhelmingly Lovejoys it seems.

The most despicable of unions IMO - always fanning the flames of whatever the hot topic is and claiming it’s all for the children’s benefit.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Do they still do Winfield (Adidas) 4 stripe footy boots with the stripes in orange.

Imagine still having Woolworths in the 21st century. Backwards types these Aussies.

My 1st part-time job after school/Saturdays was at Woolies.  I loved it.  

I had a pair of those Winfield specials!  

58 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah. Regardless of when these are fully binned - be it a week, a month, a year or a decade from now, there is going to be a sizeable and vocal section of people who will wail that 'you have abandoned us' and 'what about variants/mutations/the children/long covid'.

It doesn't matter when they end, it will be too soon for many, many people. There are a large number of bedwetters who are clearly whipped up into a frothing mess at how scary it all is but let's be honest, a large part of this section is most certainly made up of a mixture of

• Retirees who have all the home comforts that they need, mortgage paid, no social life to speak of so they'd rather just make sure everyone else can't move about either - protect their own interests
  • The 'I'm alright Jack' types who think that because they have not really been affected by the restrictions, that there's no real need to change anything
  • Those who have become totally acclimatised to sitting on their arse, watching daytime telly and in the last 18 months, having their wages from a job they detest either mostly or fully subsidised, so have not an iota of need to want to go back to their work and would like to delay forever more as long as the money is rolling in.

Your bit about retirees is just so wrong.

Myself, wife and pals are just itching to get back on our cruises, holidays, you name it.

For the last 18months we’ve had nothing to spend our cash on and all that’s happened to us is that we’ve lost valuable time we can’t afford to lose.

In my experience it’s been the younger folks that have been the problem including many on here.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Myself, wife and pals are just itching to get back on our cruises, holidays, you name it.

For the last 18months we’ve had nothing to spend our cash on and all that’s happened to us is that we’ve lost valuable time we can’t afford to lose.

In my experience it’s been the younger folks that have been the problem including many on here.

Nothing stopping you going on holiday if you're double jagged and can self quarantine for 10 days when you get back. I'm on my 9th day and nobody's checked up on me at all, not even a text message or phonecall.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nothing stopping you going on holiday if you're double jagged and can self quarantine for 10 days when you get back. I'm on my 9th day and nobody's checked up on me at all, not even a text message or phonecall.

Absolutely.

All booked up and rarin’ to go.

12 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

They can't justify anymore restrictions.

We're at Flamingo land today, plenty of hand sanitizers but nobody wearing masks, no queues just people having fun.

It feels pre pandemic here, its good, its how its meant to be.

But we just don't know!!!

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

My grandparents usually spend half of their year in Spain and are bored out of their nut here or at least were till things began opening up a bit. They have been back in Scotland since last October like they usually do till after Christmas again, but with so much uncertainty have not been able to get away.

Much like yourself, they are desperate for everything to be back to normal and tbh so I’m I so I can get over for free holidays again!

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

My grandparents usually spend half of their year in Spain and are bored out of their nut here or at least were till things began opening up a bit. They have been back in Scotland since last October like they usually do till after Christmas again, but with so much uncertainty have not been able to get away.

Much like yourself, they are desperate for everything to be back to normal and tbh so I’m I so I can get over for free holidays again!

Have they found a way around the 90 day limit for UK passport holders?

26 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just dont understand their mindset at all. Fck knows how they ever managed to leave the house during a bad cold/flu season. If they want to hide indoors forever then so be it but let the rest of us get on with living. This charade has lasted way too long already 

Sorry - who are these people “on here” we are talking about?  I’m not aware of a single person on this thread who wants this to go on a second longer than required. 

Obviously not all retirees are happy to keep restrictions in place but a load of them clearly are.

It's far easier to vouch for ongoing restrictions when your mortgage is paid, you don't have a job to lose and your social life revolves around talking to the next door neighbour every now and then. I'd imagine this applies to far more people who are 60+ than are in their 20s or 30s.

These clowns dont actually come at this from a logic stance do they? 

The restrictions as they currently stand, clearly do not suppress community spread of infection, and as such, whatever risk there is of long covid and VaRiAnTz exists currently. 

Why dont these people just be hoenst and come out and say they want actual, last April lockdown back Current restrictions are pure theatre and its a disgrace that some businesses are still bleeding at the altar of this theatre. 

There is no longer any political capital to be made from "we care more than the tories". All thats left now are dangerous people like Deepti spreading dangerous lies like "covid is causing disability in children!!!!" 

Twitter ought to start running down the lies now tbh. Lives are being saved by the vaccines and a greater understanding of how to treat. They are not being saved by these pearl clutching psychopaths 

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

i don't think age makes that much difference to weather your likely to be a lovejoy or not.  there are people who don't understand the risk and how it evolves not just with vaccines but with time and understanding. theres also people who have ulterior motives for not wanting this to end, although surely even the dumbest of folk must know in their hearts that furlough can't last forever ., there are many who want to continue to work from home but they need to take that up with their employer. it shouldn't be for the government to determine how each workplace is run 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

There is no longer any political capital to be made from "we care more than the tories". All thats left now are dangerous people like Deepti spreading dangerous lies like "covid is causing disability in children!!!!" 

Twitter ought to start running down the lies now tbh. Lives are being saved by the vaccines and a greater understanding of how to treat. They are not being saved by these pearl clutching psychopaths 

I honestly don’t know what these science / medicine types are getting from this viewpoint now that it’s all basically over.

Surely it starts to majorly discredit their whole life’s work if it’s now just opinion to cause controversy, rather than based in fact?

17 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Sorry - who are these people “on here” we are talking about?  I’m not aware of a single person on this thread who wants this to go on a second longer than required. 

Do you think they'd post it here if they did? 

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Do you think they'd post it here if they did? 

remeber this forum lovejoyed the f**k out of pozbaird last year for the pishiest of lockdown breaches. we forget about that. i didn't (then or now) give a toss as i personaly broke plenty rules from april last year up untill now but just didnt announce it to anyone